Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Dude it was over after three...

Hendricks was amazing!

Hope they keep it up!

 

Hope you have a good day at work.

Yeah I seen where we were up 2-0 before I went to bed. Glad we held the lead. The Professor dominated. Yu is pitching today. Welcome to the thread my friend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5762

  • NFLfan

    2258

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1830

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I seen where we were up 2-0 before I went to bed. Glad we held the lead. The Professor dominated. Yu is pitching today. Welcome to the thread my friend.

 

You all seem so excited. haha

 

It is great to have sports back. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that I hope you're home to watch the end of the game...

I'm retired so all I got is time to watch Cubs, Colts, and golf

Hope things keep going in a positive direction!!!

GO CUBS GO 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

You know that I hope you're home to watch the end of the game...

I'm retired so all I got is time to watch Cubs, Colts, and golf

Hope things keep going in a positive direction!!!

GO CUBS GO 

I work all day on Saturday on Sunday's normally but it is usually quiet for some of the day on weekends. I will be able to follow the game here at work and chat a little. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Whoops forgot the Pacers

I'm just a sports fan in Indy 

lots of fun, whoops don't forget Hoosier basketball.

 

Yeah I am Colts, Pacers, and Cubs fan. I still love my Hoosier basketball too but haven't followed them as much since Bobby left.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

I'm retired so all I got is time to watch Cubs, Colts, and golf

Hope things keep going in a positive direction!!!

GO CUBS GO 

 

Is golf back on? I am one of the few here who enjoys watching golf. I miss not seeing the Players Championship, the Masters, and the two Opens. Golf is relaxing as opposed to football that makes my blood pressure go up. 

 

You're going to enjoy this thread. The folks here are civil with each other despite being fans of different teams. 

 

Did the Cards win? I don't see @Barry Sears and @Jay Kirk.

 

@RollerColt How did the Reds do?

 

@buccolts How are your Bucs?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Start paying attention they are putting something together with Miller, the next two years could be epic...

I'm as passionate about the Hoosiers as I am about the Colts, or just crazy???

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Start paying attention they are putting something together with Miller, the next two years could be epic...

I'm as passionate about the Hoosiers as I am about the Colts, or just crazy???

Davis took us to the finals in 2002 but that was Bobby's players. I believe it was 2013 when Crean had Zeller and Oladipo playing at their A game but lost in sweet 16. Hoosiers were rated #1 at one point that season. I grew up watching Hoosier basketball, I remember the 1981 team like it was yesterday. Isiah was unreal and I met Ray Tolbert at Bally's. 1987 really sticks out too with Alford and Smart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Has anyone seen @NorthernBlue? I have not seen a post by him in ages. He is one of the classiest fans around. I hope he is okay. His Nationals are the reigning champs.

I haven't seen him lately. I am happy for him that the Nats finally broke through. Them and the Cubs both finally got it done after years of heartbreak.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Davis took us to the finals in 2002 but that was Bobby's players. I believe it was 2013 when Crean had Zeller and Oladipo playing at their A game but lost in sweet 16. Hoosiers were rated #1 at one point that season. I grew up watching Hoosier basketball, I remember the 1981 team like it was yesterday. Isiah was unreal and I met Ray Tolbert at Bally's. 1987 really sticks out too with Alford and Smart. 

Like I said...

Pay attention things are getting back to where they should be... but I'm a diehard that wants to see another banner in Assembly Hall 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't seen him lately. I am happy for him that the Nats finally broke through. Them and the Cubs both finally got it done after years of heartbreak.

 

All of you celebrated championships but me. Vikings never won and the Mets won when I was in high school. It is time for the Mets to win. DeGrom was lights out yesterday. But as usual, the Mets don't score for him and he gets a no-decision. 

 

I will miss Thor this year (Tommy John surgery).

 

major league baseball sport GIF by SNY

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

All of you celebrated championships but me. Vikings never won and the Mets won when I was in high school. It is time for the Mets to win. DeGrom was lights out yesterday. But as usual, the Mets don't score for him and he gets a no-decision. 

 

I will miss Thor this year (Tommy John surgery).

 

major league baseball sport GIF by SNY

Yeah you know how I feel about the 1986 Mets. Since I have been watching baseball which was the late 70's, I have them rated the 2nd best team I have ever seen only behind the 1998 Yankees. I have the 2016 Cubs 3rd. The Vikings should've won it all in 1998, that team was so loaded.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching that video showing players and fans with all that spontaneous excitement and joy is great. I will miss that this year. 

 

But, glad to have baseball back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Watching that video with all that spontaneous excitement is great. I will miss that this year. 

 

But, glad to have baseball back.

When I was watching the Cubs game last night, it wasn't real noticeable that there were no fans in the stands. They have done a good job with that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I have been watching baseball, which was roughly 1978, the 4 best teams I have ever seen live were the:

1. 1998 Yankees = 114-48

2. 1986 Mets = 108-54

3. 2016 Cubs = 103-58 (only played 161 games that season)

4. 1984 Tigers = 104-58

-All of these teams won the WS of course.

 

 

-I think the 2016 Cubs were a hair better than the 1984 Tigers talent wise but it is close. Anyway that would be my Final 4. I was too young to remember teams like the Big Red machine of 1975/1976, just a tad before my time. Unfortunately I don't remember the 1976 Hoosiers either that went undefeated in basketball, I was only 5 years old when that happened.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

Is golf back on? I am one of the few here who enjoys watching golf. I miss not seeing the Players Championship, the Masters, and the two Opens. Golf is relaxing as opposed to football that makes my blood pressure go up. 

 

You're going to enjoy this thread. The folks here are civil with each other despite being fans of different teams. 

 

Did the Cards win? I don't see @Barry Sears and @Jay Kirk.

 

@RollerColt How did the Reds do?

 

@buccolts How are your Bucs?

Reds won a comfortable 7-1. Now it’s only the Tigers, but man Sonny Gray was lit. And Moustakas? 3 for 4 with a homer and 4 rbis. What a way to start as a Red. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Is golf back on? I am one of the few here who enjoys watching golf. I miss not seeing the Players Championship, the Masters, and the two Opens. Golf is relaxing as opposed to football that makes my blood pressure go up. 

 

You're going to enjoy this thread. The folks here are civil with each other despite being fans of different teams. 

 

Did the Cards win? I don't see @Barry Sears and @Jay Kirk.

 

@RollerColt How did the Reds do?

 

@buccolts How are your Bucs?

 

The way I see this season for the Bucs is.... 

There's only 60 games.

We'll win more than 10

No one's winning 50

So, at worst we're no more than 20 games out.       :)

 

We're a couple of years out to get some of our good prospects up to the majors and making an impact. By that time a lot of the guys starting now will be on other teams.

Some of the prospects are on the expanded roster, so I'm looking forward to watching them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or have the umps strike zones been really bad this year? They appear to be to wide and to high, even low pitches in the strike zone dont get call. I have noticed this in multiple team's games. This is gonna be a long 60 if pitchers and hitters are just guessing where the strike zone will be on a given day. 

 

Also, boy does the Fox game suck. You get crappy announcers and also these stupid virtual fans thing they are doing. I wish the Cubs would stop being stuck in national games

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Is it just me or have the umps strike zones been really bad this year? They appear to be to wide and to high, even low pitches in the strike zone dont get call. I have noticed this in multiple team's games. This is gonna be a long 60 if pitchers and hitters are just guessing where the strike zone will be on a given day. 

 

Also, boy does the Fox game suck. You get crappy announcers and also these stupid virtual fans thing they are doing. I wish the Cubs would stop being stuck in national games

I prefer the Cubs announcers. I am at work, I see the Brewers are up 4-3 in the 6th. Long way to go. Is the game not on the Cubs network today?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of us who post comments here are fans of NL teams. What do you think about having the DH? I hear that it is here to stay. 

 

I have never been a fan of the DH. I love NL-style ball. I love timely hitting, walking, bunting, moving players over, etc. I hope the DH is not permanent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even worse than the DH is this change in playoff format. The top two teams in each division makes the playoffs and there is an additional "wild card" team. Is that right?? 

 

I don't like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Even worse than the DH is this change in playoff format. The top two teams in each division makes the playoffs and there is an additional "wild card" team. Is that right?? 

 

I don't like it.

It is just for this year because of the short season. Next season it will go back to normal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I prefer the Cubs announcers. I am at work, I see the Brewers are up 4-3 in the 6th. Long way to go. Is the game not on the Cubs network today?

It was not they had national broadcast on Fox today. I am jealous of teams like the Tigers that never have to be on that channel. Their announcers are just not good and always bother me. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Even worse than the DH is this change in playoff format. The top two teams in each division makes the playoffs and there is an additional "wild card" team. Is that right?? 

 

I don't like it.

 

I like having the DH, but then again I was born during interleague play so I am use to seeing NL play games with it yearly. I also like it just to protect pitchers. The Cubs a couple years ago had Strop get injured during a game while he was running to first while batting. He ended up not being the same even the next year from it.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is just for this year because of the short season. Next season it will go back to normal.

While this current is for this year, I wouldnt be surprised to see them add a 6th team. I kinda like that idea. Best of 3 for lower 4 bye for top two. Plus it is likely to see expansion in the near future to get to 32 and make it 4 divisions which having six playoff spots would leave 2 WC just like NFL had been till this year

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

 

I like having the DH, but then again I was born during interleague play so I am use to seeing NL play games with it yearly. I also like it just to protect pitchers. The Cubs a couple years ago had Strop get injured during a game while he was running to first while batting. He ended up not being the same even the next year from it.

While this current is for this year, I wouldnt be surprised to see them add a 6th team. I kinda like that idea. Best of 3 for lower 4 bye for top two. Plus it is likely to see expansion in the near future to get to 32 and make it 4 divisions which having six playoff spots would leave 2 WC just like NFL had been till this year

I loved the NFL format but they added another team now. I liked 6 in and top 2 get Bye's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I loved the NFL format but they added another team now. I liked 6 in and top 2 get Bye's.

I did too, but they wanted more cash. I mean as long as they dont have expansion i am fine with it. On the otherhand if this had been format for the last 10 years, Patriots probably make less Championship games

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I did too, but they wanted more cash. I mean as long as they dont have expansion i am fine with it. On the otherhand if this had been format for the last 10 years, Patriots probably make less Championship games

Yeah if I am not mistaken the Pats have never won the SB without a Bye week. They took advantage of a weak division for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if I am not mistaken the Pats have never won the SB without a Bye week. They took advantage of a weak division for years.

They did indeed, if they didnt have that bye no way do they keep making the AFCCG just look at last year

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, there are some terrible changes. The Mets are in extra innings. The 10th inning starts with a free runner on second. If the runner scores it is an unearned run against the pitcher. 

 

The Mets gave up the run. Braves lead 3-2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is just for this year because of the short season. Next season it will go back to normal.

 

Are you sure? Many people have predicted that the NL will adopt the DH.

 

The Mets were one out from their second win. The closer blows the save. The Braves have scored 3 in the 8th. :(

 

Lol. I guess I can go out now. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting extra innings with a guy on 2nd reminds me of college football overtime. I don't like either one.

 

Anyway, game over. Mets lose 5-3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Are you sure? Many people have predicted that the NL will adopt the DH.

 

The Mets were one out from their second win. The closer blows the save. The Braves have scored 3 in the 8th. :(

 

Lol. I guess I can go out now. 

 

It is only agreed to for this season, but it is highly likely to be included in the next CBA 2022 season. It adds some extra jobs and protect pitchers. 

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Starting extra innings with a guy on 2nd reminds me of college football overtime. I don't like either one.

 

Anyway, game over. Mets lose 5-3. 

 

I hate MLB doing this way, but for just this season to protect pitchers it is fine. I actually like CFB OT rule, both teams get to have the ball on offense and then it is a fight from there. Plus if it gets to a certain point you cant kick and only TD and 2pts. I actually would like if they adopted it in the NFL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I’m a little surprised you don’t see a difference in dline play between  the two games.  I don’t have access to any of the services but I would suspect that The grades are significantly higher for the dline in Sunday compared to the Jax game.   but Sunday was even more dominant than i thought, and I thought it was dominant.  Between the opening drive during which MN gained 75 and scored a FG and their last meaningless drive for 75 yds and a TD, the Colts gave up a total of 25 other yds.    against Jax, we gave up around 60 yds rushing in the 1st half and the dline looked less than dominant then imo.  Jax had 5 of 8 drives during which they scored if you throw out the kneel downs at the end of each half.   Percentage of  tackles and sacks for linemen were very similar in both games.  You said that colts had more pressures during the mn game and I said probably a function of Jax short passing attack.   buckner had 6 tackles v Jax and 3 v mn.  He had no sacks v Jax but 1.5 tfl.  He had 1.5 sacks v mn but no other tfl.  Statistically counting sacks, tackles, and tfl he was “better” V Jax.  But you probably don’t think He was better Iwould suspect.   i would be shocked if the dline didn’t grade out higher v. Mn than Jax even though the tackles, tfl, and sacks were very similar over all.   im sure teams keep advanced stats that show a clearer pic of when a d lineman wins or loses on each Play that doesn’t necessarily match easier to see stats like tackles, etc.   do you have access to the grades?  I’d really be interested in the units grades in the two games.   i agree there can be other factors like obviously opponent strength and the play of LBs and dbs.  And mn looks like they might suck pretty bad surprisingly to me.  I think the main problem with lasts weeks game imo is the LBs are weak in coverage and Indy is as a result susceptible to short passing attacks.     that being said, rarely do dlines dominate the LOs like the colts did.   i maintain that a guy like Buckner and dts in general could have nit recorded a sack, had only a couple of tackles and be more dominant than In a game where he recorded a few tackles and a couple of sacks.    
    • Let's hire an exorcist!  
    • Didn't Nick Bosa get hurt this week too?
    • This might be helpful.
    • Mahomes vs. Jackson I would not say one is so much better than the other and I know stats, etc. may favor Mahomes but I think we are going to see a banner year for Jackson. Taking nothing away from the rookie Cardinal.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...