Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Still out of likes from last night , seen a few comments up through here I would like .Cards up 4 to 0 3rd inning its looking like the Cubs may be faced with a must win to hold on to first place plus the Reds may win as well before tonights  Cubs Yankees matchup.

haha The forum may have deactivated "likes". I too still have none. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This Harvey thing, whatever it was, seems to have greatly affected the team. They are down 6-0. The pitcher subbing for Harvey did not have it. The team had been hitting well lately but they look flat today. They are hitless after 4 innings. There is still time but they seem flat.

Who wants to trade for Harvey? Who needs pitching?

Not really we keep getting people hurt lol it wont matter

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This Harvey thing, whatever it was, seems to have greatly affected the team. They are down 6-0. The pitcher subbing for Harvey did not have it. The team had been hitting well lately, scoring an average of 8 runs per game in the last week. Facing a pitcher making his first start, Mets hitters are hitless after 5 innings. There is still time but they seem flat.

Who wants to trade for Harvey? Who needs pitching?

Ouch

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Not really we keep getting people hurt lol it wont matter

Harvey was suspended without pay. He was supposed to start today. It must be serious.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

haha The forum may have deactivated "likes". I too still have none. 

You get them back 24 hrs after you posted them I think and if that's the case I will be waiting a bit.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

You get them back 24 hrs after you posted them I think and if that's the case I will be waiting a bit.

So we should get them in a few hours.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Since I rarely use them I never have that problem

I believe this is the second time I have run out of them. But I wonder why people don't use them? 

• Like 2
Just now, NFLfan said:

I believe this is the second time I have run out of them. But I wonder why people don't use them? 

It is much easier for me to quote the statement and respond positively.By doing so I know The person understands my approval 

• Like 2
Just now, NFLfan said:

The Mets announcers mentioned that the Cardinals pitchers have the best ERA in the majors. 

Yes other than Wainwright , things are coming around. We just cant afford to be losing anymore position players.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IMO Their Starters have been excellent but they have had issues in the bullpen

Not really as much lately, Broxton is off one game on next . Oh started shaky early but form has been great the last 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. Rosenthall has been ok but was shaky when he returned. Broxton in my opinion is a liability he helped blow the 4 run lead against the Brewers. In that Game Bowmen gave up homer to lose but actually has been most consistent from get go. My big concern early was Oh but I'm not worried there anymore. They were losing early not scoring and playing shoddy Defense.Seigrest had bad start but hes been good lately as well.Socolivich  and Broxton era just under 8 other than them 2 I'm happy with BP last 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.

28 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes other than Wainwright , things are coming around. We just cant afford to be losing anymore position players.

Tell me about it. Lol

85084f7a57ee7c1bd7aaddc3973f8375.jpg.f62a3cee030081210bb3f09c8ff7640a.jpg

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IMO Their Starters have been excellent but they have had issues in the bullpen

And to your credit PT yes the bullpen was terrible early say first 12 games. Broxton and Solocovich are expendable to me. Wainwright would do well in the pen . Bring up one of the young arms for his spot in the rotation.

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know what happened but they are reporting on the radio that my Mets have suspended Matt Harvey without pay "for violation of team rules". He was supposed to start today.

Get rid of the guy, please.

Report I'm hearing is he developed a migraine after playing golf the day before & didn't show up to the ball park for yesterday's game.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Shocker

Brett Anderson has been placed on the DL

And they bring back Grimm......:wall:

I know options are limited, better start shopping.

Well kept them to 1 run this time.....our only pitcher that didn't give up a run last night was our catcher, lol!

lets see if we can get our bats going....

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Well kept them to 1 run this time.....our only pitcher that didn't give up a run last night was our catcher, lol!

lets see if we can get our bats going....

Your catcher kept that inning from being bigger than it was too.

• Like 3