Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Those odds don't make sense. They have the White Sox and several other teams including the Mets and Cubs as having better odds of winning the World Series than the reigning champion Nationals. 

Yeah they are strange odds. I would have the Cards ahead of the Reds and Cubs.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was so weird watching baseball yesterday with no fans in the seats. The announcers were in different booths; they normally sit next to each other in the same booth. There was no one selling concessions, no ushers... Lots of people out of work.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It was so weird watching baseball yesterday with no fans in the seats. The announcers were in different booths; they normally sit next to each other in the same booth. There was no one selling concessions, no ushers... Lots of people out of work.

It's going to be a strange season that is for sure. With a 60 game season it is hard telling who will be in the WS. On paper you would think it would be Yankees vs Dodgers.

Ok, time to predict,

Division winners:

AL East - Yankees

AL Central - Twins

AL West - Astros

WildCards - Devil Rays and Indians

NL East - Braves

NL Central - Cards

NL West - Dodgers

WildCards - Nats and Cubs

AL Champion - Yankees

NL Champion - Dodgers

WS Champion - Dodgers = they are just due and will take advantage of this shortened season. Their core team should already have won a WS, it is time IMO. 

I think the Cubs will take advantage of the shortened season as well and make the playoffs because of it. The shorter season will benefit their older pitching and players like Bryant and Rizzo will be able to stay healthy for 60 games. Lester and Yu should be great with limited starts.

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColt What do you think of your team being 7th in odds of winning. They are favored to win the division. 

It’s a weird feeling for sure! But I’ve seen this song and dance too many times, I’m not completely buying the hype. Though if any team benefits from a short condensed season it’s us. 

On paper, the Reds have enough talent to beat anyone. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

It’s a weird feeling for sure! But I’ve seen this song and dance too many times, I’m not completely buying the hype. Though if any team benefits from a short condensed season it’s us. 

On paper, the Reds have enough talent to beat anyone. 

I made my predictions above but I could be completely wrong. It really wouldn't surprise me if the Reds made at least a WildCard.

@NFLfan that game last night reminded me of the game I went to at Citi Fied haha there were also like no fans. I thought the mummer they had going was nice as it didnt sound forced only when they did for hits and strikeout and all did it sound weird. 

I am excited as the Cubs and White Sox game will be on TV tonight ESPN for out of market and MSN or NBCSC. Hendricks is taking the ball tonight for his tune up before he starts opening day

33 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan that game last night reminded me of the game I went to at Citi Fied haha there were also like no fans. I thought the mummer they had going was nice as it didnt sound forced only when they did for hits and strikeout and all did it sound weird. 

I am excited as the Cubs and White Sox game will be on TV tonight ESPN for out of market and MSN or NBCSC. Hendricks is taking the ball tonight for his tune up before he starts opening day

There were no fans when you went (meaning a relatively empty stadium)? That is not fun. I think the tickets there are too expensive. When I used to go often, the prices were reasonable. Now, not so much. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watching Cubs vs White Sox, after 3 the Cubs lead 2-0. Man it is great to hear Len Casper's voice again. The back ground noise is pretty cool as MVP catches a pop out haha 

That game is preseason, right?

I like that you picked the Cardinals to win the Central but I'm not as optimistic.  They are iffy at several positions, but they do have a solid starting pitching crew.  The Central is up for grabs.   Reds should be good.   Cubs should be good.  Brewers should be good.  Cardinals should be good.   The Prates always start the season hot and this season, starting hot gets you to the playoffs.  

Just now, Myles said:

That game is preseason, right?

I like that you picked the Cardinals to win the Central but I'm not as optimistic.  They are iffy at several positions, but they do have a solid starting pitching crew.  The Central is up for grabs.   Reds should be good.   Cubs should be good.  Brewers should be good.  Cardinals should be good.   The Prates always start the season hot and this season, starting hot gets you to the playoffs.  

Yeah it is pre-season, it all starts Thursday. They have back ground music and noise which is pretty cool but nobody is in the stands. It still feels like a home game. Cubs announcers are there and so is the PA guy and regular stadium music. Regarding our division it is up for grabs but the Cards to me is most talented.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The way they flush in noise is cool. When the road team gets a hit it sounds bad haha . When the Cubs make a good play you hear loud roars lol.

I don't think I can get behind fake crowd noise.   

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

There were no fans when you went (meaning a relatively empty stadium)? That is not fun. I think the tickets there are too expensive. When I used to go often, the prices were reasonable. Now, not so much. 

Ya it was really empty when I went a few years ago. It was raining and they were just trying to get the game in. My tickets were $14 upper deck, but we met a security guard that moved us 3 rows behind the Mets dugout

Dodgers looked great last night but they always do during the regular season. Cubs play the Brewcrew tonight, it is for real now. Hendricks gets the start. My Cubs kick off the 2020 season against a team I can't stand lmao . The Brewers are the most over hyped team of all-time over the last few years, no championships to account for. Nationals were like that but broke through last year, they have my respect now. Them and the 2016 Cubs are true champions, 2017 Astros and 2018 Red Sox cheated.

@NFLfan having fun catching your team today? I do enjoy the way the mets stadium has been set up for this game with their sound. I am looking forward to the Cubs game later tonight.

@2006Coltsbestever You seen the lineup? Caratini will be the DH and Hoerner is still starting against a tough Righty. Hopefully Willy can stay hitting like he did on Wednesday.  

Also for the Cubs fans Channel 202 on Comcast will have the game even if you are in Fort Wayne/Indy

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

having fun catching your team today? I do enjoy the way the mets stadium has been set up for this game with their sound. I am looking forward to the Cubs game later tonight

Nah, I have been working most of the day. Is it Opening Day yet?  I guess it is. Mets usually win on Opening Day. Let me see what happened.

12 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

GO CUBS GO...

Marquee Network showed up on Comcast/Infinity in Indy today at #1254, now I'm stoked for season!

Welcome to the Baseball Thread! I hope you will join us through the season. There are many Cubs and Cardinals fans. I am the lone Mets fans here. 

Good luck on the season!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just now waking up as I have to be in at 530am. I missed the fun but did watch the first 3 innings. Way to fly the W Hozer. 1-0 on the season so far.

Dude it was over after three...

Hendricks was amazing!

Hope they keep it up!

Hope you have a good day at work.

Archived