Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

10 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

they have 7 players with over 10 HRs

I've wondered if they may be swinging for the fences too much.  

It is nice having some power potential.  Although none of them have over 14.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contreras might have just become my favorite on this team now...he is a beast catcher/hitter, but also seems to be a great guy as well....did you see him giving that kid with what looks like Down Syndrome his jersey before the game and hugging him???? Man that was special!!! I love that him, Rizzo, and several others on this team love to be so charitable, just awesome!!!!

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Contreras might have just become my favorite on this team now...he is a beast catcher/hitter, but also seems to be a great guy as well....did you see him giving that kid with what looks like Down Syndrome his jersey before the game and hugging him???? Man that was special!!! I love that him, Rizzo, and several others on this team love to be so charitable, just awesome!!!!

Yeah I seen that, it almost brought a tear to my eye. We have some solid young players that are great guys. Lackey just gave up 2 runs to the Pitcher LOL. Never a dull moment on the field! 3-2 Cubs going to the Bottom of the 2nd.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I've wondered if they may be swinging for the fences too much.  

It is nice having some power potential.  Although none of them have over 14.

No Myles I don't think they are at all the object is to place the meat of the bat on the ball and they have done it., and in my opinion some have learned what pitchers are doing to them , and  they are ready for it. If you look at it they have a few or half of those players that can do it to the opposite field. Some of the younger ones have become tuff outs because they have learned to spoil pitches in stead of trying to pull everything . Then when pitcher makes a mistake they drive it . Coltsbestever paid them a compliment the other day , when he said he feared the batting order , I know he sees the same thing and with the ability to drive it out to opposite field they are very dangerous. This team is lacking bullpen strength the only thing holding them back other than Matheny. They are probably 2 pitchers short in the pen of being a team to be reckoned with if they would make playoffs.To me we have good hitting coaches . I have seen St Louis writers that are fed up with Matheny I think hes on the way out regardless because I think management is as well.Also must say Dejong has hit more or as many , [in the time hes been on team] as anyone in baseball while keeping a very good batting average , the kids the real deal and I love his D at Short.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

No Myles I don't think they are at all the object is to place the meat of the bat on the ball and they have done it., and in my opinion some have learned what pitchers are doing to them , and  they are ready for it. If you look at it they have a few or half of those players that can do it to the opposite field. Some of the younger ones have become tuff outs because they have learned to spoil pitches in stead of trying to pull everything . Then when pitcher makes a mistake they drive it . Coltsbestever paid them a compliment the other day , when he said he feared the batting order , I know he sees the same thing and with the ability to drive it out to opposite field they are very dangerous. This team is lacking bullpen strength the only thing holding them back other than Matheny. They are probably 2 pitchers short in the pen of being a team to be reckoned with if they would make playoffs.To me we have good hitting coaches . I have seen St Louis writers that are fed up with Matheny I think hes on the way out regardless because I think management is as well.

Yeah the Cards IMO have a solid Batting order. I agree the Cards are similar to the Cubs, it's the BullPen that usually screws it up when losses occur.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Cards IMO have a solid Batting order. I agree the Cards are similar to the Cubs, it's the BullPen that usually screws it up when losses occur.

I agree Brother they are very similar in team and weaknesses , the reason Cubs have won more is Your manager doesn't make the mistakes Matheny does I do believe one of these two teams will win division .IMO it will be whoever shores up the Pen and they will be very dangerous in the playoffs. I do believe Matheny will be gone or demoted regardless of outcome. 

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I agree Brother they are very similar in team and weaknesses , the reason Cubs have won more is Your manager doesn't make the mistakes Matheny does I do believe one of these two teams will win division .IMO it will be whoever shores up the Pen and they will be very dangerous in the playoffs. I do believe Matheny will be gone or demoted regardless of outcome. 

Yeah, I love Maddon, some think he gambles too much with his Pitching moves but I trust him. Regarding Matheny you know him better than I do, is he too conservative in your opinion?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I love Maddon, some think he gambles too much with his Pitching moves but I trust him. Regarding Matheny you know him better than I do, is he too conservative in your opinion?

He plays with lineup to much when they have been scoring lots of runs , and its ruined the run production in games he has. His handling of pitching staff sucks. He stays with pitchers to long , like Wacha in the game the other night , he was coming off 120 pitch outing , as I watched he looked tired and control started going off . Waited to long to pull him in my opinion he should've never started the inning. I have seen him just let games get away over the season and I believe he has cost them in double digits games he blew.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

He plays with lineup to much when they have been scoring lots of runs , and its ruined the run production in games he has. His handling of pitching staff sucks. He stays with pitchers to long , like Wacha in the game the other night , he was coming off 120 pitch outing , as I watched he looked tired and control started going off . Waited to long to pull him in my opinion he should've never started the inning. I have seen him just let games get away over the season and I believe he has cost them in double digits games he blew.

Do you think he should be fired?

This ump is straight garbage.....REALLY? He threw Bryant out for that??? WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

And Lackey hits his third batter, in the same inning, oh boy. The Sox announcer, Hawk, saying that Lackey should be assaulted is an absolute *, it's not like he's doing it on purpose you &$@%^*#{!!!!!

And now the Sox PURPOSELY hit Happ, on the first pitch of their half of inning. Classless nonsense, but the ump just gives warnings to both teams? Wow! One guy argues call, gets ejected, another purposely hits another, warning. Makes sense.

6 minutes ago, GOZER said:

This ump is straight garbage.....REALLY? He threw Bryant out for that??? WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

And Lackey hits his third batter, in the same inning, oh boy. The Sox announcer, Hawk, saying that Lackey should be assaulted is an absolute *, it's not like he's doing it on purpose you &$@%^*#{!!!!!

:spit: Lackey is a hard nosed player don't under estimate him lol . However not 3 in an inning

9 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

They don't like each other. And that's the way it should be

Sure. But a team starts beaning players on purpose, it's uncalled for, and asking for a whole load of trouble.

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Sure. But a team starts beaning players on purpose, it's uncalled for, and asking for a whole load of trouble.

Never throw at the upper part of body, your out to send a message not kill someone

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

No Myles I don't think they are at all the object is to place the meat of the bat on the ball and they have done it., and in my opinion some have learned what pitchers are doing to them , and  they are ready for it. If you look at it they have a few or half of those players that can do it to the opposite field. Some of the younger ones have become tuff outs because they have learned to spoil pitches in stead of trying to pull everything . Then when pitcher makes a mistake they drive it . Coltsbestever paid them a compliment the other day , when he said he feared the batting order , I know he sees the same thing and with the ability to drive it out to opposite field they are very dangerous. This team is lacking bullpen strength the only thing holding them back other than Matheny. They are probably 2 pitchers short in the pen of being a team to be reckoned with if they would make playoffs.To me we have good hitting coaches . I have seen St Louis writers that are fed up with Matheny I think hes on the way out regardless because I think management is as well.Also must say Dejong has hit more or as many , [in the time hes been on team] as anyone in baseball while keeping a very good batting average , the kids the real deal and I love his D at Short.

I agree on Dejong.   Took a player like that to make us forget about Diaz.  

8 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Im with you bro that ump is crap... I don't recall in a long long time being this ticked about a baseball game.... So i did what I do and opened a beer... lol

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I agree on Dejong.   Took a player like that to make us forget about Diaz.  

I have not forgot Diaz , I believe he still really holds a lot of value and may be traded , either now or in winter . Hes still very young

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Im with you bro that ump is crap... I don't recall in a long long time being this ticked about a baseball game.... So i did what I do and opened a beer... lol

And lol I'm kidding , it can get your BP up for sure , your like me during a Colts game.

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

And lol I'm kidding , it can get your BP up for sure , your like me during a Colts game.

My wife came back to my office and said whats all the cussing about..... I was dropping f-bombs frequently and yes my BP is/ was a little elevated.  No reason to throw Bryant out btw... that pitch was clearly inside and he hasn't called that a strike to that point.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

My wife came back to my office and said whats all the cussing about..... I was dropping f-bombs frequently and yes my BP is/ was a little elevated.  No reason to throw Bryant out btw... that pitch was clearly inside and he hasn't called that a strike to that point.

Nothing worse than inconsistent strike zone to jack a game up.

11 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Those are worse for me (Colts games)... especially since the coming of Pagano (throw Caldwell int there too).... not to start anything, lol

20 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Never throw at the upper part of body, your out to send a message not kill someone

21 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

True but that's baseball. That's how a pitcher protects his teammates

Uncalled for IMO, especially when Lackeys hits were obviously unintentional. If they were on purpose, handle it that moment, rush the mound, or whatever you have to do, but don't have your pitcher start beaning players that had nothing to do with it, seems like something a coward would do IMO. Trust me I don't mind a good bench clearing brawl, if it's warranted.

Archived