Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate the fact we are struggling but we are pretty much locked in at that 3rd spot anyway. We are 32-25 so the most losses we could have are 28. The Reds and Brewers both have already lost 28. There is a small outside shot that the Cards could catch us, they are 27-26 but that is a long shot. They would have to get real hot and we would have to almost lose out. 

And as of now, the Reds also lose the tiebreaker against us since we won series 6-4. We need the Brewers to win some this weekend. At the end of the day I would like them to take 3 of 5 since they way we are hitting, we may get swept by the White Sox even if the game ends 1-0 each day. 

Happ hopefully will get back in sync or wear some goggles to help his vision cuz since the baseball hit him, he has had a hard time

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And as of now, the Reds also lose the tiebreaker against us since we won series 6-4. We need the Brewers to win some this weekend. At the end of the day I would like them to take 3 of 5 since they way we are hitting, we may get swept by the White Sox even if the game ends 1-0 each day. 

Happ hopefully will get back in sync or wear some goggles to help his vision cuz since the baseball hit him, he has had a hard time

The Cards have a 5 game series with the Brewers which helps us. The Cards will end up playing 58 games despite everything. If the Brewers take 3 of 5 we clinch the division even if we lose out. I don't see us losing out. I think we win at least 1 vs the Whitesox. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate the fact we are struggling but we are pretty much locked in at that 3rd spot anyway. We are 32-25 so the most losses we could have are 28. The Reds and Brewers both have already lost 28. There is a small outside shot that the Cards could catch us, they are 27-26 but that is a long shot. They would have to get real hot and we would have to almost lose out. 

200.gifwelp, they play the white Sox last 3 games and they’re tough. They went through a little slump but always seem to bring it against the Cubs with the rivalry. A sweep would be amazing, but the way they’ve been playing probably not gonna happen. 

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cards have a 5 game series with the Brewers which helps us. The Cards will end up playing 58 games despite everything. If the Brewers take 3 of 5 we clinch the division even if we lose out. I don't see us losing out. I think we win at least 1 vs the Whitesox. 

I hope we can win, but the offense just hasnt done anything and at this point it is hard to see positives currently. Also, if we are close they may have to play a Doubleheader on Monday against the Tigers I have heard. If they are in a situation

I just woke up for a few, have to work in a few hours so going back to bed. I just seen the Cubs won 10-0 over the White Sox, great stuff. Winning the division not backing in feels a lot better. Magic number is down to 1. 1 more Cubs win or a Cards loss and we win the NL Central. Fly the Flag Hozer. I just watched the highlights, this was a butt whipping lmao 

Cubs 33-25

Cards 29-27 (3 back)

23 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Cubbies ball club has done a hell of a job over the years. I’m happy for Cubs fans.

Thanks, after years of suffering I still continued to root for them. We have not become a dynasty because 1 WS Title isn't a dynasty but from 2015-2020 in that 6 year span we have won a ton of games and if we clinch the NL Central tonight or tomorrow, that is 3 Division Titles in 5 seasons. 

By the way, congrats on making the playoffs. IMO the Reds have a dangerous lineup. Anything can happen once you get in :thmup:  

Did the Central get 4 teams into the playoffs? Cubs, Reds, Cardinals and the Brewers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-brewers-claim-final-nl-postseason-spots-on-wild-final-day-of-baseball-223000870.html

"It took until the final day of the season, but the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers emerged with tickets to the expanded MLB postseason."

38 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Glad they didn’t blow it!!!! Final one of the regular season.....

image.thumb.png.d70c3d0781df8f65a0cb0aa25e93c555.png

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

34-26 on the season is good, nothing great but during a pandemic it is good/respectable. Especially when you win the NL Central Division. Beating the White Sox 2 of 3 on their home field is a nice way to end the season. We didn't back into a Division Title either. How do you feel about our matchup vs the Marlins? I know little about them, I will do some research on them.

The NL Playoff matchups are interesting. It is the best of 3 folks not a single elimination. Here are the matchups:

#1 Dodgers vs #8 Brewers

#4 Padres vs #5 Cards

#2 Braves vs #7 Reds

#3 Cubs vs #6 Marlins 

-What are everyone's picks?

I did a little research on the Marlins and they are slightly dangerous. They are a streaky team. I think they will beat us once but Cubs should win that series 2-1. Aguilar, Rojas, and Anderson are dangerous hitters, Lopez is their best pitcher but nothing special.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Did the Central get 4 teams into the playoffs? Cubs, Reds, Cardinals and the Brewers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-brewers-claim-final-nl-postseason-spots-on-wild-final-day-of-baseball-223000870.html

"It took until the final day of the season, but the St. Louis Cardinals and Milwaukee Brewers emerged with tickets to the expanded MLB postseason."

As you see above, they did. Brewers were only 29-31. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The NL Playoff matchups are interesting. It is the best of 3 folks not a single elimination. Here are the matchups:

#1 Dodgers vs #8 Brewers

#4 Padres vs #5 Cards

#2 Braves vs #7 Reds

#3 Cubs vs #6 Marlins 

I did a little research on the Marlins and they are slightly dangerous. They are a streaky team. I think they will beat us once but Cubs should win that series 2-1. Aguilar, Rojas, and Anderson are dangerous hitters, Lopez is their best pitcher but nothing special.

I wont pick the Cubs series. The Dodgers should beat Brewers in 2 games, they have guys lined up and Brewers lost top pitcher this weekend. 

Padres have a hard hitting team, and the pitching to contend. Cards got playoff experience. I say 2-1 Padres for that reason.

I say Reds pull the upset, they have such strong pitching to carry them in a short series. They just gotta get enough runs to win. Braves have a high scoring offense, but I think pitching wins this. 2-1 Reds.

Cubs and Marlins will be interesting. No name team type, that normally kills the Cubs, so a worry. Also, every year the Marlins have made the playoffs, they have won the world series (1997, a really great year :)  and 2003) Should be a good series.

The Cubs/Marlins game 1 will be at 1pm CST at Wrigley on ESPN/ABC I think

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I wont pick the Cubs series. The Dodgers should beat Brewers in 2 games, they have guys lined up and Brewers lost top pitcher this weekend. 

Padres have a hard hitting team, and the pitching to contend. Cards got playoff experience. I say 2-1 Padres for that reason.

I say Reds pull the upset, they have such strong pitching to carry them in a short series. They just gotta get enough runs to win. Braves have a high scoring offense, but I think pitching wins this. 2-1 Reds.

Cubs and Marlins will be interesting. No name team type, that normally kills the Cubs, so a worry. Also, every year the Marlins have made the playoffs, they have won the world series (1997, a really great year :)  and 2003) Should be a good series.

The Cubs/Marlins game 1 will be at 1pm CST at Wrigley on ESPN/ABC I think

I will go 2-0 Dodgers

My upset is Cards 2-1 over Padres. Cards have a knack for that.

Braves 2-1 over Reds

Cubs 2-1 over Marlins

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will go 2-0 Dodgers

My upset is Cards 2-1 over Padres. Cards have a knack for that.

Braves 2-1 over Reds

Cubs 2-1 over Marlins

This is pretty much the way I see this going, too.  Tough match up for the Cardinals against the Padres, but if we get good starts from Waino and Flaherty, then we can win this series.  Padres starting pitching is not great and not very good if Lamet isn't back for this series.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

#1 Dodgers vs #8 Brewers

#4 Padres vs #5 Cards

#2 Braves vs #7 Reds

#3 Cubs vs #6 Marlins 

#1 Dodgers vs #8 Brewers - Dodgers

#4 Padres vs #5 Cards - Padres

#2 Braves vs #7 Reds - Braves

#3 Cubs vs #6 Marlins - Cubs

Chalk, I guess.

I'll be rooting for the winner of the Padres/Cardinals to win it all.

In the AL pretty much anyone except the Yankees and the Astros.

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

This is pretty much the way I see this going, too.  Tough match up for the Cardinals against the Padres, but if we get good starts from Waino and Flaherty, then we can win this series.  Padres starting pitching is not great and not very good if Lamet isn't back for this series.

Ya I did not realize how bad their pitching injuries were and they may not go. I am still sticking Padres, but close games

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Let's predict the AL first round, too.  My Picks in Bold

1) Rays 2

8) Blue Jays 0

4) Indians 1

5) Yankees 2

3) Twins 2

6) Astros 0

2) A's 2

7) White Sox 1

I am with you on who wins from AL but added how many games I think each win. Astros like the Brewers, backed in with a losing record

8 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Let's predict the AL first round, too.  My Picks in Bold

1) Rays

8) Blue Jays

4) Indians

5) Yankees

3) Twins

6) Astros

2) A's

7) White Sox

I agree with all your picks from the AL.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

#1 Dodgers vs #8 Brewers - Dodgers

#4 Padres vs #5 Cards - Padres

#2 Braves vs #7 Reds - Braves

#3 Cubs vs #6 Marlins - Cubs

Chalk, I guess.

I'll be rooting for the winner of the Padres/Cardinals to win it all.

In the AL pretty much anyone except the Yankees and the Astros.

Cards will win their series. Pitching wins in the postseason.

Bad game by the Cubs. Defense wasnt the strongest. Hendricks command was off badly (3 walks for first time since his first start of 2019). Offense not getting hits. All it took was one inning by Marlins to win, Jeffress has regressed sadly, and Ross left Kyle in too long as like I said, he was commanding his pitches today.

They need Darvish to pitch like an Ace tomorrow and the Offense to finally get some hits at Home or else season is over. Marlins are an annoying playoff team as they have never lost a series in their history, so not good. 

Also, NHL has the right idea, having teams broadcast their first rounds games so you can hear your usual announcers, I hate hearing ESPN/TBS announcers and will hate FOX later

Well that didn't start out well. Hendricks had 1 bad inning but that is all it took. Thankfully this is the best of 3. We need Yu to bring his A game tomorrow. I figured this would be a tough series that is why I picked us in 3. I hope the season doesn't end tomorrow because it has been a fun year winning the Division, etc..

The Cardinal bats came alive.  Carlson finally showed some life.  Bader looked like crap though.  Missed a play on defense that wasn't too hard to make.  He also struck out swinging all 5 times he was at the plate.  I'm guessing he won't play today except in a pinch hitting way.  

I do hate the DH.

Bummer in the AL as the 2 teams I don't want to win have already won their series (Yankees and Astros).  

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well that didn't start out well. Hendricks had 1 bad inning but that is all it took. Thankfully this is the best of 3. We need Yu to bring his A game tomorrow. I figured this would be a tough series that is why I picked us in 3. I hope the season doesn't end tomorrow because it has been a fun year winning the Division, etc..

Well it is at least not ending today. We will have a game tomorrow and then Saturday if necessary due to the weather issues. They need the bats to light a fire and do what they did over the weekends. Give Yu some breathing room. We really needs the bats. Maybe give Jobu some rum. 

Also Reds eliminated in a sweep. They scored no runs in the series. In 22 innings. At least we scored a run. 

We just need to score more so that we dont need a shutout to win

Archived