Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win = 12-8 now, back up to that 60% winning% now. Keep the pressure on and stay in 1st in the Division. Nice to get a shutout win, Great Pitching tonight. That long haired dude killed us last week, he damn near hit a HR in the 9th lmao.

John Jaso

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Interesting. Are they majority owners? They are buying a young and exciting team.  

What do Yankees fans think of Jeter buying the Marlins?

@coltsfansince65

I'm happy for the guy. He's lived the American dream & just keeps on building it. I'm also glad he isn't buying an American league team. I couldn't bear to have the Yankees competing directly with a team that Jeter is an owner of. I love the Jeter/Mattingly connection too. Don Mattingly's last year playing on the Yankees just happened to be Jeter's rookie season.

From what I'm hearing Jeter will be quite active in his ownership of the Marlins as well. I say, good for him. It gives me another team to follow. (I know the Marlins tend to give the Mets fits on a pretty regular basis too.)

42 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I'm happy for the guy. He's lived the American dream & just keeps on building it. I'm also glad he isn't buying an American league team. I couldn't bear to have the Yankees competing directly with a team that Jeter is an owner of. I love the Jeter/Mattingly connection too. Don Mattingly's last year playing on the Yankees just happened to be Jeter's rookie season.

From what I'm hearing Jeter will be quite active in his ownership of the Marlins as well. I say, good for him. It gives me another team to follow. (I know the Marlins tend to give the Mets fits on a pretty regular basis too.)

Where would you rank Jeter among all-time Yankees? Of course you have guys like Ruth, Mantle, and Rivera as well so I was wondering where you put Jeter?

7 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

They do. :(

And they have some good young players, especially the everyday players. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Where would you rank Jeter among all-time Yankees? Of course you have guys like Ruth, Mantle, and Rivera as well so I was wondering where you put Jeter?

That's a good question. Jeter gets a high spot on my list. Of the many "stars" the Yankees have had over the years no one else achieved 3K hits like Derek has. Not Gehrig, not Dimaggio. I grew up watching Mantle & he has always been my #1 Yankee legend. Yogi is another. (I was a catcher so there is that) Jeter seemed to do everything right. He gets high marks from me because he did it for so long with such class. Top 5 easily.

Archived