Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Swept. 

Although I am not happy about it either, we are still 6-6 and it's extremely early. There are a lot of teams from last season playing worse than us that are projected to go deep in the Playoffs. Indians are 5-7, Giants 5-9, Cards are 3-8, BlueJays 2-10 so it could be worse. Our BullPen isn't what it was last season and I was so hoping we would offer Chap a huge deal but we didn't, so when we bring these guys in now it is really shaky! This is why we got Chapman last season.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Finally a Whitesox fan in here! and you are a good Poster on the NFL Threads. Please Post here more, Go Cubs though!

Bunch of bandwagon Cub fans here, can't stand em. :peek:JK, you guys suffered through a lot. It'll be a long season in that division with the Reds better and the Pirates and Cards always in it.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Bunch of bandwagon Cub fans here, can't stand em. :peek:JK, you guys suffered through a lot. It'll be a long season in that division with the Reds better and the Pirates and Cards always in it.

Not sure what to think hearing this from a Braves Fan haha

I always have rooted for them(Braves) except when they are playing the Cubs

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure what to think hearing this from a Braves Fan haha

I always have rooted for them(Braves) except when they are playing the Cubs

I'm just joking with you guys. I honestly was surprised that the majority were Cubs fans here though when I got on the thread. I thought it'd be more of a variety, but that goes with a lot of people here being from Indiana, and the Cubs somewhat close (along with St. Louis and such). I actually love the Cubs players personally and it's been built the right way (through the draft), as opposed to the Yankees until Steinbrenner died and now they have a plethora of talent from trades coming through the minors. I was very jealous when you got Bryant 2nd overall, and that was a cardinal sin by the Astros that could of made them world series contenders.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have actually been a Cubs fan since 1984 but I get what you are saying, a lot of people just band wagon to teams that win it all. I started watching them in 1984 on WGN and Indiana didn't have a Baseball team so I just loved them. Great thing about the internet, you can go back and look at all my Posts and in 2015 it shows I was a Cubs fan and the Mets swept us in the NLCS.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have actually been a Cubs fan since 1984 but I get what you are saying, a lot of people just band wagon to teams that win it all. I started watching them in 1984 on WGN and Indiana didn't have a Baseball team so I just loved them. Great thing about the internet, you can go back and look at all my Posts and in 2015 it shows I was a Cubs fan and the Mets swept us in the NLCS.

I believe you 100%. This is probably the most pure sports forum site on the internet. Almost every poster here is solid in some way. It is funny when you go to site such as cbssports and see the trash talking and bandwagoning from people that liked other teams just a year ago. Don't even get me started on facebook, lol. I don't even visit it anymore except to talk with friends (no posting). To be a lifelong fan of that team and finally win it all has to be one of the best feelings in the world. I'm fortunate, as a Braves fan, I got a world series win at 8 years old and so many consecutive division wins.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I believe you 100%. This is probably the most pure sports forum site on the internet. Almost every poster here is solid in some way. It is funny when you go to site such as cbssports and see the trash talking and bandwagoning from people that liked other teams just a year ago. Don't even get me started on facebook, lol. I don't even visit it anymore except to talk with friends (no posting). To be a lifelong fan of that team and finally win it all has to be one of the best feelings in the world. I'm fortunate, as a Braves fan, I got a world series win at 8 years old and so many consecutive division wins.

You get that a lot with people that Post on ESPN as well.

21 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

My White Sox won today so I'm happy!

Yes welcome to the thread feel free to chime in. Most folks here are fans of the Game not just supporters of respective teams. Glad to have a Sox fan here to keep us up to speed.

27 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes welcome to the thread feel free to chime in. Most folks here are fans of the Game not just supporters of respective teams. Glad to have a Sox fan here to keep us up to speed.

Thanks. Yeah they're alright so far. Avisail Garcia has been the best surprise to begin the season. Quintana has been disappointing and James Shields has been great. Play the Bankees tonight

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Thanks. Yeah they're alright so far. Avisail Garcia has been the best surprise to begin the season. Quintana has been disappointing and James Shields has been great. Play the Bankees tonight

Good Luck they are pretty good.

18 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

You are welcome to join us here. But do know that we do have Yankees fans that post here too. 

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I'm sure. I'll say Yankees if the other name offends them

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

We all get along very well here. I would like that to continue. We want all to feel welcome.

As I said we are all fans of the game and yes we have always got along , very uncommon in the forum.

On 4/16/2017 at 10:13 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm just joking with you guys. I honestly was surprised that the majority were Cubs fans here though when I got on the thread. I thought it'd be more of a variety, but that goes with a lot of people here being from Indiana, and the Cubs somewhat close (along with St. Louis and such). I actually love the Cubs players personally and it's been built the right way (through the draft), as opposed to the Yankees until Steinbrenner died and now they have a plethora of talent from trades coming through the minors. I was very jealous when you got Bryant 2nd overall, and that was a cardinal sin by the Astros that could of made them world series contenders.

No problem

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@Jay Kirk, @NFLfan, @BrentMc11, @Jared Cisneros, @2006Coltsbestever, @coltsfansince65, @buccolts, @GOZER, @Myles

Who is your surprise team so far

For me it has been the Reds

Yes, I was going to write this earlier. I saw them beating the Orioles 6-1 in the bottom of the second earlier. My guy Cozart that I wanted my team to trade for 2 years ago is having a great year, hitting well over .400. 

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@Jay Kirk, @NFLfan, @BrentMc11, @Jared Cisneros, @2006Coltsbestever, @coltsfansince65, @buccolts, @GOZER, @Myles

Reds definitely. The other is my Yankees so far. I figured with all the youngsters there would be some growing pains at least early on. They have been a pleasant surprise so far.

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Reds and Brewers. Both have been very good. Reds have just gotten off to a very strong start. Brewers have Thames and he is crushing the ball. Him and the pitching could have them compete with the Cubs for the division.

22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Likewise PT not shabby at all . The key is will it last the whole season very early. I don't expect the Cubs and Cards to play like this and Cubs down 3-0 in 3rd. Brewers surprising early as well.

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Reds and Brewers. Both have been very good. Reds have just gotten off to a very strong start. Brewers have Thames and he is crushing the ball. Him and the pitching could have them compete with the Cubs for the division.

The problem Thames could have will appear in about a month once his newness wears off

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Likewise PT not shabby at all . The key is will it last the whole season very early. I don't expect the Cubs and Cards to play like this and Cubs down 3-0 in 3rd. Brewers surprising early as well.

Cubs and Cardinals will definitely get it together. I hope they don't though lol

Archived