Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, HOZER said:

2DB1AD0F-54F4-4B1F-8B44-F2326A20E743.jpeg.2c9637dd5ab80eca12b71d6060647424.jpeg

Lets this happen 40 or so times going forward, let's win them all 

not likely, but I am fully on board this season!!!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

11 Marlin's Players have tested positive for Covid. Their game tonight is postponed as well as the Phillies where they just played. BAL is planning to return home from Miami and if they do play it would be games in BAL per reports.

COVID-19 is creating lots of problems. I can't see how football will be played. Some football players (OL, DL) are at higher risk because of their weight. It is a mess. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

COVID-19 is creating lots of problems. I can't see how football will be played. Some football players (OL, DL) are at higher risk because of their weight. It is a mess. 

Basketball has it right, hardly nobody is testing positive because they are in a bubble. The NBA is going to finish the season IMO.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Basketball has it right, hardly nobody is testing positive because they are in a bubble. The NBA is going to finish the season IMO.

The WNBA has us right

The NBA has players going clubbing 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs up 6-0 over the Reds after the 2nd. Great stuff!

Reds just don’t have it tonight. This makes the David Bell’s decisions against the Tigers even more baffling. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is indeed a mess. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is a bubble? Is the NBA playing now? I thought their season starts in October or November?

Just now, NFLfan said:

What is a bubble? Is the NBA playing now? I thought their season starts in October or November?

WNBA started this past weekend  NBA starts this weekend

All NBA teams are in Orlando all WNBA are at IMG Academy

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was surprised when I seen the score.

Yeah. Moustakas is out with an “illness”, and I’m wondering if the virus is in some of the player’s heads tonight with everything going on. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah. Moustakas is out with an “illness”, and I’m wondering if the virus is in some of the player’s heads tonight with everything going on. 

Is it Cenzel that is out too

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

No Cubs have tested positive for Corona yet. 

Fly the flag Hozer, Cubs win 8-7. Now 3-1 on the season. Reds had one hell of a comeback but we held them off. We are now 3-1 in the division, I will take that all day. Lester got the win.

Yup, was sweating bullets there at the end. Will take the W whatever

(I was cussing the bullpen... full disclosure) LOL

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jmac_48 said:

Yup, was sweating bullets there at the end. Will take the W whatever

(I was cussing the bullpen... full disclosure) LOL

The bullpen had issues last year too. I was getting mad myself lmao . I was thinking no way we blow this do we??

• Like 2

Yeah that was a gut wrenching ending especially with Votto up with bases loaded. Kimbrel isn't cutting the mustard in my book, he wasn't good last year either. I miss Chapman.

oprah winfrey relax GIF

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Well it was nice to see the Reds actually show up. For a while there I thought it was gonna be the same ole Reds. 

I felt like I was going have heart attack following that game, I was at work on top of it lmao . Reds are dangerous. I thought for sure the Reds were going to win when Votto came up with bases loaded. I even told a co-worker it is over haha . 

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I felt like I was going have heart attack following that game, I was at work on top of it lmao . Reds are dangerous. I thought for sure the Reds were going to win when Votto came up with bases loaded. I even told a co-worker it is over haha . 

Votto’s usually clutch for that stuff, but he’s not the player he used to be for sure. 

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Also don't forget about the NHL. They begin in Aug. 1 with their qualifying games. They are in Edmonton WC and Toronto EC for that  and Stanley Cup will be in Toronto. They too will be in a bubble environment

18 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The WNBA has us right

The NBA has players going clubbing 

As 2006 said only one guy, and he was out of bubble for funeral originally, not stuck in quarantine for 10 days. Anyone else who leaves bubble gets a few days. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Votto’s usually clutch for that stuff, but he’s not the player he used to be for sure. 

I am curious with him, He had the last two nights with game tying run on third. I am use to him normally being able to drive them in. I wonder if it is his age or something else

48 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am curious with him, He had the last two nights with game tying run on third. I am use to him normally being able to drive them in. I wonder if it is his age or something else

Yeah, I think it’s in his head. He’s been ace early for each game, but when it’s all on him at the end he seems to fade. 

Moustakas being out has really been noticeable, which is saying something considering we only got him for one game haha...