Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off work today and well rested I guess. Cubs are playing great too. Yesterday was a rough one at work, I was tired last night. I have to go in tomorrow for a few hours but actually off Saturday and Sunday so that has me in a good mood too.

I will be off from tomorrow afternoon through June 6th. I have two high school graduations (nephews) to attend during that time, one being in New Hampshire on June 4th.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

This is the best thread around, no?

Btw, I saw an article that asked, "Should the Cubs trade Javier Baez".

Thoughts???

Good question.......here's my thoughts....

IMG_0334.PNG

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I will be off from tomorrow afternoon through June 6th. I have two high school graduations (nephews) to attend during that time, one being in New Hampshire on June 4th.

Cool congrats to your nephews! Man you should be in a great mood being off for the next 2 weeks. That is great stuff. You plan on doing anything or you just going to relax. Anymore when I am off like that I just go out to my moms and chill or relax at home and don't do anything. Not having any stress is huge. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cool congrats to your nephews! Man you should be in a great mood being off for the next 2 weeks. That is great stuff. You plan on doing anything or you just going to relax. Anymore when I am off like that I just go out to my moms and chill or relax at home and don't do anything. Not having any stress is huge. 

No plans. I may do a couple of day trips. I do some work for an attorney when I have extra time; so, I will be meeting with a couple of her clients to finish up some work.

Reading that Indiana History thread made me want to take a trip there during my time off. One of the members here invited me to visit. But I have too many trips this year. I will postpone it for another time.

Mets lost again, 4-3, to the worst team in baseball. Mets are playing like the worst. I would not be surprised to see the manager or the pitching coach being let go. I hope not. I want to wait to get Syndergaard and Cespedes back to see what will happen.

And PT says, " Everything will be Okay"

Just now, NFLfan said:

Mets lost again, 4-3, to the worst team in baseball. Mets are playing like the worst. I would not be surprised to see the manager or the pitching coach being let go. I hope not. I want to wait to get Syndergaard and Cespedes back to see what will happen.

Ouch

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Too many injuries right now to be playing good Baseball.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards lost, so the Standings heading into May 26th in the NL Central are:

Cubs 25-21

Brew Crew 25-22 - .5

Cards 23-21 - 1

Reds 22-24 - 3

Pirates 22-26 - 4

The World Champs back on top!

Yes Brother Cards are overthinking on Wacha , they have been skipping starts on him to make it easier to get him through end of season . He worked in off season strengthening his shoulder , more or less was having trouble with phatigue. He wasn't sharp . They need to let him stay in rotation and let chips fall or they will get good starts and some bad . You cant be skipping starts and expect a pitcher to stay sharp everytime out. To me common sense 101.

I have decided Jed Gyrko is for real . I think that's one reason the Cards felt Adams was expendable. Jed has always had power but has learned the art of hitting the breaking ball and being able to go the opposite way when needed.   

. .
Year AB  R H HR  RBI  SB AVG  OBP  OPS
2017 Stats 140  20   47  7 20 2 .336 . 384

45 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Might have to take a nap prior to tonight's game, lol.

Yep, now we have the good ol midnight Baseball. Man it's great to be back in 1st place but we have to keep it up. I was talking about all-time Mt Rushmore's on the Basketball Thread and had Jordan/Kareem/Wilt/Magic as mine = 4 heads, just wondering what everyone's Baseball Mt Rushmore would be? I really never gave that much thought until today. I am not sure who I would have on that. My QB Mt Rushmore = Brady/Unitas/Montana/Peyton.

-As of now Babe Ruth would have to be on it but no idea for my other 3 players.

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Cy Young, and ??

Maybe Hank Aaron? I really have to think about it and thinking someone from this era should maybe be on it. All of those guys played decades ago. Babe definitely IMO, probably Mays. Problem with this is the steroid era because to me Barry Bonds is the best power hitter I have ever seen and Pitchers would just walk him out of fear but he took steroids.

22 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Cute & Touche. 

Which begs the question, if PT said something like, "Well, this is not good", does that mean the world is about to end? Just curious. 

All kidding aside PT, I do like your slogan for lack of a better word & there is comfort in familiarity I suppose. 

Okay, SW1 will zip it now. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am having trouble even thinking of a Cubs Mt Rushmore. Shouldn't someone on the WS team be on that since they hadn't won in 108 years? I mean Ernie Banks is a no brainer but after that, who?

Billy Williams, Sandberg, Fergie Jenkins?

There is someone I am missing.

Archived