Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The problem Thames could have will appear in about a month once his newness wears off

He was a legend in Korea, hitting a ton of HRs there. I realize the ballparks in America are bigger than over there, but it seems to not be a fluke up to this point. He could get figured out, but it will definitely take more than a month, considering all the teams available. I think he had a 6.7% K rate or something to that extent so far, which is amazing for a guy his size. That's like Mookie Betts territory. He won't be Barry Bonds, but he could be one of those guys that comes from Korea and makes a big impact.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

He was a legend in Korea, hitting a ton of HRs there. I realize the ballparks in America are bigger than over there, but it seems to not be a fluke up to this point. He could get figured out, but it will definitely take more than a month, considering all the teams available. I think he had a 6.7% K rate or something to that extent so far, which is amazing for a guy his size. That's like Mookie Betts territory. He won't be Barry Bonds, but he could be one of those guys that comes from Korea and makes a big impact.

I used a month because that is about the time when all the NL Central teams would have faced him

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I will never understand PED use. This issue is pretty much just MLB out of the Big 4 professional sports leagues. I just don't understand why players continuously do them year in and year out

PED use is a problem in football too but fans don't seem to look down upon it the way they do with baseball players.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I used a month because that is about the time when all the NL Central teams would have faced him

Fair enough, I would have to check what types of pitchers he has beat up on so far to make a decision about how I feel on him going forward. If he can hit against Aces, as well as average Joe pitchers, then I'll be higher on him than most people. It's early, so you never know. He's just very noticeable as he's helping that Brewers team big time right now.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

PED use is  problem in football too but fans don't seem to look down upon it the way they do with baseball players.

Bingo. In fact most fans think it's ok if their own players do it or even sometimes if other players do it for the simple fact they don't like Roger Goddell, and if something happens that's negative, it has to be his fault.

Just now, NFLfan said:

PED use is  problem in football too but fans don't seem to look down upon it the way they do with baseball players.

Not as big a problem with NFL though. But definitely more than NBA and NHL. The only recent player I can recall from the NBA was Rashard Lewis. I really don't understand that lol. MLB has PED problems on the reg

10 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I will never understand PED use. This issue is pretty much just MLB out of the Big 4 professional sports leagues. I just don't understand why players continuously do them year in and year out

Colts lost players to that last year and year before.

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Not as big a problem with NFL though. But definitely more than NBA and NHL. The only recent player I can recall from the NBA was Rashard Lewis. I really don't understand that lol. MLB has PED problems on the reg

While I understand there are many more football players in the league than there are baseball players in the major leagues, it seems that there are more reports of PED use in football. It seems like every month there are reports of football players being suspended for using PEDs. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

While I understand there are many more football players in the league than there are baseball players in the major leagues, it seems that there are more reports of PED use in football. It seems like every month there are reports of football players being suspended for using PEDs. 

Its so common unless a big name we don't pay attention unless it effects our teams.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Its so common unless a big name we don't pay attention unless it effects our teams.

I will for fantasy purposes, because i have money on the line. Especially for yearly fantasy that causes you to lose a player for a heavy chunk of the year. Usually you'll hear about it on sites like cbssports, but it won't affect us the majority of the time. All you can do is hope everyone is staying out of trouble, for the team's sake.

13 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I guess I know about them because I read a lot of articles from ProFootballTalk while I am going to and from work. Lots of football players get suspended for 4 or more games. Lance Johnson, the Eagles OL, missed 10 games this past year. That means he has been suspended before. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are getting smoked tonight, looking at 5 straight losses. I am still not worried but didn't expect this. That is Baseball for ya!

Exactly Brother its to early to worry, if there is problems time to correct them.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are getting smoked tonight, looking at 5 straight losses. I am still not worried but didn't expect this. That is Baseball for ya!

What is the score? Who was the starting pitcher?

The one good thing about this Mets game is that Zack Wheeler pitched pretty well again -- 5 inn, 4 hits, 1 run, 7 Ks, 2 BB (99 pitches). He missed two full seasons following Tommy John surgery. This was his 3rd game since his return.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

What is the score? Who was the starting pitcher?

The one good thing about this Mets game is that Zack Wheeler pitched pretty well again -- 5 inn, 4 hits, 1 run, 7 Ks, 2 BB (99 pitches). He missed two full seasons following Tommy John surgery. 

Brett Anderson and he got drilled! Last I looked it was 6-2 Brew Crew.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah no doubt. It's now 7-4 Brew Crew, the Cubs are giving up a lot of runs this season. The Bullpen is a huge concern. That is why I loved ol Chap!

On Sunday, I was listening to the Yankees broadcast on the radio. The announcers were saying that if the Yankees have the lead going to the 8th, they will win because of Chapman and Betances (spelling ?).

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs just took the lead 8-7! Can the BullPen hold it though? Great comeback after being down 6-2.

If the Mets had the Cubs hitters, they would win nearly every game. The starters have been that good.

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

If the Mets had the Cubs hitters, they would win nearly every game. The starters have been that good.

I expect nothing less , pitching and D can win Championships you don't have to have a killer offense.

Archived