Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

My sister must have had a good time at Wrigley. I asked her via text message if the Cubs won. Her reply:

"Yes! They won! Amazing game."

She is not a baseball fan but she goes to many games with her colleagues. She attended Jeter's last game. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

My sister must have had a good time at Wrigley. I asked her via text message if the Cubs won. Her reply:

"Yes! They won! Amazing game."

She is not a baseball fan but she goes to many games with her colleagues. She attended Jeter's last game. 

It was a great game for Cubs fans so hence she could be one

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I asked her just that. She replied:

"Lol . No but I enjoyed the game and the stadium is really nice"

She likes them, who doesn't get attached to a World Champion :sarcasm:. Great game today, Cubs dominated. So far the Dodgers did nothing to show me they can take the Title away. We didn't have to face Kershaw but Jake didn't pitch either. How about those Reds!

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She likes them, who doesn't get attached to a World Champion :sarcasm:. Great game today, Cubs dominated. So far the Dodgers did nothing to show me they can take the Title away. We didn't have to face Kershaw but Jake didn't pitch either. How about those Reds!

Do you play the Reds next? When do the Cubs play the Mets?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. Maddux struggled early but became one of the best of all-time. Brock was a base stealing machine.

Also a lifetime 315 batting average and very good defensive player. Maddux was lights out.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pirates up 1-0, the bats have been asleep again for the Cubs today but a long way to go in this one.

Tried to tune in MLB network has it blacked out. Why is beyond me I can watch Cubs on CSNCH .

10 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Tried to tune in MLB network has it blacked out. Why is beyond me I can watch Cubs on CSNCH .

It's 1-1 now, I was just outside talking to my parents neighbor because I am still over there. He is taking his daughter to the Pacers/Cavs Game 3. She loves sports, she is only 10 years old and knows the rosters to every team in the NBA LOL.

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The same reason my uncle was black outed of several games last year with Extra Innings

I get every game locally, it's on channel 10 today lmao. If it isn't on 1741 or 1742, it's on the MLB Channel 1634 = U-Verse or channel 10 locally. WNDY, Jay Kirk you should be able to get WNDY - channel 10, it's on there brother.

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We lost 4-2. Had bases loaded and Zobrist grounded out in the 9th. We keep losing the 1st game of every series.

Sorry about that. Zobrist would have had a walk-off hit last year. He was that clutch. 

It is a marathon, not a sprint. Still too early to panic or get too excited.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry about that. Zobrist would have had a walk-off hit last year. He was that clutch. 

It is a marathon, not a sprint. Still too early to panic or get too excited.

I agree 100%. As long at the Cubs can play .500 ball in April and May I will be fine. I think they will be better than that but for the 1st 2 months .500 is acceptable.

Check out this wonderful story. Rod Carew, a baseball legend, received a heart transplant and another organ from a former professional football player, Konrad Reuland who played TE for the Ravens and the Jets. Reuland recently died of an aneurysm; he was not even 30 yet. 

There is a video in the second link showing Carew and his family meeting Reuland's family.  It was great to read and see.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/rod-carews-heart-transplant-came-from-late-ravens-player-konrad-reuland/ar-BBzQOXw?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

http://stories.baltimoreravens.com/heart-of-a-raven

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.

Twenty years ago, I went to Jackie Robinson Day at Shea Stadium. His wife was there, as was the baseball commissioner and some other important people. They revealed then that #42 would be retired and could only be worn by those wearing the number at that time (like Mariano Rivera). That was the first and I believe  the only baseball game that I attended alone. It was in the middle of the week and I went after work. I met some nice people who were surprised that "a young woman like you" would take time to attend this game. haha  

I was pleased that I got to see something that special. I met and spoke with older people who were alive at that time and they shared their stories. That is one of the great things about doing things alone -- you get to meet and talk with those you otherwise would not.

Enjoy baseball today. Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. :)

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.

Twenty years ago, I went to Jackie Robinson Day at Shea Stadium. His wife was there, as was the baseball commissioner and some other important people. They revealed then that #42 would be retired and could only be worn by those wearing the number at that time (like Mariano Rivera). That was the first and I believe  the only baseball game that I attended alone. It was in the middle of the week and I went after work. I met some nice people who were surprised that "a young woman like you" would take time to attend this game. haha  

I was pleased that I got to see something that special. I met and spoke with older people who were alive at that time and they shared their stories. That is one of the great things about doing things alone -- you get to meet and talk with those you otherwise would not.

Enjoy baseball today. Happy Easter to those who celebrate it. :)

Beautiful story NFLfan. It's hearing about things we experience such as this that gives us joy in knowing we are alive.

I read the links & watched the videos you posted in the previous post. Simply breathtaking. I was not even aware of Rod Carew's condition before.

I hope you & your family & all the members here have a wonderful Easter. I'm hoping to watch my Yankees take game #2 from the Cards today.

21 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Beautiful story NFLfan. It's hearing about things we experience such as this that gives us joy in knowing we are alive.

I read the links & watched the videos you posted in the previous post. Simply breathtaking. I was not even aware of Rod Carew's condition before.

I hope you & your family & all the members here have a wonderful Easter. I'm hoping to watch my Yankees take game #2 from the Cards today.

Thank you! The same to you and your family.

Have the Yankees won 5 in a row? I believe I heard that on WFAN earlier. What about Tanaka! He got the win. Yanks playing the Cards? Seems strange this early in the year.

Enjoy the game. 

Archived