Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs latest offer to Jake Arrieta is for 4 years/110 Mill - which was last week. That is a great deal for both sides. Jake can stay on a contender and where he is loved + still get huge money per year. He is 31 so he may only have 3 or 4 years left where he is Elite.

Allthough they have a great line up , without Jake IMO they have no Stopper , jury still out on the bullpen. If they do not sign Jake or aquire another top notch starter to take his place I think they are in trouble in the Central.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Allthough they have a great line up , without Jake IMO they have no Stopper , jury still out on the bullpen. If they do not sign Jake or aquire another top notch starter to take his place I think they are in trouble in the Central.

I agree. They wont be the same team without Jake. The Bullpen also has me worried as Wade Davis is gone now as well.

Still no Jake news but here is a topic, - Name your Top 3 Worst Moments that your favorite team has suffered and Top 3 Best Moments you have cherished in a full season.

-As a Cubs fan since the 1984 Season, here are mine:

Worst Moments

1. The 1984 NLCS Game 5 loss to the Padres. Cubs were a borderline Great team that season and had a 2 games to 0 lead in the series, then lost 3 in a row to the Padres. Losing Game 5 was awful! Padres go to the WS, we go home. That was when the NLCS was a 5 game series.

2. The 2003 NLCS. Cubs were up 3 games to 1 over the Marlins in the series, then lose 3 in a row. Game 6 rolls around, the Bartman incident happened and the Cubs lose Game 6 at home and then lose Game 7 at home. Just a disaster! Huge choke!

3. The way our fans treated Bartman during Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS, very disappointing and unprofessional. The guys life was ruined and he did what any fan would do in reality, reach for a Foul Ball. It wasn't Bartman's fault we lost. We still had many chances to win Game 6 after that crap. We still could've won Game 7 and didn't. The 1984 NLCS loss is still worse, that was Ryne Sandberg's Ring chance and we blew it.

Best Moments

1. Winning the 2016 WS. That was easy lmao. What a special season!

2. Beating the Dodgers in the 2016 NLCS to advance to the WS. That was easy lmao 

3. Watching Andre Dawson hit 49 HR's during the 1987 Season and winning League MVP, see nobody expected that one :lol:.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still no Jake news but here is a topic, - Name your Top 3 Worst Moments that your favorite team has suffered and Top 3 Best Moments you have cherished in a full season.

Worst Moments

1. The 1984 NLCS Game 5 loss to the Padres. Cubs were a borderline Great team that season and had a 2 games to 0 lead in the series, then lost 3 in a row to the Padres. Losing Game 5 was awful! Padres go to the WS, we go home. That was when the NLCS was a 5 game series.

2. The 2003 NLCS. Cubs were up 3 games to 1 over the Marlins in the series, then lose 3 in a row. Game 6 rolls around, the Bartman incident happened and the Cubs lose Game 6 at home and then lose Game 7 at home. Just a disaster! Huge choke!

3. The way our fans treated Bartman during Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS, very disappointing and unprofessional. The guys life was ruined and he did what any fan would do in reality, reach for a Foul Ball. It wasn't Bartman's fault we lost. We still had many chances to win Game 6 after that crap. We still could've won Game 7 and didn't. The 1984 NLCS loss is still worse, that was Ryne Sandberg's Ring chance and we blew it.

Best Moments

2. Beating the Dodgers in the 2016 NLCS to advance to the WS. That was easy lmao 

3. Watching Andre Dawson hit 49 HR's during the 1987 Season and winning League MVP, see nobody expected that one :lol:.

Easily the worst and it effected both of our teams . 

The Cards had Lost Jack Buck 4 days earlier.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank you for this opportunity to talk baseball again. :D

I will have to think about it. But the #1 best moment has to be this one and I was so glad to be there in person waving my flag and cheering. 

It was the first game in NY following the tragic events that we now all refer to as "9/11".  The Mets were playing their arch rivals, the Braves. Mets are down a run in the bottom of the 8th. Piazza facing Braves reliever Steve Karsay:

The short version:

The longer version:

And more.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Worst Moments

Best Moments

1. The Day The Evansville Triplets moved to Nashville

2. The Day Don Mattingly retired

3. The Day Jim Abbott retired

4. The Day WGN dropped the Cubs and WTBS dropped the Braves

1. Jim Abbott throwing his no-hitter

2. The Evansville Otters join the Frontier League

3. The Otters Win The FL Championship 

4. Princeton native and former PCHS teammate Jeff Goldbach sets the Otter record for HRs

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for this opportunity to talk baseball again. :D

I will have to think about it. But the #1 best moment has to be this one and I was so glad to be there in person waving my flag and cheering. 

It was the first game in NY following the tragic events that we now all refer to as "9/11".  The Mets were playing their arch rivals, the Braves. Mets are down a run in the bottom of the 8th. Piazza facing Braves reliever Steve Karsay:

The short version:

The longer version:

And more.

Love it.

11 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Does anyone think the FA market will move Spring Training just a couple weeks away ?

I don't know. I thought there would be a lot more action by now. I figured guys like Jake and Darvish would be signed by now by someone. It seems like Jake wants to stay with the Cubs but he may want a bit more than they are offering. The latest rumor regarding Darvish was the Yankees had offered him a 6 yr's/120 deal but they pulled it off the table - not sure why? Cubs are offering Jake 4 yr's/110. Jake would actually make much more per year than Darvish would, if both went with those deals.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know. I thought there would be a lot more action by now. I figured guys like Jake and Darvish would be signed by now by someone. It seems like Jake wants to stay with the Cubs but he may want a bit more than they are offering. The latest rumor regarding Darvish was the Yankees had offered him a 6 yr's/120 deal but they pulled it off the table - not sure why? Cubs are offering Jake 4 yr's/110. Jake would actually make much more per year than Darvish would, if both went with those deals.

I think Jake should take the offer

4 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think Jake should take the offer

Considering Jake's age I think that is a great deal for him but his agent is being a butt head lmao. I want Jake to stay but I am not sure I would give him more than 4 years. I think he probably still has 1 or 2 more dominant years and a couple of Good years possibly but not sure after that. I sure would love to have him for at least 3 more years though, 4 is fine if that is what it will take to keep him. Without him our Pitching Staff looks Mortal.

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Considering Jake's age I think that is a great deal for him but his agent is being a butt head lmao. I want Jake to stay but I am not sure I would give him more than 4 years. I think he probably still has 1 or 2 more dominant years and a couple of Good years possibly but not sure after that. I sure would love to have him for at least 3 more years though, 4 is fine if that is what it will take to keep him. Without him our Pitching Staff looks Mortal.

What more does the agent want? $110 million over 4 years should be enough. Jake should take it.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am not a fan of Boras. He is Matt Harvey's agent. In the middle of a pennant race (the year they played KC in the World Series), Boras was trying to dictate when Harvey could pitch and bow many innings he should pitch. 

You are welcome Sister , he has not helped the game and in my opinion doesn't care. He is all about the money 

• 2 weeks later...

Now that football is over :(, it is time again for baseball talk. Pitchers and catchers will be reporting soon for Spring Training. Mets pitchers and catchers report on Monday and the rest of the team arrive next weekend. I am looking forward to it.

The Mets have been the most active team in free agency. They have improved their infield defense, which I value. But I don't like these "all or nothing" players -- guys who hit for power but not for average and strike out a lot. We signed 3B Todd Frazier and OF Jay Bruce (he must like NYC after all). We signed Adrian Gonzalez -- does he have anything left? We also signed a reliever Anthony Zwarzak who I am not familiar with. 

Anyway, I am hoping for a better year for the Mets and another enjoyable time with you all on this Baseball Thread. :excited:

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Now that football is over :(, it is time again for baseball talk. Pitchers and catchers will be reporting soon for Spring Training. Mets pitchers and catchers report on Monday and the rest of the team arrive next weekend. I am looking forward to it.

The Mets have been the most active team in free agency. They have improved their infield defense, which I value. But I don't like these "all or nothing" players -- guys who hit for power but not for average and strike out a lot. We signed 3B Todd Frazier and OF Jay Bruce (he must like NYC after all). We signed Adrian Gonzalez -- does he have anything left? We also signed a reliever Anthony Zwarzak who I am not familiar with. 

Anyway, I am hoping for a better year for the Mets and another enjoyable time with you all on this Baseball Thread. :excited:

IHSAA Basketball first for me

32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If you can get me Matt Harvey's autograph that would be nice, I have heard it's a hot commodity :violin:. Yeah I cant wait for the season. The Pacers being surprisingly Good has kept me very interested in Basketball luckily. They are 31-25 through 56 games and just won at Boston last night. They are going to make the Playoffs if they still healthy. Having said that, I cant wait to see if the Cubs can make their 4th straight NLCS and get back to the WS/win it. Still no new news regarding Jake, it's been very quiet over the last month. Go Cubs!

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you can get me Matt Harvey's autograph that would be nice, I have heard it's a hot commodity :violin:. Yeah I cant wait for the season. The Pacers being surprisingly Good has kept me very interested in Basketball luckily. They are 31-25 through 56 games and just won at Boston last night. They are going to make the Playoffs if they still healthy. Having said that, I cant wait to see if the Cubs can make their 4th straight NLCS and get back to the WS/win it. Still no new news regarding Jake, it's been very quiet over the last month. Go Cubs!

I think the slow movement has to do with owners unwilling to pay stupid money avoiding the so called luxury penalty . Would add the Cubs made Jake a very good secure offer . IMO he should've taken it already.

9 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think the slow movement has to do with owners unwilling to pay stupid money avoiding the so called luxury penalty . Would add the Cubs made Jake a very good secure offer . IMO he should've taken it already.

Yep, Cubs offered Jake 4 years/110 Mill. I think a lot of the reason why Jake hasnt signed is because of his agent. I don't like Boras.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake will probably be a Yankee now, :Cry:

I feel like Jake was gone regardless.....his home was listed/sold shortly after season ended. Hate to see him go. :Cry:

Not sold on Yu.....hopefully a change in scenery does him good.

Just now, GOZER said:

I feel like Jake was gone regardless.....his home was listed/sold shortly after season ended. Hate to see him go. :Cry:

Not sold on Yu.....hopefully a change in scenery does him good.

IMO if JA wanted be a Cub he should’ve taken the deal the team offered

I really like the Yu signing

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't know if I like this, that is too many years IMO. He was royally Bad in the WS! He has to prove to me that he can bounce back from that WS before I get happy about this.

well the 6 years is good for aav. And as it was pointed out he was tipping his pitch in the ws. If he can fix that it should help him a lot. Remember how bad we were when it came to hitting him in the NLCS

37 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

well the 6 years is good for aav. And as it was pointed out he was tipping his pitch in the ws. If he can fix that it should help him a lot. Remember how bad we were when it came to hitting him in the NLCS

I don't know, we will see. Only time will tell how good he will be this season.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Worst Moments

Best Moments

Good thing you weren't alive in 1969....to me, winning in 2016 didn't make that go away

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, that is why I loved the 4 yr deal for 110 Mill to Jake. 4 years is perfect. Losing Jake irritates me, he is a proven Post Season winner. Yu on the other hand :dunno:

As I have said before I don't like Yu , especially with half of his games in Wrigley . I have never been a big fan and don't think he will fare well in the Central. IMO the Cubs just stepped back a notch.

Archived