Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah without better Pitching there will be no Repeat, our BullPen cant hold leads. We got lucky to win on Monday. BullPen gave up 4 runs hat night. Last season when we had Chapman this nonsense didn't happen.

Yes it did the Cubs almost Lost the WS because of AC

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes it did the Cubs almost Lost the WS because of AC

Chapman saved us in Game 5 in the WS by Pitching 3 flawless Innings and on saves was 90% in every game. Yeah he gave up a 2 run HR that tied Game 7 in the 8th Inning, then he Pitched the 9th and got us the win. Your hate for Chapman is ridiculous and if you think we are better without him you are way wrong. Sorry to say that but you are.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chapman saved us in Game 5 in the WS by Pitching 3 flawless Innings and on saves was 90% in every game. Yeah he gave up a 2 run HR that tied Game 7 in the 8th Inning, then he Pitched the 9th and got us the win. Your hate for Chapman is ridiculous and if you think we are better without him you are way wrong. Sorry to say that but you are.

Who said I hate AC

I just root for the current roster 

24 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who said I hate AC

My feelings come from my time as a coach and even before that my Athletic career and having a Father who was a coach

I never bad mouth a current set of players or try to compare them to stars of the past

25 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who said I hate AC

You do seem to dislike Chapman. He did get some much needed saves last year.

Lol. You root for the current roster yet root for Don Mattingly who isn't on the Cubs.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You do seem to dislike Chapman. He did get some much needed saves last year.

Lol. You root for the current roster yet root for Don Mattingly who isn't on the Cubs.

That was 2016 this is 2017 

Remember my Dad played football with Donnie's big brother at Evansville

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unbelievable comeback, that is what Champs do though. I am not sure but has Washington lost a game all season when up by 2 or more runs at home in the 9th Inning?

They have blown several saves. Not sure if at home or by how many runs but their bullpen is their weak link. No lead is safe. 

I am pumped up now, that win was huge! It's only June still but this shows me we are still capable of beating a Very Good/maybe Great team on the road no matter the circumstance. We just beat them without Bryant as well. I will take 2-2 all day against the team they have. Washington is loaded on Offense and Pitching.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am pumped up now, that win was huge! It's only June still but this shows me we are still capable of beating a Very Good/maybe Great team on the road no matter the circumstance. We just beat them without Bryant as well. I will take 2-2 all day against the team they have. Washington is loaded on Offense and Pitching.

Loved it that it happened with backups and/or guys playing "new" positions 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ernie Banks, Ryne Sandberg, Andre Dawson, Rick Sutcliffe

Mark Grace, Shawon Dunston, 

I can never remember who played 3rd base when Grace, Sandberg, Dunston were in the infield. They had the twins in CF, Dawson in right and can't remember the left fielder. Joe Girard was the catcher, I believe.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Mark Grace, Shawon Dunston, 

I can never remember who played 3rd base when Grace, Sandberg, Dunston were in the infield. They had the twins in CF, the Dawson in right and can't remember the left fielder. Joe Girard was the catcher, I believe.

3rd Base kinda rotated for awhile it was Vance Law

Archived