Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

28 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, I think it’s in his head. He’s been ace early for each game, but when it’s all on him at the end he seems to fade. 

Moustakas being out has really been noticeable, which is saying something considering we only got him for one game haha...

Yeah Moose is a very important player, he won some games playing with the Brewers. Regarding Votto, he drilled that pitch but it was just a perfect line out that Almora was able to get. He made great contact though.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last I looked Cubs were up 6-3 in the 9th. I will take beating the Reds at least twice in a 4 game series all day if it happens. Winning the 1st 2 makes it a possibility that the Cubs could take 3 of 4. Hendricks is pitching tomorrow. It is a 4 game set.

8-3 

Baez Homered 

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! Cubs defeat the Reds 8-5 and go to 4-1 on the season and lead the NL Central. Fly the flag @HOZER

You guys have looked good. The Reds continue to be a disappointment like usual haha... 

I had a feeling we were too hyped up. At some point we’re going to have to spend the big $$$ to get a strong manager. It’s been mediocre since Dusty left. 

28 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

You guys have looked good. The Reds continue to be a disappointment like usual haha... 

I had a feeling we were too hyped up. At some point we’re going to have to spend the big $$$ to get a strong manager. It’s been mediocre since Dusty left. 

You don't like Bell?

51 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not really. He’s had a trend that started last year where he pulls his starters way too early. 

Strangely Maddon did that a lot unless Jake or Hendricks was pitching. He even did it with Lester quite a bit. Other than Chapman we have had a suspect bullpen too since 2016. I am nervous when they come in lmao 

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah this is the 1st one this season where I do this go away pink GIF by Hacklock, flushing the toilet haha. 9-0 Reds. 

It happens. Starting the year at 4-2 is still very good. 

But this does show a problem for this year for everyone: players who normally play with the sniffles are going to be out for days, and that means potential losses. 

I don’t even know where to start with how the Marlins season is turning out. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs still have 1 weakness and it is their bullpen. That is major actually. It has been like that since Chapman left after 2016.

Apparently it’s our weakness too. Our closer’s era after tonight is 18.00. That’s absolutely atrocious lol... 

Good game Cubs fans, your team is going to be tough this year! 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs still have 1 weakness and it is their bullpen. 

The Mets bullpen is pretty bad too. Two of the 3 games the Mets have lost were games they were winning in the late innings, including one with 2 outs in the 9th with a one-run lead.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets bullpen is pretty bad too. Two of the 3 games the Mets have lost were games they were winning in the late innings, including one with 2 outs in the 9th with a one-run lead.

Yeah, that’s very frustrating, completely undoes the work of the starter. 

Hey guys, I'm back...was on vacation (at home) for the past week and was able to catch some baseball.   I took a break from this Forum and the internet, in general.

After a nice start, the Cardinals have dropped 3 straight and now face the Brewers.

Cubs look good so far and the NL Central will be interesting in this short season.  We lost Mikolas for the year and Carlos Martinez got pounded in his first start.  So, our pitching has not looked very good, with the exception of Wainwright's start.

But, we'll see what happens...going to be lots of ups and downs in the short season, but games mean even more than they would in a 162 game season.  I heard that each game in the 60 game season is the equivalent of 2.7 games in a regular 162 game season.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Hey guys, I'm back...was on vacation (at home) for the past week and was able to catch some baseball.   I took a break from this Forum and the internet, in general.

After a nice start, the Cardinals have dropped 3 straight and now face the Brewers.

Cubs look good so far and the NL Central will be interesting in this short season.  We lost Mikolas for the year and Carlos Martinez got pounded in his first start.  So, our pitching has not looked very good, with the exception of Wainwright's start.

But, we'll see what happens...going to be lots of ups and downs in the short season, but games mean even more than they would in a 162 game season.  I heard that each game in the 60 game season is the equivalent of 2.7 games in a regular 162 game season.

If I’ve learning anything over the years of following baseball, it’s that you never count the Cardinals out. They’ll find a way to the postseason someway, they nearly always do haha...

I'm afraid if the trend of players testing positive and/or contracting Covid-19 at the rate it's been going for the first week of the season, then I have serious doubts that MLB will finish the current season.

Won't be surprised if MLB shuts down by mid-August.

6 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I'm afraid if the trend of players testing positive and/or contracting Covid-19 at the rate it's been going for the first week of the season, then I have serious doubts that MLB will finish the current season.

Won't be surprised if MLB shuts down by mid-August.

The year I buy Extra Innings

Archived