Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not saying they will actually but just my pick before the season. Health and being on a roll at the end of the season will be huge factors.

As will be what hired guns are available at deadline.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

As will be what hired guns are available at deadline.

The odds for teams Repeating are slim so I can see why a lot of people would take the Nats, Indians, or Dodgers as all have been right there on the cusp. Nats have solid Hitting and Pitching but haven't put it together in the Playoffs yet.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The odds for teams Repeating are slim so I can see why a lot of people would take the Nats, Indians, or Dodgers as all have been right there on the cusp. Nats have solid Hitting and Pitching but haven't put it together in the Playoffs yet.

The problem the Nats have had is that the dominant Hitting and Pitching comes from only a few players 

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No, but until the Nats win the WS that will be what they will hear, same for the Indians and Dodgers as well (Dodgers haven't won since 1988 so they are in that convo in todays game).

So, it was different for the Cubs even though they were swept by the Mets the year before. Okay.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So, it was different for the Cubs even though they were swept by the Mets the year before. Okay.

The Cubs had a better Pitching staff going into last season than what the Nats have ever have and they have a better Manager as well. I had huge faith in the Cubs winning the WS last season actually. The Cubs didn't get Very Good until 2015 and made it all the way to the NLCS, Nats lose in the 1st Round often.

25 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Was kidding with you since we are all from flyover states and looked at as hicks by Big City folk

I don't think anyone can say that I have treated others here like I see them as "hicks", whatever that is.

But what does that have to do with making a prediction? 2006CBE had asked for predictions. I said Nats and Indians. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think anyone here can say that I have treated others here like I see them as "hicks", whatever that is. I think you are projecting.

But what does that have to do with making a prediction here? 2006CBE had asked for predictions. I said Nats and Indians. 

That is why I was joking with you

As I said I was joking with you the same way I was joking with you with I said your prediction probably didn't go over well in NY

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That is why I was joking with you

As I said I was joking with you the same way I was joking with you with I said your prediction probably didn't go over well in NY

Okay, I think I get it. You were joking that the prediction did not go over well with the others on the thread.

I am terrible with jokes. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually think the Prediction is not only a solid one but a great one! Nats vs Indians absolutely could happen.

Yes I agree they are very good , but I also agree with PT on the part of the great hitting being from a few. 

Cards are half a game behind the Cubs for the lead in the Central at one and two exactly what I thought and still think the Central plays out for the long haul with these teams on top battling it out. The Cards are playing better ball , but still have things to right. It will be a fun . The Mets beat the Nats last night disappointing start for them but the bats will wake up and with the pitching they have they will be alright. The West could belong to the Rockies and Diamondbacks ,lets wait and see on the Dodgers. Surprising start for the White Sox setting on top of Central in the AL .5 in front of the Indians. Yankees and Orioles tied atop the East surprising start for them as well. Houston off to good start in the west with a good young ball club . Where will the season go ? Lol we just gotta wait and see , there's a whole lot more of baseball to be played.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs lost 5-4 to the RedSox. Have to get them back in game 2. I didn't hardly watch any of it as the Draft has had me consumed. My eyeballs are killing me being on this laptop all night so goodnight everyone. I am out.

I hear you I'm very happy with the Colts and Ballard's choices so far I look for a RB somewhere to day probably a LB and a couple more DBs.

Nice win by the Cubs today. Now at 13-10 with a full game lead in the NL Central over the Cards who are 12-11. Winning in Boston is always tough! Cards game got postponed today. As April is winding down what is everyone's thoughts on how their favorite team looks so far? I am fine with the Cubs at 13-10 and they lead their Division too.

There should be a mercy rule in baseball. The Nats made sure they did not get swept today. They lead the Mets 19-5. Our backup catcher just finished pitching the 7th (almost giving up another HR). 

Tomorrow is May 1st and the Mets will be 4 games under .500.  I could see Mets fans calling to fire the manager. I hope the Mets don't cave in to the pressure.  I like our manager. Injuries are not an excuse but that is a reality and does affect on-the-field performance.  Give him til the end of the year.

Gosh, this is getting ugly. I wish the Nats would stop swinging. Our backup catcher is still pitching and has given up 3 more runs on two HRs.  It is 22-5. :hairout:

Update:

Another HR. One Nats player (Rendon) has driven in 10 runs. 23-5

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Gosh, this is getting ugly. I wish the Nats would stop swinging. Our backup catcher is still pitching and has given up 3 more runs on two HRs.  It is 22-5. :hairout:

Update:

Another HR. One Nats player (Rendon) has driven in 10 runs. 23-5

I just noticed this. What is going on with the Mets today? Reds were leading the Cards last I looked 5-4 in the 8th as well.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just noticed this. What is going on with the Mets today? Reds were leading the Cards last I looked 5-4 in the 8th as well.

Syndergaard left the game early with a lat strain (1st time of heard of that). He was not himself. He gave up his first walk of the season (1BB, 31K). This was his only poorly pitched game this season (1.2 inn, 5 ER)

The Mets don't win if the starting pitcher has a bad game. The whole team is pretty bad now.

Archived