Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I seen where we were up 2-0 before I went to bed. Glad we held the lead. The Professor dominated. Yu is pitching today. Welcome to the thread my friend.

You all seem so excited. haha

It is great to have sports back. 

2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

You know that I hope you're home to watch the end of the game...

I'm retired so all I got is time to watch Cubs, Colts, and golf

Hope things keep going in a positive direction!!!

GO CUBS GO 

I work all day on Saturday on Sunday's normally but it is usually quiet for some of the day on weekends. I will be able to follow the game here at work and chat a little. 

14 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

I'm retired so all I got is time to watch Cubs, Colts, and golf

Hope things keep going in a positive direction!!!

GO CUBS GO 

Is golf back on? I am one of the few here who enjoys watching golf. I miss not seeing the Players Championship, the Masters, and the two Opens. Golf is relaxing as opposed to football that makes my blood pressure go up. 

You're going to enjoy this thread. The folks here are civil with each other despite being fans of different teams. 

Did the Cards win? I don't see @Barry Sears and @Jay Kirk.

@RollerColt How did the Reds do?

@buccolts How are your Bucs?

2 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Start paying attention they are putting something together with Miller, the next two years could be epic...

I'm as passionate about the Hoosiers as I am about the Colts, or just crazy???

Davis took us to the finals in 2002 but that was Bobby's players. I believe it was 2013 when Crean had Zeller and Oladipo playing at their A game but lost in sweet 16. Hoosiers were rated #1 at one point that season. I grew up watching Hoosier basketball, I remember the 1981 team like it was yesterday. Isiah was unreal and I met Ray Tolbert at Bally's. 1987 really sticks out too with Alford and Smart. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Has anyone seen @NorthernBlue? I have not seen a post by him in ages. He is one of the classiest fans around. I hope he is okay. His Nationals are the reigning champs.

I haven't seen him lately. I am happy for him that the Nats finally broke through. Them and the Cubs both finally got it done after years of heartbreak.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Davis took us to the finals in 2002 but that was Bobby's players. I believe it was 2013 when Crean had Zeller and Oladipo playing at their A game but lost in sweet 16. Hoosiers were rated #1 at one point that season. I grew up watching Hoosier basketball, I remember the 1981 team like it was yesterday. Isiah was unreal and I met Ray Tolbert at Bally's. 1987 really sticks out too with Alford and Smart. 

Like I said...

Pay attention things are getting back to where they should be... but I'm a diehard that wants to see another banner in Assembly Hall 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't seen him lately. I am happy for him that the Nats finally broke through. Them and the Cubs both finally got it done after years of heartbreak.

All of you celebrated championships but me. Vikings never won and the Mets won when I was in high school. It is time for the Mets to win. DeGrom was lights out yesterday. But as usual, the Mets don't score for him and he gets a no-decision. 

I will miss Thor this year (Tommy John surgery).

major league baseball sport GIF by SNY

All of you celebrated championships but me. Vikings never won and the Mets won when I was in high school. It is time for the Mets to win. DeGrom was lights out yesterday. But as usual, the Mets don't score for him and he gets a no-decision. 

I will miss Thor this year (Tommy John surgery).

major league baseball sport GIF by SNY

Yeah you know how I feel about the 1986 Mets. Since I have been watching baseball which was the late 70's, I have them rated the 2nd best team I have ever seen only behind the 1998 Yankees. I have the 2016 Cubs 3rd. The Vikings should've won it all in 1998, that team was so loaded.

Watching that video with all that spontaneous excitement is great. I will miss that this year. 

But, glad to have baseball back.

When I was watching the Cubs game last night, it wasn't real noticeable that there were no fans in the stands. They have done a good job with that.

Since I have been watching baseball, which was roughly 1978, the 4 best teams I have ever seen live were the:

1. 1998 Yankees = 114-48

2. 1986 Mets = 108-54

3. 2016 Cubs = 103-58 (only played 161 games that season)

4. 1984 Tigers = 104-58

-All of these teams won the WS of course.

-I think the 2016 Cubs were a hair better than the 1984 Tigers talent wise but it is close. Anyway that would be my Final 4. I was too young to remember teams like the Big Red machine of 1975/1976, just a tad before my time. Unfortunately I don't remember the 1976 Hoosiers either that went undefeated in basketball, I was only 5 years old when that happened.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Is golf back on? I am one of the few here who enjoys watching golf. I miss not seeing the Players Championship, the Masters, and the two Opens. Golf is relaxing as opposed to football that makes my blood pressure go up. 

You're going to enjoy this thread. The folks here are civil with each other despite being fans of different teams. 

Reds won a comfortable 7-1. Now it’s only the Tigers, but man Sonny Gray was lit. And Moustakas? 3 for 4 with a homer and 4 rbis. What a way to start as a Red. 

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The way I see this season for the Bucs is.... 

There's only 60 games.

We'll win more than 10

No one's winning 50

So, at worst we're no more than 20 games out.       :)

We're a couple of years out to get some of our good prospects up to the majors and making an impact. By that time a lot of the guys starting now will be on other teams.

Some of the prospects are on the expanded roster, so I'm looking forward to watching them.

Is it just me or have the umps strike zones been really bad this year? They appear to be to wide and to high, even low pitches in the strike zone dont get call. I have noticed this in multiple team's games. This is gonna be a long 60 if pitchers and hitters are just guessing where the strike zone will be on a given day. 

Also, boy does the Fox game suck. You get crappy announcers and also these stupid virtual fans thing they are doing. I wish the Cubs would stop being stuck in national games

11 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Is it just me or have the umps strike zones been really bad this year? They appear to be to wide and to high, even low pitches in the strike zone dont get call. I have noticed this in multiple team's games. This is gonna be a long 60 if pitchers and hitters are just guessing where the strike zone will be on a given day. 

Also, boy does the Fox game suck. You get crappy announcers and also these stupid virtual fans thing they are doing. I wish the Cubs would stop being stuck in national games

I prefer the Cubs announcers. I am at work, I see the Brewers are up 4-3 in the 6th. Long way to go. Is the game not on the Cubs network today?

Most of us who post comments here are fans of NL teams. What do you think about having the DH? I hear that it is here to stay. 

I have never been a fan of the DH. I love NL-style ball. I love timely hitting, walking, bunting, moving players over, etc. I hope the DH is not permanent.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Even worse than the DH is this change in playoff format. The top two teams in each division makes the playoffs and there is an additional "wild card" team. Is that right?? 

I don't like it.

It is just for this year because of the short season. Next season it will go back to normal.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I prefer the Cubs announcers. I am at work, I see the Brewers are up 4-3 in the 6th. Long way to go. Is the game not on the Cubs network today?

It was not they had national broadcast on Fox today. I am jealous of teams like the Tigers that never have to be on that channel. Their announcers are just not good and always bother me. 

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Even worse than the DH is this change in playoff format. The top two teams in each division makes the playoffs and there is an additional "wild card" team. Is that right?? 

I don't like it.

I like having the DH, but then again I was born during interleague play so I am use to seeing NL play games with it yearly. I also like it just to protect pitchers. The Cubs a couple years ago had Strop get injured during a game while he was running to first while batting. He ended up not being the same even the next year from it.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is just for this year because of the short season. Next season it will go back to normal.

While this current is for this year, I wouldnt be surprised to see them add a 6th team. I kinda like that idea. Best of 3 for lower 4 bye for top two. Plus it is likely to see expansion in the near future to get to 32 and make it 4 divisions which having six playoff spots would leave 2 WC just like NFL had been till this year

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I like having the DH, but then again I was born during interleague play so I am use to seeing NL play games with it yearly. I also like it just to protect pitchers. The Cubs a couple years ago had Strop get injured during a game while he was running to first while batting. He ended up not being the same even the next year from it.

While this current is for this year, I wouldnt be surprised to see them add a 6th team. I kinda like that idea. Best of 3 for lower 4 bye for top two. Plus it is likely to see expansion in the near future to get to 32 and make it 4 divisions which having six playoff spots would leave 2 WC just like NFL had been till this year

I loved the NFL format but they added another team now. I liked 6 in and top 2 get Bye's.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I loved the NFL format but they added another team now. I liked 6 in and top 2 get Bye's.

I did too, but they wanted more cash. I mean as long as they dont have expansion i am fine with it. On the otherhand if this had been format for the last 10 years, Patriots probably make less Championship games

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I did too, but they wanted more cash. I mean as long as they dont have expansion i am fine with it. On the otherhand if this had been format for the last 10 years, Patriots probably make less Championship games

Yeah if I am not mistaken the Pats have never won the SB without a Bye week. They took advantage of a weak division for years.

Man, there are some terrible changes. The Mets are in extra innings. The 10th inning starts with a free runner on second. If the runner scores it is an unearned run against the pitcher. 

The Mets gave up the run. Braves lead 3-2. 

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are you sure? Many people have predicted that the NL will adopt the DH.

The Mets were one out from their second win. The closer blows the save. The Braves have scored 3 in the 8th. :(

Lol. I guess I can go out now. 

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Are you sure? Many people have predicted that the NL will adopt the DH.

The Mets were one out from their second win. The closer blows the save. The Braves have scored 3 in the 8th. :(

Lol. I guess I can go out now. 

It is only agreed to for this season, but it is highly likely to be included in the next CBA 2022 season. It adds some extra jobs and protect pitchers. 

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Starting extra innings with a guy on 2nd reminds me of college football overtime. I don't like either one.

Anyway, game over. Mets lose 5-3. 

I hate MLB doing this way, but for just this season to protect pitchers it is fine. I actually like CFB OT rule, both teams get to have the ball on offense and then it is a fight from there. Plus if it gets to a certain point you cant kick and only TD and 2pts. I actually would like if they adopted it in the NFL

Archived