Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! The great Kelly Crull interviewing Kyle. Cubs take the series 3-1.

Told you they would!!!  Other than that one letdown they have been playing good ball since the break... pretty impressive.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs/Brewers later tonight. Cubs have a chance to extend their 1st place lead to 2.5 with a win. Cubs currently 54-47, Brewers 54-50. I like the fact the Cubs are 3 ahead in the loss column.

Man I have been working my butt off this week so it has been hard to keep up.  I only learned today about Kyle hitting two homers the last game.  For some reason I thought the Brewers game was tomorrow.... damn man.

Don't know about you but I am ready for the Cubbies to open it up and start to run away with the division.

Hope I can stay up to watch the game.  I usually just sit at my desk all day doing paperwork and estimates, but this week I have been onsite physically doing the work... too much going on so I have to take up the slack my crew can't get done and it caught up with me.  Oh well, as a very successful business man told me once... gotta make hay when the sun shines and it has been shining a lot this week... not gonna complain.

I will look for your updates if I can't stay up.  Did manage to get a six pack down from 4 till now thought, lol.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Man I have been working my butt off this week so it has been hard to keep up.  I only learned today about Kyle hitting two homers the last game.  For some reason I thought the Brewers game was tomorrow.... damn man.

Don't know about you but I am ready for the Cubbies to open it up and start to run away with the division.

Hope I can stay up to watch the game.  I usually just sit at my desk all day doing paperwork and estimates, but this week I have been onsite physically doing the work... too much going on so I have to take up the slack my crew can't get done and it caught up with me.  Oh well, as a very successful business man told me once... gotta make hay when the sun shines and it has been shining a lot this week... not gonna complain.

I will look for your updates if I can't stay up.  Did manage to get a six pack down from 4 till now thought, lol.

I have to go in early in the morning myself but I will keep an eye on it and watch the first few innings at least + comment on it. I hope we blow it open early. I have a long day tomorrow ahead of me.

10 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I can't find the Flippin game on TV here on the channel that says regional coverage it's showing the cards game WTH?

Hey GOZER..... its on here in Ohio... do you have FaceTime, LOL

Hayward just robbed a HR... 1-0 Brewers bottom of 3rd

Go Cubs

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to go in early in the morning myself but I will keep an eye on it and watch the first few innings at least + comment on it. I hope we blow it open early. I have a long day tomorrow ahead of me.

Sorry to hear that bro... I have to work tomorrow too for a bit... still kicking so far tonight.  Wife is bringing pizza home in a few minutes, I am sure that will send me to the saw mill

Cards win 1-0 over D-Backs they are not going away , another impressive performance by Wacha , and even more important Some one must of figured out a mechanics flaw in Rosenthalls delivery , 2 shutout innings n o hits . The difference I seen was control of everything His fastball was placed at 99 mhp , change up devastating and his slder had bite. Even more important I seen confidence in his eyes and all over his face. If what I seen is real this is a race and no cakewalk for the Cubs as some may think.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Molina is a bit too sensitive there, Jay. But you would know their history better than I would. It does not seem that Matheny said anything to get all worked up about. 

Oh I think Molina was upset because he wasn't playing , in the homestretch , they also worked out the disagreement.

19 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think some think the Cards have thrown in the towel . however I don't see any signs of that.

Why do you think that? The Cards are always going to try to win. Baseball fans know that. 

8 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

MLB and B/R is reporting the have been shopping Lynn, Pham and Grichuk

Grichuck I have heard Lynn would make sense if they don't want to resign him. Pham I don't see unless its for a really good outfielder. I have heard Stanton interest other than that not much

Cubs need to win today to get more separation from them and the Brewers. Last night was pretty scary but Heyward saved the day of all people. Bryant came up big as well.

Standings in the NL Central as of today/July 30th are:

1. Cubs 55-48

2. Brewers 55-51 (1.5)

3. Cards 51-53 (4.5)

4. Pirates 50-54 (5.5)

5. Reds 41-63 (14.5)

-last night felt like a Playoff atmosphere type of game.

World Champs win! Cubs now 56-48 on the season and take a 2.5 game lead over the Brew Crew, currently also 5 ahead of the Cards. I think last night's game was the back breaker for the Brew Crew. There are certain games in a season where you can kind of point too and last night winning that game in extra Innings was huge for the Cubs. Took 2 out of 3 in Milwaukee! Going into the last day of July the Cubs have a 2.5 game lead in the NL Central, I will take that all day. This has been a fun 3 year stretch to be a Cubs fan. NLCS appearance in 2015, WS Champion in 2016 + winning 103 games, and now 2.5 game Division lead in 2017 going into the last day of July. As a long suffering Cubs fan since 1984 I am enjoying this 3 year run.

Archived