Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds are up 5-2 in the 9th. I thought maybe the Cubs would put their foot down and take over 1st place tonight but this isn't looking good.

It appears the Reds believe in themselves , at least right now.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds are up 5-2 in the 9th. I thought maybe the Cubs would put their foot down and take over 1st place tonight but this isn't looking good.

You never know with these Cubbies. They are never out.

For my team, another fairly well pitched game by the starter Harvey (7inn, 4 hits, 3 runs). The hitters frustrate me. And we are using pitchers to pinch run. Lol.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You never know with these Cubbies. They are never out.

For my team, another fairly well pitched game by the starter Harvey (7inn, 4 hits, 3 runs). The hitters frustrate me. And we are using pitchers to pinch run. Lol.

Wainwright has 4 RBIs including a HR deep in second deck

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Wainwright has 4 RBIs including a HR deep in second deck

I know. The announcers mentioned it earlier.

Bruce hit a towering shot that would have been a HR almost anywhere else. But it was caught on the warning track. Ugh.

Our closer is killing us. He just walked in the go ahead run. He can't throw a strike. Nats have bases loaded with only 1 out.

Where is the emotion that shows fear?

Update:

After giving up the go ahead run, Familia strikes out the next 2 guys. Going to bottom of 11th, down a run. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• So play great coverage, let the rush get there... but what about when you play Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar, etc.?    And your next line seems contradictory. QBs are less accurate under pressure, but you prioritize playing coverage...? Your final line is true, they're dependent on each other, but if I had to choose between great pass rush and average coverage, or great coverage and average pass rush, I think I'm choosing great pass rush. I want to affect the QB, because all of my coverage will get a boost. Of course, it would be nice to be great at both.   Regarding pressures vs sacks, yes, context is needed. But it's pointless to try to reduce the topic down to the bolded. Sacks are obviously more important than pressures because they end the play, whereas the outcome from a pressure can range from really good (sack/turnover) to really bad (big play/TD). But pressures are still important, and pressure is cumulative. And on a fundamental level, you cannot get a sack if you don't get pressure. Being dismissive about pressures is somewhat myopic.
    • Really good info.   Thanks for sharing 
    • I hate it. People are still suffering money wise from inflation, and streaming used to be an alternative, but now it’s just as expensive to have all of these services to the point we’ll have to switch back to cable just to save money.    The consumer just never wins…
    • Of course.   I don’t think I disagree.   But I think Ballard knows his players and if/when to gamble on bringing them back.     Not sure I follow your comment about the draft behind him with Pierce be the same as pass rusher?   Can you elaborate?  
    • Last year was brutal for you?   Seriously?   Last year was one of the most enjoyable seasons of my 12+ years of Colts fandom!   A season where the Colts exceeded expectations while playing their backup quarterback.  Watching Steichen coach the heck out of this team!   A real pleasure.  Honestly.    And given the nature of how negative things are around here I’ll share a thought that I fully expect to get laughed at over… Ballard didn’t take the job over Luck.  Ballard took the job over Irsay.   I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Irsay, who had been a GM, then hired Bill Polian,  then Ryan Grigson who got exec of the year one year, then Ballard who also got executive of the year one year.   I don’t believe in coincidences like that.   Irsay knows the complexities of the job.   When Ballard took the job it wasn’t clear what was happening with Luck?   The one constant was Irsay.    Plenty of decisions were made with the trio…. Irsay, Ballard and Reich.     After the Luck retirement the Colts were in win-now mode.  They had a young team built to win and weren’t going to tell them the team was going to be in re-build mode for 2-4 years while a young quarterback learned on the job.     Things look obvious in hind sight.  The Colts plans were known in real time and they made what they felt were the only decisions that they could.   Try to win every year.  And part of the reason Ballard hasn’t been fired is that Irsay approved of those plans, he signed off on them.     Im sorry you may not watch this year.  Steichen is a really sharp guy.  Fun to watch.   I hope you’ll reconsider.   
  • Members