Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

4 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Hazmat had to come in to clean up mess ,east bound from 4 mile marker was shut down

The wreck here in Princeton happened at the Northern Entrance to the Toyota Plant so anyone coming from Evansville or going to Vincennes, Terre Haute and Points North got to see TMMI from the back side

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice win by the Cubs, very much needed to keep up in the Division. Both the Cubs and Cincy are now 19-19. Happ and Rizzo both homered tonight and Bryant doubled in a run as well. I like this Happ guy! At last glance the Cards were losing 6-3 to the RedSox in the 8th, if that holds up the Cubs would only be 2.5 back.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice win by the Cubs, very much needed to keep up in the Division. Both the Cubs and Cincy are now 19-19. Happ and Rizzo both homered tonight and Bryant doubled in a run as well. I like this Happ guy! At last glance the Cards were losing 6-3 to the RedSox in the 8th, if that holds up the Cubs would only be 2.5 back.

Cards lost 6-3 another one of those sloppy games unearned runs cost them.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys are still in 1st which is key. RedSox are a pretty tough team.

Agreed 3 unearned runs is not a good thing though. Cant put my finger on it and I know we are not alone in this , the Cubs have done the same . I guess I just don't expect sloppiness from these teams I have seen this year on this scale.

4 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed 3 unearned runs is not a good thing though. Cant put my finger on it and I know we are not alone in this , the Cubs have done the same . I guess I just don't expect sloppiness from these teams I have seen this year on this scale.

Yeah compared to last season the Cubs have been pretty sloppy with some head scratching error's. I hear ya! 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NL Central standings through May 17th:

Brewers 23-18

Cards 21-17 .5

Cubs 20-19 2

Reds 19-20 3

Pirates 17-23 5.5

-Brewers in 1st place, lmao Cubs only 2 back as of now.

Wow. Brew Crew in 1st place. The Central is very strong. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was shocked they blew a 4-0 lead. I only seen the last Inning because it was on the MLB Channel. What's up with the Brewers?

Nothing they will fade IMO , its the Cubs and Cards division and the full season will show that.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Nothing they will fade IMO , its the Cubs and Cards division and the full season will show that.

Yeah I think so too but the Brewers and Reds both have played pretty well so far. I am glad the Cubs have shown up against the Reds, that series had me a little iffy going into it. The Cubs Pitching has been inconsistent all season so far and if their bats aren't going it seems like a loss. Cubs are hitting the ball like crazy against the Reds but still giving up way too many runs.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think so too but the Brewers and Reds both have played pretty well so far. I am glad the Cubs have shown up against the Reds, that series had me a little iffy going into it. The Cubs Pitching has been inconsistent all season so far and if their bats aren't going it seems like a loss. Cubs are hitting the ball like crazy against the Reds but still giving up way too many runs.

Dog days of summer separate the men from boys

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was playing music for ya on my Violen lmao. Hey it's now 9-4 Cubs, never a dull moment with the Cubs bullpen!

Haha. Thank you, buddy. I love music. 

You should have enough of a lead... but I see there are 2 men on and no outs? :hairout:

Archived