Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will see where this goes but as of now the Cubs have a 70% chance of winning the NL Central.

Standings as of August 27th are:

Cubs 18-12 - only 30 games left

Cards 11-11 (3 back)

Brewers 13-17 (5 back)

Reds 13-17 (5 back)

Pirates 9-19 (8 back)

To me the Cards only being 3 back is still scary and they have 1 less loss. 5 is a good lead IMO which we have over the Brewers and Reds.

Getting swept by the Pirates was embarrassing!  Just when I thought the Cardinals were putting things together, they trip over themselves and should have at least split that twinbill.  But, we have 38 games left to make a run at the Cubs, although a lot more double headers on the schedule.

Trade Deadline is looming...anyone think there will be any major deals?  Obviously, this has been a one of a kind season.

Post any predictions here.

I don't see the Cardinals doing anything this year...still have several on the COVID list, so if they can get some of those guys back in action it will almost be like making a deal.

1 minute ago, Barry Sears said:

Trade Deadline is looming...anyone think there will be any major deals?  Obviously, this has been a one of a kind season.

Post any predictions here.

I don't see the Cardinals doing anything this year...still have several on the COVID list, so if they can get some of those guys back in action it will almost be like making a deal.

I don't see the Cubs doing anything either. Cards are still very much in this. Cubs have been below average lately IMO. That 13-3 start is why they are in 1st, 5-9 since. 

Dan McLaughlin said he doesn't think the Cardinals will do anything at the deadline. I agree with him. Cardinals haven't done much at the deadline in awhile. I'm not sure we'll see many trades with the expanded playoffs. More teams will think they're still in contention. The NL is still pretty wide open imo too.

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Getting swept by the Pirates was embarrassing!  Just when I thought the Cardinals were putting things together, they trip over themselves and should have at least split that twinbill.  But, we have 38 games left to make a run at the Cubs, although a lot more double headers on the schedule.

Hopefully the Indians trade Pleasac.

He is just setting on my fantasy baseball roster.

Apparently lying about it, like Clevenger gets you back on the roster, before telling the truth about what you did? Sounds about right.

17 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Cardinals got swept tonight in a doubleheader by the Pirates. Not good at all. Offense has been nonexistent.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow, I did not see that and I follow most days. Cubs aren't playing today but we let the Tigers take 2 of 3. Almost just as bad.

The Brewers also got swept yesterday in a doubleheader by the Reds. So Cubs dont play but increase both leads by a game

57 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hopefully the Indians trade Pleasac.

He is just setting on my fantasy baseball roster.

Apparently lying about it, like Clevenger gets you back on the roster, before telling the truth about what you did? Sounds about right.

There also may be more to it than what is public. And the other players may have reasons for allowing Clev back but not Pleasac. 

Also, at least you dont have 6 IL guys like one of my league mates

14 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

There also may be more to it than what is public. And the other players may have reasons for allowing Clev back but not Pleasac. 

Also, at least you dont have 6 IL guys like one of my league mates

I got 4 IL guys thoughy main keepers were on there last few weeks.

Judge 

Acuna

Strasburg

Salvador Perez(non keeper)

Judge and Acuna came back. Judge went back to IL and now Merrill Kelly is out for year. I

To top that off Gavin Lux was a keeper and I've just been rostering him,  because Dodgers are happy with Muncy batting .190 and Hernandez hitting in the .220s-.230's

Only good thing is Im defending champ.

To the first point though, Clevenger literally lies to organization and teammates about his participation.

Seem to be trying to trade him, just crazy you bring back the guy who lied and not the guy who was honest about it.

21 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Cardinals got blasted last night by the Indians. 14-2. Jeez. Not a good night for the Cardinals at all. Ponce de Leon was once again inefficient. Time for him to be booted from the rotation. 

Cubs lost again too, to the Reds. Cubs are being gift wrapped this division and can't even take advantage of it.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, Hey Strop chelsea peretti no GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

3 hours ago, HOZER said:

I knew the hot start was too good to be true...feels like the Cubs are getting stuck in the mud again like last season. :facepalm: Read a comment earlier saying they should bring Strop back........

image.thumb.png.0632445533213508b610b3cf41a021ed.png

I would like them to bring back Strop in a non-player role. I think he could be good to have around the team and Baez even more so. 

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry to jinx the Mets like that :facepalm:. Cubs are up 3-0 over the Reds in the 6th so far. So things looking better today.

I thought the Cubs had a better record.  I thought they were 28-7 or something like that. They seemed to be winning every game.

The Mets  :facepalm: . But we did sweep the Yanks before your jinx. haha

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I would like them to bring back Strop in a non-player role. I think he could be good to have around the team and Baez even more so. 

I’d be down with that, he was a great motivational type.

Archived