Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I do not like Boras

Me neither. That is another reason I wanted Harvey traded. Boras makes ridiculous demands. Rumors had it that he wanted Harvey to sign with the Yankees when he becomes a free agent (for the $$$).

Just now, coltsfansince65 said:

Think I'm going to bed. I sure hope the same thing that happened last night when I went to bed before it was over doesn't happen again.  10-4 Yanks bottom 8th.

Good night everyone.

I have to go also, as I have to work tomorrow.  I hope the Mets game doesn't go into extras. It is the bottom of the 9th, 1 on and 1 out.

Edit: 2 Outs now

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Think I'm going to bed. I sure hope the same thing that happened last night when I went to bed before it was over doesn't happen again.  10-4 Yanks bottom 8th.

Good night everyone.

Good Night

On 5/8/2017 at 10:10 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

The Water is down here but it is now cleanup time

We got about 2 more inches today.  High water on roads everywhere.  Glad I drove my old truck. :)

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

We missed out today 

I am pretty sure Patoka and Hazleton are still having problems

Another 1-2 inches Wednesday night through Thursday.  A stray thunderstorm Friday...then perfect weather Saturday through Thursday next week.  Pool time this weekend and next.

3 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Another 1-2 inches Wednesday night through Thursday.  A stray thunderstorm Friday...then perfect weather Saturday through Thursday next week.  Pool time this weekend and next.

It was 80 and sunny today but looks like Storms Wednesday

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Truth hurts. :)  They'll warm up.  Cards did :thmup:

Yes they did everyone swinging bat well now , what bothered me more than anything was sloppy play fundamentals. They have it turned around , I think WainWright should go to the pen however hes always been a warm weather pitcher so who knows.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes they did everyone swinging bat well now , what bothered me more than anything was sloppy play fundamentals. They have it turned around , I think WainWright should go to the pen however hes always been a warm weather pitcher so who knows.

I figured they would be ok, Cubs and Cards both have the ability to reel off 6 or 7 wins in a row at anytime.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured they would be ok, Cubs and Cards both have the ability to reel off 6 or 7 wins in a row at anytime.

Out of Likes but that's a good point.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

what bothered me more than anything was sloppy play fundamentals.

Me too. If my team is losing but playing good fundamental baseball, the losses don't bother me as much, especially early on. Baseball has such a long season. Lots of time for a turnaround.

• Like 2

Mets are up 4-1 over the Giants going to the bottom of the 6th.

Giants catcher Buster Posey got his 7th RBI on another solo HR. The guys ahead of him do not get on base. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Different lineup for the Cubs. Zobrist is leading off tonight. It seemed to provide a spark. Cubs lead the Rockies 5-0 in the second.

That's more like it!!!!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, GOZER said:

That's more like it!!!!

Finally playing like World Champs, this is fun tonight! Still 5-0, last I looked Cards were losing 5-1 as well. A win puts us back over .500 at 17-16, respectable. We have been playing some real tough opponents lately.

• Like 3

Mets win 6-1 over the Giants. They are back to .500 with a record of 16-16. They go for the sweep tomorrow.

Going to bed. Good luck in all your games. Enjoy!  Good night!

• Like 3