Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was doing some research and this is the best 4 season stretch that the Cubs have ever had since the merger in 1947 when African Americans were allowed to play in the MLB. Take a look:

2015 = 97-65 (Made the NLCS as a Wildcard)

2016 = 103-58 (Won the WS as #1 Seeded Division Champs)

2017 = 92-70 (Made the NLCS as #3 Seeded Division Champs)

2018 = 49-35 so far this season (Currently a Wildcard team) 

Totals: 341-228 59.9% winnings - 4 seasons in a row, win 60% of your games!

3 NLCS Appearances

2 Division Championships

1 WS Appearance

1 WS Championship

-It will never get better than this for us Cubs fans so lets not take it for granted. It would be so sweet if we can win at least 1 more WS with our same core group. If it doesn't happen at least we did get 1 during this run. I am just going to kick back and see how 2018 ends up :thmup:.

-Here's how clueless some of the Posters are over at ESPN. William Bryant Posted "Let's see what cubs can do against a good ." That was the exact quote but I am sure he meant good team. I would say like go 8-3 vs the Brewers so far :funny:. They have the worst Posters in the world over there. Now days there are only like 10 Posts too on the Game Thread's and if the Cubs lose the same 3 Trolls always pop up. ESPN has went so down hill on their Convo Board that it's a joke. Glad this is here, Thanks Jay.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was doing some research and this is the best 4 season stretch that the Cubs have ever had since the merger in 1947 when African Americans were allowed to play in the MLB. Take a look:

Just want to point out there wasnt a merger. And technically AA could always play there was no rule just no one would let them do it. 

24 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Just want to point out there wasnt a merger. And technically AA could always play there was no rule just no one would let them do it. 

Maybe merger isn't the technical term to use but what is fact is no African Americans played in the MLB until the 1947 Season, so any records or WS wins before that have to have an * by it IMO. 

28 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I'm off of here till the 11th will be in Boston. Will attend game at Fenway on Monday vs Rangers

Have fun, Fenway is a nice park.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

First black player ever to play in the MLB was Jackie Robinson on April 15th, 1947. The 2nd was Larry Doby on July 5th, 1947. 

No one remembers Larry Doby but he started playing in the majors less than 3 months after Jackie Robinson did. 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe merger isn't the technical term to use

I think Integration is the word you were thinking about.

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Contreras and Baez, among a few other  players, getting a lot of mention/support for All Star team, hope they get in there!!! Man that last Baez steal was magical!!! El Mago rules!!!!

El Mago?  Does that mean thief? 

Rizzo has my vote for the All Star game. haha   

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

El Mago?  Does that mean thief? 

Rizzo has my vote for the All Star game. haha   

It means “The Magician.” It can also mean wizard, sorcerer, etc. He definitely makes the impossible happen sometimes, he could be called a thief as well since he lives to steal bases, especially home, lol!

Rizzos always got my vote, the dude is a class act, and heck of a player! 

Winning streak is over, Cubs lose 3-2. Almost came back, Reds have our number I guess - funniest thing ever. Reds in the end may win the WS LOL. Against us they play like the 98 Yankees, against everyone else they are MEH. It's all good. We are 8-3 vs the Brewers but 3-7 vs the Reds, Baseball sometimes makes little sense.

35 minutes ago, HOZER said:

CUBS WIN!!!!!!  A little 8th inning magic baby!!!!

466EDC8E-71E1-4A45-BFC7-BBD94AAA3A6F.jpeg

The comeback kids do it again! It looked bad early on down 7-2 but we pull it out 8-7! We owed the Reds that one as they have been getting every break imaginable against us over the last 2 series. Lester Pitches tomorrow so hopefully we can take the series 2-1.

Archived