Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I forgot about @NorthernBlue He is a Nats fan. So, we now have a Braves fan, Nats fan and Mets fan here. That will make for a lot of fun in the coming months. There is another guy who is a Phillies fan but he rarely posts.  

Every person on here likes NL teams for their favorites haha except for the Ruston Rifle, he likes the Yankees. Gavin was a Cubs fan, he would love this stuff! This Thread is better than any Baseball Thread on the internet as far as I am concerned and this is a Football Site. How funny.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Every person on here likes NL teams for their favorites haha except for the Ruston Rifle, he likes the Yankees.

Coltsfansince65 is a Yankees fan too. Gramz is an Indians fan (or she was rooting for the Indians during the World Series).  There are several Orioles fans but they do not post in this thread.

But you're right, most of the fans that post here are NL fans. And I prefer NL style baseball. I am not a fan of the DH. I am a fan of pitching, defense, and timely hitting.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Coltsfansince65 is a Yankees fan too. Gramz is an Indians fan (or she was rooting for the Indians during the World Series).  There are several Orioles fans but they do not post in this thread.

But you're right, most of the fans that post here are NL fans. And I prefer NL style baseball. I am not a fan of the DH. I am a fan of pitching, defense, and timely hitting.

Gramz is from Ohio so I think that is why she was rooting for the Indians last season. I am not sure how big of a Baseball fan she is but she should be proud of them regardless. That WS could've went either way and had me scared to death in Game 7. I didn't realize Coltsfan65 was a Yankees fan. KingColt is a Cubs fan as well, he just posted on this Thread recently and someone we didn't mention.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I forgot about @NorthernBlue He is a Nats fan. So, we now have a Braves fan, Nats fan and Mets fan here. That will make for a lot of fun in the coming months. There is another guy who is a Phillies fan but he rarely posts.  

Yeah baby Nats all day! All though I hope a certain number 34 doesn't get any ideas about signing with a certain team in New York that plays in the Bronx.......

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I prefer the NL style as well but the AL style may have helped the Cubs because of Kyle S.

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah baby Nats all day! All though I hope a certain number 34 doesn't get any ideas about signing with a certain team in New York that plays in the Bronx.......

Nats have a ton of fire power and good pitching. It depends on who is hot and healthy at the end of the season to who wins it all.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nats have a ton of fire power and good pitching. It depends on who is hot and healthy at the end of the season to who wins it all.

Yeah but that DC sports curse runs deep. I'll admit, I don't follow baseball too closely until the NHL season finishes. Up till this point in my life, it's been Caps playoff disappointment followed by Nats playoff disappointment haha.

Maybe this year will be different. Gonna miss Wilson "the buffalo" Ramos, but hopefully our pitchers stay consistent and Murph proves last year was no fluke.

15 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Anyone watching spring training yet? Loving how Swanson is doing as a Braves fan!

I am watching today (Mets vs Cards.)

The Braves have two guys who are Mets killers. One is the pitcher Teheran (spelling??) and Inciarte. I wish we had those guys.

Who is the player that the Braves traded last year that made Braves fans angry? There is a fellow Vikes fan who is a Braves fan. He hated that trade.

Back to my game, Harvey gets the first 3 hitters out 1-2-3, striking out Fowler and Diaz. :) 

Harvey struggling in 2nd inning, giving up a double, hitting a batter, and giving up a 3-run Homer to Jose Martinez.  3-1 Cards. Mets also scored their run on a home run (Cespedes).

Cards player just laid down a great bunt. NL baseball!!

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am watching today (Mets vs Cards.)

The Braves have two guys who are Mets killers. One is the pitcher Teheran (spelling??) and Inciarte. I wish we had those guys.

Who is the player that the Braves traded last year that made Braves fans angry? There is a fellow Vikes fan who is a Braves fan. He hated that trade.

Back to my game, Harvey gets the first 3 hitters out 1-2-3, striking out Fowler and Diaz. :) 

Are you talking about Jeff Franceour? People love him, but he's honestly a horrible player. I can't remember any other trade like that unless it's kelly johnson or something.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Are you talking about Jeff Franceour? People love him, but he's honestly a horrible player. I can't remember any other trade like that unless it's kelly johnson or something.

No, it was a young player. I think it was a prospect. I will find out tomorrow and will tell you.

Jeff played for the Mets a few years ago.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I just looked it up. The player that the Braves traded was Simmons.

http://atlantabraves.blog.ajc.com/2015/11/23/why-did-braves-trade-simmons-for-more-pitching-prospects/

Just now, NFLfan said:

I just looked it up. The player that the Braves traded was Simmons.

http://atlantabraves.blog.ajc.com/2015/11/23/why-did-braves-trade-simmons-for-more-pitching-prospects/

Ah, Andrelton Simmons was a year ago. That is looking like a bad trade now, but I think Swanson will be better. Simmons has all-world defense, but that's it. Literally all his value resides in his defense. I think Swanson is a much better all-around player.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Harvey struggling in 2nd inning, giving up a double, hitting a batter, and giving up a 3-run Homer to Jose Martinez.  3-1 Cards. Mets also scored their run on a home run (Cespedes).

Cards player just laid down a great bunt. NL baseball!!

Cubs play the Rangers at 3, looks like Lester is pitching. Harvey is struggling a bit today. I am not watching it but I seen where he gave up a 3 run homer. Cant wait for the Regular Season.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs play the Rangers at 3, looks like Lester is pitching. Harvey is struggling a bit today. I am not watching it but I seen where he gave up a 3 run homer. Cant wait for the Regular Season.

Cards are  playing very well. It is 7-1 now. They just got us to hit into a 4-6-3 double play. End of 3rd.

I just learned that one of the Cards players, Harrison Bader, is from near here, in Bronxville, NY (Westchester County). He hit a 3-run single to make the score 7-1.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Cards are  playing very well. It is 7-1 now. They just got us to hit into a 4-6-3 double play. End of 3rd.

I just learned that one of the Cards players, Harrison Bader, is from near here, in Bronxville, NY (Westchester County). He hit a 3-run double to make the score 7-1.

I wouldn't put much stock into these games but they are still fun to watch if you are a Baseball junkie like we are. Cubs have stunk it up so far.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ah, Andrelton Simmons was a year ago. That is looking like a bad trade now, but I think Swanson will be better. Simmons has all-world defense, but that's it. Literally all his value resides in his defense. I think Swanson is a much better all-around player.

The Vikings/Braves fan loves Swanson.

Why can't the Mets find any hitting prospects?!!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't put much stock into these games but they are still fun to watch if you are a Baseball junkie like we are. Cubs have stunk it up so far.

Oh, I don't but the Cards look good. The score is not important.  They are playing fundamentally well.  They play baseball the way I like -- getting people on base no matter how (hits, walks, bunts), moving runners along, and timely hits. I don't like winning via the home run. Lol.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Oh, I don't but the Cards look good. The score is not important.  They are playing fundamentally well.  They play baseball the way I like -- getting people on base no matter how (hits, walks, bunts), moving runners along, and timely hits. I don't like winning via the home run. Lol.

Cards always seem to play fundamentally sound Baseball. They are a threat every year to win the WS.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

They have Rosario, he's the no5 prospect in baseball right now if I remember right.

Is that a Mets prospect? I am surprised that I don't know him. Last year we traded one of our top prospects, Dilson Herrera, for Jay Bruce. I was not too pleased with that. I like to keep young players. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is that a Mets prospect? I am surprised that I don't know him. Last year we traded one of our top prospects, Dilson Herrera, for Jay Bruce. I was not too pleased with that. I like to keep young players. 

If the Mets had just 1 extra big bat in their lineup they would be real dangerous. This season Division races should be fun. Nats/Mets, Cubs/Cards, and Giants/Dodgers

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Mets had just 1 extra big bat in their lineup they would be real dangerous. This season Division races should be fun. Nats/Mets, Cubs/Cards, and Giants/Dodgers

I actually don't want a big bat. I want to play small ball the way the Cards are. I am jealous right now. They are playing small ball and going to the opposite field. They are getting singles and doubles, stealing bases, taking the extra base. I love that. No big bat but now leading 11-3 by just playing small ball. I will take that.

I actually don't want a big bat. I want to play small ball the way the Cards are. I am jealous right now. They are playing small ball and going to the opposite field. They are getting singles and doubles, stealing bases, taking the extra base. I love that. No big bat but now leading 11-3 by just playing small ball. I will take that.

Yeah they are the kings at doing that. The Cubs do a little of both but do rely on the HR more than a lot of teams.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they are the kings at doing that. The Cubs do a little of both but do rely on the HR more than a lot of teams.

The player I like most on the Cubs is Zobrist. I liked Fowler too. Zobrist seems to bring everything. The Mets did try and sign him. He would have been a good signing. I usually don't like picking up high-priced free agents but I would have liked him. He's a winner.

Just now, NFLfan said:

The player I like most on the Cubs is Zobrist. I liked Fowler too. Zobrist seems to bring everything. The Mets did try and sign him. He would have been a good signing. I usually don't like picking up high-priced free agents but I would have liked him.

Zobrist and Kyle S both have a knack of getting on base with timely hitting, so did Fowler. Bryant and Rizzo bring the power. I will miss Fowler. Zobrist is just flat out clutch.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Zobrist and Kyle S both have a knack of getting on base with timely hitting, so did Fowler. Bryant and Rizzo bring the power. I will miss Fowler. Zobrist is just flat out clutch.

That's why I like him. Daniel Murphy was a poor man's Zobrist. I wanted to keep Murphy -- I wrote it in the baseball thread back then; so it isn't hindsight. I don't know why we did not re-sign him.

Let's see if we can be clutch. We have 3 men on base and 2 out. 11-5 score right now.

Update: Of course we did not score. haha

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

That's why I like him. Daniel Murphy was a poor man's Zobrist. I wanted to keep Murphy -- I wrote it in the baseball thread back then; so it isn't hindsinght.

Let's see if we can be clutch. We have 3 men on base and 2 out. 11-5 score right now.

Man Murphy destroyed the Cubs in the 2015 NLCS. I thought he was Babe Ruth in that series lmao 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man Murphy destroyed the Cubs in the 2015 NLCS. I thought he was Babe Ruth in that series lmao 

Lol. I wanted to re-sign Murph well before that series against the Cubbies. As I have written in the past, Murph was our only contact hitter and he got on base when we needed it. When we were down, I would mentally ask myself, "When is Murph coming to bat " I trusted that he could get on base and give us a chance to score. 

Listening to Jay Bruce interview. He seems like a good guy. Maybe I should give him a chance. :)

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I wanted to re-sign Murph well before that series against the Cubbies. As I have written in the past, Murph was our only contact hitter and he got on base when we needed it. When we were down, I would mentally ask myself, "When is Murph coming to bat " I trusted that he could get on base and give us a chance to score. 

Listening to Jay Bruce interview. He seems like a good guy. Maybe I should give him a chance. :)

From everything I have been reading it looks like Maddon will put Kyle S as leadoff which he is a Good hitter. Bryant 2nd - Great hitter, power, and speed. Rizzo 3rd - Very Good hitter, power. Zobrist 4th - clutch hitting at driving in runs. Pretty solid for a 1st 4. I am assuming Russell and Baez would be 5th and 6th? Both of those guys have power at times and pretty good speed. The Pitching staff looks to be Lester, Jake, Hendricks, Lackey as the starting rotation.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

From everything I have been reading it looks like Maddon will put Kyle S as leadoff which he is Good hitter. Bryant 2nd - Great hitter, power, and speed. Rizzo 3rd - Very Good hitter, power. Zobrist 4th - clutch hitting at driving in runs. Pretty solid for a 1st 4. I am assuming Russell and Baez would be 5th and 6th? Both of those guys have power at times and pretty good speed. The Pitching staff looks to be Lester, Jake, Hendricks, Lackey as the starting rotation.

You guys are a hitting machine! You don't have any easy outs. (Aye, another double for the Cards. :( lol.) 

Who is your 5th pitcher? How old is Lackey now? How's your bullpen?

You guys are a hitting machine! You don't have any easy outs. (Aye, another double for the Cards. :( lol.) 

Lackey seems like he is 50 doesn't he? That is one crazy character but he is Good. I am not sure who the 5th Pitcher will be as I haven't seen anything in concrete yet.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lackey is one month younger than me(38)

It would appear to be a platoon between Brett Anderson and Mike Montgomery for the 5th Starter

Archived