Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Glad to hear that you and yours are okay

So far have not heard of any injuries several roads were closed trees across road. Trees every where some uprooted some just snapped in half. Seen some smashed vehichles.

20 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards ended up winning the wife and I went to bed and were finishing game but didn't see end Got hammered by a storm about 10.45pm power went out we went out to go to work tree fell on top of power line covering drive no other way to get out . If that wasn't bad enough had attached line running across ground right in front of wifes car and across the hood of my car. So we were going nowhere till power company got there. Just got power back at 8pm. More of Terre Haute hammered as well may be up to 7 days till all power restored.

Sorry to hear that, buddy. Hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Do you get it from Merom Hoosier Energy?. And yes your very close to Gibson

Duke Energy but before we moved it was Vectren Princeton is serviced by 3 companies

Duke

Vectren

Win Energy

just like banks

5/3

Old National

Regions

German American

First Bank

Woodforest(WalMart)

First Bank of Terre Haute

Evansville Federal Teacher's Credit Union

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Duke Energy but before we moved it was Vectren Princeton is serviced by 3 companies

Duke

Vectren

Win Energy

just like banks

5/3

Old National

Regions

German American

First Bank

Woodforest(WalMart)

First Bank of Terre Haute

Evansville Federal Teacher's Credit Union

Lol we have Win comes from Merom , lol these power grids are strange things. We had a plant real close before it shut down Indiana Michigan power they sold the power in West Virginia . :lol:

7 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol we have Win comes from Merom , lol these power grids are strange things. We had a plant real close before it shut down Indiana Michigan power they sold the power in West Virginia . :lol:

Much of the power produce at GGS goes to the Indianapolis area

There is a plant in Pike County(Petersburg) that is owned by IPL(Indianapolis Power and Light) that produces power for Indy

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Terre Haute means high land in French. Is it on high land?

Yes and no lol it higher than river bottoms lol. Lol the Natives had strong holds all along the Wabash river area part of it was stomping grounds of none other than Tecumseh

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was built on high ground above the Wabash

Okay. That makes sense.

"Terre" means land/ground and "Haute" means high. 

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes and no lol it higher than river bottoms lol. Lol the Natives had strong holds all along the Wabash river area part of it was stomping grounds of none other than Tecumseh

I know nothing about the rivers over there, lol. Is there a strong presense of Indians/Native Americans in Indiana? 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Okay. That makes sense.

"Terre" means land and "Haute" means high. 

I know nothing about the rivers over there, lol. Is there a strong presense of Indians/Native Americans in Indiana? 

Not anymore but lots of history The North half of Terre Haute is probably 100 feet higher than South half.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I'm one as well lol . 2 of the first forts Vincennes And Fort Harrison in Terre Haute it is on high ground .

My Grandmother's family came from Knox County and the patriarch of the family was Wea and/or married into the Tribe

I could become a member of the Wea tribe. I have Wea blood on one side Cherokee on the other

The family name went from DeQuindre to Cary/Carey/Carie

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Okay. That makes sense.

"Terre" means land/ground and "Haute" means high. 

The whole Northern half of the state was off limits until the 1830s due to Indians. There were large Indian Villages near present day Lafayette

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My Grandmother's family came from Knox County and the patriarch of the family was Wea and/or married into the Tribe

I could become a member of the Wea tribe. I have Wea blood on one side Cherokee on the other

The family name went from DeQuindre to Cary/Carey/Carie

My Great Grandfather was full Cherokee out of NC

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The whole Northern half of the state was off limits until the 1830s due to Indians. There were large Indian Villages near present day Lafayette

Absolutely Fort Harrison was the farthest north outpost I know of

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yes there were a few different tribes in this area

Vincennes is also French I think. I checked out a map of Indiana and I did not see any other cities that sounded French.

However, one city I found is called Santa Claus. Is that really a name of a city? Lol.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Vincennes is also French I think. I checked out a map of Indiana and I did not see any other cities that sounded French.

However, one city I found is called Santa Claus. Is that really a name of a city?

If you want to call it a city lol

What tribe of Indians lived in Indiana?
Among the major tribes that lived in what is now Indiana were the Delaware, Kickapoo, Miami, Mound Builders, Piankashaw, Potawatomi, Shawnee, and Wea. After 1794, treaties were made that opened up large areas of land for settlement.Jun 23, 2016

Just now, Jay Kirk said:
What tribe of Indians lived in Indiana?
Among the major tribes that lived in what is now Indiana were the Delaware, Kickapoo, Miami, Mound Builders, Piankashaw, Potawatomi, Shawnee, and Wea. After 1794, treaties were made that opened up large areas of land for settlement.Jun 23, 2016

I love this stuff (the history of Indiana, etc.). Thanks.

Just now, NFLfan said:

However, one city I found is called Santa Claus. Is that really a name of a city? Lol.

Vincennes was settled by the French

and

Yes "Virginia" there is a Santa Claus(It is Jay Cutler's Hometown) 

My uncle taught it the Corporation that covers Santa Claus

Holiday World is near Santa Claus

Abe Lincoln grew up very close to it

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The High School Mascot is the Alice

Dubois County has a French Name but settled by Germans

Lafayette was named to honor Marquee de la Fayette 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Vincennes was settled by the French

and

Yes "Virginia" there is a Santa Claus(It is Jay Cutler's Hometown) 

My uncle taught it the Corporation that covers Santa Claus

Holiday World is near Santa Claus

Abe Lincoln grew up very close to it

Great stuff. I did not know Cutler was from Indiana.

One day I want to learn about Princeton.

I recall when I first signed up here, before I ever got a chance to ask you, you told me you were not from NJ and the Tigers were not the Princeton University Tigers.

Archived