Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5826

  • NFLfan

    2291

  • Jay Kirk

    2231

  • PrincetonTiger

    1838

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

They have been scoring enough to over come his blunders

You guys are a machine right now, these last 40+ games are going to be real interesting. Looks like Contreras is out 4 weeks - strained hammy. That may or may not hurt us but last night the Cubs looked really good without him. Lackey Pitched well. That was a nice at Arizona, Arizona has a Good ball club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Missed the game due to work, just went over highlights! Glad to see Avila stepping up in Contreras absence, great win!!!!

 

 

IMG_0126.JPG

Yeah he and KyleS came up big with HR's, Bryant got on base 5 times and played like an MVP as well. Lackey Pitched a solid game too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol Matheny at it again sticking with a pitcher when he shouldn't . Fire him now. 6-5 . Way to passive in handling a pitching staff.

 

Lol. You want your coach fired. I want my GM fired.

 

Last year, Sandy Alderson, Mets GM, gives up one of our top prospects (D. Herrera) for Jay Bruce.  When he trades Bruce away this week, he gets back only a Single A pitcher. :scratch: He could not get anything better?? I understand that Bruce will be a free agent but why not tender him a contract; if he signs with another team, we would get a draft pick?!!

 

Alderson does not value continuity. He never intended to re-sign Murphy.  He did not tender fan-favorite Jose Reyes or Justin Turner who now leads the NL in batting, I believe. Ok, I don't blame him too much for that one because Turner did not do much here but it still shows how he does not value players already on his team. Rather than keep his young players, he acquires players from other teams (Grandy, Bruce, Cespedes, Neil Walker, Cuddyer...). I don't like it. 

 

Anyway, the head coach might get fired but I think the GM should go. JMO

(Don't worry, PT, everything is okay. Just venting which keeps things "okay".)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys are a machine right now, these last 40+ games are going to be real interesting. Looks like Contreras is out 4 weeks - strained hammy. That may or may not hurt us but last night the Cubs looked really good without him. Lackey Pitched well. That was a nice at Arizona, Arizona has a Good ball club.

Actually watched some of it  , yes its going to be interesting I think its going to come down to the 2 teams we predicted from the start . They just wont have the win totals we thought.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. You want your coach fired. I want my GM fired.

 

Last year, Sandy Alderson, Mets GM, gives up one of our top prospects (D. Herrera) for Jay Bruce.  When he trades Bruce away this week, he gets back only a Single A pitcher. :scratch: He could not get anything better?? I understand that Bruce will be a free agent but why not tender him a contract; if he signs with another team, we would get a draft pick?!!

 

Alderson does not value continuity. He never intendes to re-sign Murphy.  He did not tender fan-favorite Jose Reyes or Justin Turner who now leads the NL in batting, I believe. Ok, I don't blame him too much for that one because Turner did not do much here but it still shows how he does not value players already on his team. Rather than keep his young players, he acquires players from other teams (Grandy, Bruce, Cespedes, Neil Walker, Cuddyer...). I don't like it. 

 

Anyway, the head coach might get fired but I think the GM should go. JMO

(Don't worry, PT, everything is okay. Just venting which keeps things "okay".)

Yes I think they should've made an effort to keep Bruce and they certainly need hitters more than pitching IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Actually watched some of it  , yes its going to be interesting I think its going to come down to the 2 teams we predicted from the start . They just wont have the win totals we thought.

Yeah if I remember right I had the Cubs pegged at 95 and Cards 92 wins. I will be off on that one, it may be more like in the high 80's for both. But yes we both said it would come down to the Cubs and Cards, that is looking like so.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I take we are tied in the Central

 

Yep, Cubs are 60-55, Cards 61-56. You may have the lead after Sunday, I don't see the Braves beating Wacha. The Cubs do have Jake Pitching but Arizona is going to be tough to beat. After Sunday the Cubs do play the Reds and Cards play the RedSox so that favors the Cubs on paper. Should be interesting.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, Cubs are 60-55, Cards 61-56. You may have the lead after Sunday, I don't see the Braves beating Wacha. The Cubs do have Jake Pitching but Arizona is going to be tough to beat. After Sunday the Cubs do play the Reds and Cards play the RedSox so that favors the Cubs on paper. Should be interesting.

Yes this will be fun to watch things play out , and in all honesty neither is completely out of the wildcard.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes this will be fun to watch things play out , and in all honesty neither is completely out of the wildcard.

I agree. If the Cubs can win the rubber match against Arizona, I think they would only be like 3.5 games behind Arizona which isn't much with 40 something games left. I hope Jake pitches a masterpiece but it's going to be a tough matchup going against that lineup. I don't think you have anything to worry about playing the Braves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. If the Cubs can win the rubber match against Arizona, I think they would only be like 3.5 games behind Arizona which isn't much with 40 something games left. I hope Jake pitches a masterpiece but it's going to be a tough matchup going against that lineup. I don't think you have anything to worry about playing the Braves.

Ive learned never take things for granted , yes with Wacha on the mound confident , but no pressure on the Braves just as the Reds playing you. When you have to face those kind of teams , I have seen it go south in a hurry and your left scratching your head lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Ive learned never take things for granted , yes with Wacha on the mound confident , but no pressure on the Braves just as the Reds playing you. When you have to face those kind of teams , I have seen it go south in a hurry and your left scratching your head lol.

Yeah Giants just took 2 out of 3 from Cubs so you never know??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mets traded Neil Walker to the Brewers yesterday for a player to be named later. :(

 

I don't mind trading older players but can we get some hitting prospects?! We got nothing for Walker, nothing for Duda and nothing for Bruce. We got 3 relief pitchers for our best reliever, Addison Reed. SMH.  I think all the players he got back are pitchers. We received 5 pitchers for the 4 Mets players that had the most value. Why???

 

I really hope Alderson is replaced. For me to say that, it has to be bad. I am not one to want people fired. I am very patient and loyal (yeah, I know, I am not loyal to Harvey, but he has not earned my loyalty haha). But Alderson has to go.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets traded Neil Walker to the Brewers yesterday for a player to be named later. :(

 

I don't mind trading older players but can we get some hitting prospects?! We got nothing for Walker, nothing for Duda and nothing for Bruce. We got 3 relief pitchers for our best reliever, Addison Reed. SMH.  I think all the players he got back are pitchers. We received 5 pitchers for the 4 Mets players that had the most value. Why???

 

I really hope Alderson is replaced. For me to say that, it has to be bad. I am not one to want people fired. I am very patient and loyal (yeah, I know, I am not loyal to Harvey, but he has not earned my loyalty haha). But Alderson has to go.

Matt Harvey has earned mine :violin:. Anyway Cards actually lost to the Braves and I am now watching the Cubs/D-Backs. Cubs up 2-1 in the 8th, can the BullPen hold the lead? If so Cubs go back up by 1 game over Cards.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is huge, Big Jake with a win and Cubs roll.

Nice to see one of my teams do good today, that Colts performance had me :yuk:I know, I know preseason, but yikes!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into August 14th, the NL Central standings look like this,

1. Cubs 61-55

2. Cards 61-57 (1)

3. Brewers 61-59 (2)

4. Pirates 58-60 (4)

5. Reds 49-69 (13)

-Brewers just won 2 in a row so they aren't going anywhere, Cubs came up big out West by taking 2 of 3 in Arizona to maintain the Division lead. Jake Arrietta Pitched a Great game in the rubber match and the leagues reigning NL MVP homered in a 7-2 win over the D-Backs. Cards dropped one to the Braves but had won 8 straight games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad Bryce Harper will be ok. His injury looked nasty, he will still be out at least a month. Guy must be bionic.

All of DC collectively breaths a sigh of relief. Hopefully he's all rested up and ready to go for the playoffs. But yeah that looked nasty. Glad he's good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

All of DC collectively breaths a sigh of relief. Hopefully he's all rested up and ready to go for the playoffs. But yeah that looked nasty. Glad he's good. 

I am out of LIKES but when that first happened, I was like man he is done. He and Kris Bryant are best friends and I want to see them battle in the Playoffs. I am glad he will be ok, that looked gruesome at first look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out of LIKES but when that first happened, I was like man he is done. He and Kris Bryant are best friends and I want to see them battle in the Playoffs. I am glad he will be ok, that looked gruesome at first look.

Thing is, Nats fans really want the Cards in the playoffs, to get some revenge for 2012. But to be honest, St Louis, Chicago, I'm down with both as long as both teams are healthy and we get a good competitive series (that the Nats win haha)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Thing is, Nats fans really want the Cards in the playoffs, to get some revenge for 2012. But to be honest, St Louis, Chicago, I'm down with both as long as both teams are healthy and we get a good competitive series (that the Nats win haha)

You guys only want the Cards because you guys know Bryant is better than Harper and you will lose against us  :sarcasm:. I am just kidding I have no idea what will happen if the Nats play the Cubs. Cubs aren't as great as last season. I will be happy if we can hold off the Cards that would be a Good season at worse winning the Division. These Playoffs are a crapshoot, even the Dodgers could lose. Dodgers haven't made a World Series in 30 years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • My 'notables' here: -Ja'Marr Chase and Kyle Pitts in the top 3 after Trevor Lawrence. Not that I disagree... just notable.  -Zach Wilson over Justin Fields. I think I agree... although it's close.  -Trey Lance over Justin Fields... I'm not sure I agree with this one. But interesting nonetheless.  -Rashawn Slater over Penei Sewell... hard disagree... but I like Slater too, so... I just love Sewell  -Caleb Farley over Patrick Surtain... I think I agree... have to do a lot more study on the CBs though.  -Gregory Rousseau EDGE1 over Kwity Paye -Trevon Moehrig S1 -Jaelan Phillips in top 20... interesting to see how the league sees him. From what I've heard he has some off-field stuff that might impact his draft stock.  -Kadarius Toney top 20... yes! I love Kadarius too.  -Levi Onwuzurike at 23... haven't seen him yet... but I think this is the highest I've seen him on draft boards. Interesting.  -Tutu Atwell no.31 -Joe Tryon no 32... not sure I agree with this one...  -Christian Barmore at 37!! Wow. He's low on him... I've seen people mock him in top 10.  -Eric Stokes makes top 50... Campbell does not.    Very interesting read. Will have to go over some of the prospects ... 
    • I look forward to seeing the changes on this list. He has almost ever tackle as an NFL right tackle so we will see how he changes on that. 
    • It has more to do with our scheme than with our players' specific strengths IMO. This scheme relies heavily on the LBs and safeties ability to rally to the ball when the pass is completed and not so much on sticking with the receiver and disrupting his ability to catch(this is part of the frustration with the scheme for me... we allow short passes to be completed on a whim and then rely on the secondary line of defense to get there and limit the damage). The length for our LBs serves multiple purposes not just in pass-defense - it is also useful keeping clean from blocks with long arm when in pursuit of a RB or a pass-catcher.   BTW 7 passes defended is not a little for a LB. For example - Bobby Wagner has 8, Fred Warner has 6... Demario Davis has 5... Lavonte David has 6... It's very much in line with all the best LBs in the league. 
    • That contract for Xavier Rhodes is a 1 year deal for 3 million? I mean that is funny. I think he might be looking for a lot more than that. Plus I would not be shocked if he gets at least a two year deal. 
  • Members

    • The Old Crow

      The Old Crow 731

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 1959Colts

      1959Colts 1,144

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 7,579

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 1,756

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Bluesmith

      Bluesmith 69

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Starlord

      Starlord 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Swan Ronson

      Swan Ronson 46

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • indykmj

      indykmj 77

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DaColts85

      DaColts85 325

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • legend300

      legend300 63

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...