Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Right now realistically I rank the Cubs the 4th best team so that means with some luck they can still win the WS. I have the Astros, Dodgers, Yankees ahead of them. The Indians, RedSox, and Nationals are even with them in that mix too. The Cards could be dangerous as well? I just hope Jake doesn't go to the Dodgers or Yankees.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

$75! I hope that is for the year. 

Your recommendations would go a long way to help younger fans watch baseball. I also believe that decreasing ticket prices for games would help. When I was a little bit older than you, I would take my nephews and my niece to games. (They are about your age.) I could get tickets to sit in the back rows of the mezzanine and below that for $6 each. Now, some baseball tickets cost about as much as tickets to a football game. I would not be able to go with them as frequently now. 

If you ever get a chance, go to a spring training game. The players are a lot more accessible there. I got to meet a lot of players in Florida. 

Ya $75 is for the year. It was part of the student discount.

Yes right now tickets are so high a lot of the time. For me being a Cubs fan if i want to see them the lowest is $20 and thats when it is weekday during school year. If they can drop price it be easier to  bring younger people and have them watch games live which would help.

And I hope to go one day it is hard to find someone to go with right now. I have been to Triple A game and I was able to get Kris Bryant Autograph and a picture with him while he was there

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The weather here in Indy has been sweet lately! Now March is upon us, Baseball's Regular Season right around the corner + warmer weather.

In some parts of your state, there are lots of flooded areas. They are getting several inches of rain daily. Let's hope everyone is safe. 

Flood warning

Storms in Parts of Midwest

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

In some parts of your state, there are lots of flooded areas. They are getting several inches of rain daily. Let's hope everyone is safe. 

Flood warning

Where I am at some rain but nothing huge. It rained hard last night for a while. It's been warm for February too. If that rain was snow, we would've been in trouble then. It's sunny and 50 today.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Flood warning

Many areas flooded around me, several roads closed. Area FDs have had to perform several water rescues for people that should have known better. 

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Many areas flooded around me, several roads closed. Area FDs have had to perform several water rescues for people that should have known better. 

Sorry to hear that. Is everybody okay? When you say "they should have known better", what do you mean? They did not evacuate or they went outside when they were told not to?

I know you go above and beyond in your line of work. Stay safe. 

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry to hear that. Is everybody okay? When you say "they should have known better", what do you mean? They did not evacuate or they went outside when they were told not to?

I know you go above and beyond in your line of work. Stay safe. 

Thank you. Everyone is good, just having to use a lot of extra caution in areas. The main problem is people disregarding high water signs and getting stranded/swept away.

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

mlb.tv is a great thing to have especially for ST. I get to watch the cubs game today. And living in MO now I will get to see cubs play regular season during school

I have the RSN package for DirecTV and could have watched games all weekend but watch Softball on LHN and Women’a NCAA Basketball instead

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah in 2016 Edwards was really Good, last season he seemed inconsistent. The 8th Inning always seemed like a Bad Inning for the Cubs. I have no idea why but the BullPen gave up a lot of runs in that Inning. Jake could flop, who knows. Maybe the Cubs seen something with him they didn't like? Theo Epstein is much smarter than me so I will defer to him.

They tried a last ditch effort for Jake before they actually signed Darvish so I doubt that was the case . Simply didn't want to sign him to the years because of age.

9 hours ago, GOZER said:

Thank you. Everyone is good, just having to use a lot of extra caution in areas. The main problem is people disregarding high water signs and getting stranded/swept away.

Yes my wifes from Morris , the Illinois is way out and we seen pics of people right in town being rescued .

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Always great to get newbies isn't it. Man the Yankees are going to be tough to beat this year it looks like.

Yes I love for new blood and fans of different teams , just have to keep it classy in here. What makes it a great thread.:D

On 3/2/2018 at 5:11 PM, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I love for new blood and fans of different teams , just have to keep it classy in here. What makes it a great thread.:D

I used to be a regular contributor but my new job has me pretty busy so I apologize but very excited for baseball season

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

I used to be a regular contributor but my new job has me pretty busy so I apologize but very excited for baseball season

Yeah I thought I remembered you in here but wasn't sure. The Yankees look great on paper. I am a Cubs fan and have been for over 30 years so I am glad Jay created this Thread. Finally glad we won a WS. Not sure they have the team to get back right now though. Dodgers are really Good, we will see.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I thought I remembered you in here but wasn't sure. The Yankees look great on paper. I am a Cubs fan and have been for over 30 years so I am glad Jay created this Thread. Finally glad we won a WS. Not sure they have the team to get back right now though. Dodgers are really Good, we will see.

Yeah I’ve been here for years. Used to be in public accounting so I was only super busy in the winter. Now in private so busy every day (although not til midnight and weekend busy). Yanks looking great on the field as well. Very exciting right now in spring training I just wish I could watch bc they play during the day or on the mlb network which I don’t have. Cubs should still be good. I wonder where arietta is going tonsign

3 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Yeah I’ve been here for years. Used to be in public accounting so I was only super busy in the winter. Now in private so busy every day (although not til midnight and weekend busy). Yanks looking great on the field as well. Very exciting right now in spring training I just wish I could watch bc they play during the day or on the mlb network which I don’t have. Cubs should still be good. I wonder where arietta is going tonsign

Yeah I wonder where he will go too? I kept hearing Philly but I wouldn't doubt he ends up with the Yankees or Dodgers. He just loves to win. I was so disappointed to lose him but that is a part of the business. I still think the Cubs can definitely win their Division, Darvish may even be Good but he's no Jake IMO. If Jake goes to the Yankees or Dodgers I think that team should be favored to win it all. I remember you now, you and Gramz used to chat a lot.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I wonder where he will go too? I kept hearing Philly but I wouldn't doubt he ends up with the Yankees or Dodgers. He just loves to win. I was so disappointed to lose him but that is a part of the business. I still think the Cubs can definitely win their Division, Darvish may even be Good but he's no Jake IMO. If Jake goes to the Yankees or Dodgers I think that team should be favored to win it all. I remember you now, you and Gramz used to chat a lot.

Yeah I have been out of the loop a bit. Got married in September and started a new job in October. I don’t think Jake would go to the Yanks unless he plays for free. We have too many young guys in the system we don’t need to spend a hundred million for 5 years on a 31 year old. Look at Boston and Price.

18 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

You guys could have a steal. Just to have cost control is big in baseball these days and he has the two option years after FA could be major saving for Cards

Yes I believe it is a steal , however that's guaranteed money with incentives the contract could get him I think 51 mil. If hes as good as I think he will be even that is a steal.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Almora actually homered today. Our lineup is loaded, I am just worried about our Pitching as a whole.

Yeah kind of early to tell what we got in the bullpen, hope we end the dreaded 8th inning flops.....Happs looking pretty good he might of secured the lead off spot. Schwarber put in some offseason work, he has slimmed down quite a bit, we’ll see how that translates to his play. Heard Heywards been working with Chili quite a bit, would love to see his bat get going again!!!!

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Darvish pitched today and had 4 K's and got the win. Cubs have looked great so far in the Cactus league at 8-2. Happ has been tearing it up as well! Yankees are 9-2 in the Grapefruit League. 2 best records in Baseball so far.

We all know spring training games mean lol not a whole lot. Probably as much as Preseason Football . The fun part is getting to see young talent you don't normally see.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:05 AM, GOZER said:

Yeah kind of early to tell what we got in the bullpen, hope we end the dreaded 8th inning flops.....Happs looking pretty good he might of secured the lead off spot. Schwarber put in some offseason work, he has slimmed down quite a bit, we’ll see how that translates to his play. Heard Heywards been working with Chili quite a bit, would love to see his bat get going again!!!!

Heywards problem in comparison to others is he has a long swing . If he could compact it some he could be a really good hitter.

Archived