Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

July will be a telling a month for me regarding a lot of teams. July is always an important month anyway because that is basically the beginning of the last half of the season. That is really when Baseball starts getting fun to follow. As of now as we are getting close to July, it looks the Dodgers and Astros are so much better than everyone else. They look like the Cubs/Indians from last season. Can you guys believe the Giants are 27-50?? I know MadBum has been out but they stink! Their fans have to be very disappointed at the lost season. Imagine how the Indians feel right now as well, they will probably win their Division but after losing in 7 games with HFA in the WS, it's WS or bust with them. Looking at it right now, I don't think they stand a chance against the Astros. Being a Cubs fan and the way we are playing right now, I think the Dodgers would beat us in a series and probably soundly like 4-1 or so unless something changes over the next month or 2.

Anyone in the Central is in striking distance and the way its looked it may continue

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs just beat the mighty Nationals but damn near blew it. No lead is safe with playing against them. Man Wade Davis is no Chapman I will say that and Rondon always has me on edge. Our BullPen makes me a nervous wreck. Up 5-0 and only win 5-4. On a positive note a win is a win and I will take it. That is a huge win, winning at Washington. Cubs now only 1 game out of 1st place in the NL Central. Brewers were off tonight and are 41-37, Cubs are at 39-37.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs just beat the mighty Nationals but damn near blew it. No lead is safe with playing against them. Man Wade Davis is no Chapman I will say that and Rondon always has me on edge. Our BullPen makes me a nervous wreck. Up 5-0 and only win 5-4. On a positive note a win is a win and I will take it. That is a huge win, winning at Washington. Cubs now only 1 game out of 1st place in the NL Central. Brewers were off tonight and are 41-37, Cubs are at 39-37.

Just breathe 

Remember Everything Will Be Okay

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards play 3 against the D Backs starting tonight. I find this to be a important series heading towards the All Star break.

Yeah same here playing at Washington. This is a great measuring stick playing them 4 times at their place. I was hoping we would go 2-2, so far we got the 1st one so we will see what happens in the next 3.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah same here playing at Washington. This is a great measuring stick playing them 4 times at their place. I was hoping we would go 2-2, so far we got the 1st one so we will see what happens in the next 3.

We play them also lol

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs losing big tonight but I expected it after winning last night. I had a bad feeling Jake wouldn't have it tonight. Washington has a Very Good team. At least the Brewers are getting smoked by Cincy. We wont lose any ground if Cincy holds on.

Cards up 1 - 0 3rd on D Backs

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Mets lost 6-3 to the Marlins. :(

Well never fear my Cards manage to give another game away , we had in hand . Its time for Matheny to be on his way. I'm so irritated this is not Cardinal baseball

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well never fear my Cards manage to give another game away , we had in hand . Its time for Matheny to be on his way. I'm so irritated this is not Cardinal baseball

Sorry about that. No one is running away with anything in the Central. If the Cards win the division, it may be difficult to fire the manager. But I hear you.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure what he was thinking

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That was expected.

On the radio this morning, I heard what he said. He is foolish to say that publicly. :facepalm:

Your days(or hours in this case) are definitely numbered when the face of the team is bashing you on national media.....

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cubs/anthony-rizzo-fires-back-miguel-montero-youre-selfish-player-jake-arrieta-willson-contreras-nationals

3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Your days(or hours in this case) are definitely numbered when the face of the team is bashing you on national media.....

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cubs/anthony-rizzo-fires-back-miguel-montero-youre-selfish-player-jake-arrieta-willson-contreras-nationals

Everything Rizzo said there is spot on. I like him. He reminds me a lot of David Wright when he ripped into Matt Harvey two seasons ago. I can see why the Mets broadcasters are so fond of Rizzo. (They can't stop talking about Rizzo.) 

3 hours ago, GOZER said:

Chose the high road out though, good for him. I always liked him, and he made a somewhat good point, although he was to blame as well, just wish he could've resolved his differences offline. He was not going to be resigned anyway.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cubs/miguel-montero-sends-classy-goodbye-cubs-players-and-fans

Ok he might have taken a detour, lol!

I don't disagree with what he's saying, just the approach, although Arietta had nothing to do with that throw to third that sailed about 10 foot to the right and allowed a run to score, everyone makes mistakes. The World Series pressure is real.....people don't realize that due to people leaving and injuries, this team only had 3 players starting last night that were starters during the World Series, different team right now.

Kris Bryant update: Great news, just a Mild to Moderate sprain ankle. Cubs probably will rest him a few games but it's not a fracture or anything bad. Cubs are now at .500 (39-39), just an inconsistent team as of now. Luckily the Reds are doing us a solid, they beat the Brewers again so the Brewers are still only 1 game up in the Division at 41-39.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kris Bryant update: Great news, just a Mild to Moderate spring ankle. Cubs probably will rest him a few games but it's not a fracture or anything bad. Cubs are now at .500 (39-39), just an inconsistent team as of now.

Thanks

Is a Spring Ankle similar to a Sprained Ankle

:spit:

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Thanks

Is a Spring Ankle similar to a Sprained Ankle

:spit:

I corrected my Post actually within a few seconds, that is what working 12 hours does. It fries your mind. I have had an absolute week of hell at work. I am finally off for a couple of days now. I have nearly 60 hours in since Saturday.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I corrected my Post actually within a few seconds, that is what working 12 hours does. It fries your mind. I have had an absolute week of hell at work. I am finally off for a couple of days now. I have nearly 60 hours in since Saturday.

No problems 

You have read some of my posts

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been on here the last few days but briefly. Just now getting caught up on a lot. I have Posted on a few threads but not much since Saturday.

Understand completely about 12's especially when its hot , it drains you and burnt out comes quickly. 

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Understand completely about 12's especially when its hot , it drains you and burnt out comes quickly. 

Yeah it's been something else this week, the weekend was rough, audits, etc.. I have had some time to chime in here with a Post or 2 but not much. I am off tomorrow and Friday so I can get my bearings back.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it's been something else this week, the weekend was rough, audits, etc.. I have had some time to chime in here with a Post or 2 but not much. I am off tomorrow and Friday so I can get my bearings back.

Glad you will have some time off the next two days. Rest and enjoy it. I was off today. Tomorrow will be busy, as my boss is on vacation and I have to run the program. 

The Mets won 8-0 over the Marlins. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Glad you will have some time off the next two days. Rest and enjoy it. I was off today. Tomorrow will be busy, as my boss is on vacation and I have to run the program. 

The Mets won 8-0 over the Marlins. 

Yeah it will be much needed, I am pretty out of it right now but grabbed me a beer anyway and ready to type away before I fall asleep lmao. I am hoping Cubs can win tomorrow, going into the Nats series I was hoping for 2-2. Still have a shot.

Archived