Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Yeah, but you gotta be thankful you're still working. There's plenty of people supporting families who aren't working right now.

I know there's going to be a lot of 'why are you putting people at risk' and/or 'all you care about it wall street' banter, but they need to get the economy going again, as soon as possible.

Yeah I agree. I am glad I still have a job making decent money. I can't imagine the people being out of work with 2 or 3 kids that make over 50,000 a year. I believe unemployment is 600 a week which isn't bad but you can't support a family on that. By the way I got my stimulus check even which is cool. 1200 dollars, I will take it. You doing ok? 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't, they need me there. I work nights and days, I work days on the weekends. We run 24/7 where I am at = freakin ridiculous lmao 

I do most of my work via email, phone and web based applications, so working from home is OK.   There is still resources at the office that make working easier.  

We are also 24/7 and I am always on call.   

The silver lining is that those of us who are working are making that gap between us and the poorer people allot bigger.  We are getting closer to the top % of earners.  If I was top 8% before this, I should be in the top 7% now.  

1%: $250,000

5%: $140,000

10%: $100,000

20%: $65,000

30%: $45,000

40%: $35,000

50%: $25,000

60%: $20,000

70%: $10,000

80%: $5,000

90%: $0.01 — $4,999

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I agree. I am glad I still have a job making decent money. I can't imagine the people being out of work with 2 or 3 kids that make over 50,000 a year. I believe unemployment is 600 week which isn't bad but you can't support a family on that. By the way I got my stimulus check even which is cool. 1200 dollars, I will take it. You doing ok? 

Yes, we've been fine. I'm lucky enough to have been working remotely from home for about 10 years now. And it's in the import industry, so unless they close borders, and shut down imports, I'll have work as long as I want it.

No one else in the house is working right now, so I'm lucky to have a stable working situation right now. I'm also coming to retirement age, but don't want to retire until 70 for my daughter's sake. So, I'm REALLY lucky right now.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I agree. I am glad I still have a job making decent money. I can't imagine the people being out of work with 2 or 3 kids that make over 50,000 a year. I believe unemployment is 600 a week which isn't bad but you can't support a family on that. By the way I got my stimulus check even which is cool. 1200 dollars, I will take it. You doing ok? 

It is called fiscal responsibility 

I do it every month

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

BTW, I cant' tell you how much I look forward to cutting the grass these days.

I'm kinda tired of being cooped up in the house.

It was 24 degrees when I left work this morning, what grass lmao . I hear ya though. I think by April 20th we will be out of the woods for good as far as it being warm out. The forecast has Indianapolis in the 60's all week starting Monday, low's high 40's/low 50's. April 20th seems like it has been the magic number every year. November 10th is when the tunnel gets dark haha 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was 24 degrees when I left work this morning, what grass lmao . I hear ya though. I think by April 20th we will be out of the woods for good as far as it being warm out. The forecast has Indianapolis in the 60's all week starting Monday, low's high 40's/low 50's. April 20th seems like it has been the magic number every year. November 10th is when the tunnel gets dark haha 

Farmers have already begun planting down here and we(neighbor included) have mowed the farm(10 acres) once 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Farmers have already begun planting down here and we(neighbor included) have mowed the farm(10 acres) once 

It was warm last week for a few days but these last few days have sucked. I am just saying April 20th is a real safe call every year where you know it would be odd if it got in 30's past that date or snowed/iced in Indianapolis.

It was warm last week for a few days but these last few days have sucked. I am just saying April 20th is a real safe call every year where you know it would be odd if it got in 30's past that date or snowed/iced in Indianapolis.

Every IHSAA Athletic Director and Spring Coach do not use that measurement 

By April 20 every IHSAA spring sport is well into Conference and nearing tournament    
   Most practices start by mid March 

Started developing a cough and stuffiness with a slight fever one evening. I have had some encounters with confirmed and possible Covid patients, but was wearing appropriate PPE and was de-conned after. I was terrified and had to report to our health and safety officer for possible quarantine. Luckily I had just started my 4 days off. Turned out to just be a cold. There’s nothing worse then feeling you might not be able to do your job helping people and worse yet that you might have exposed your family. I understandably would have had to go into full quarantine from work and family, that would have sucked!!!:thmdown:

56 minutes ago, buccolts said:

BTW, I cant' tell you how much I look forward to cutting the grass these days.

I'm kinda tired of being cooped up in the house.

There was a near throw down over who got to mow at the station the other day, seniority rules sometimes!:rock:

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Started developing a cough and stuffiness with a slight fever one evening. I have had some encounters with confirmed and possible Covid patients, but was wearing appropriate PPE and was de-conned after. I was terrified and had to report to our health and safety officer for possible quarantine. Luckily I had just started my 4 days off. Turned out to just be a cold. There’s nothing worse then feeling you might not be able to do your job helping people and worse yet that you might have exposed your family. I understandably would have had to go into full quarantine from work and family, that would have sucked!!!:thmdown:

There was a near throw down over who got to mow at the station the other day, seniority rules sometimes!:rock:

Glad it was a cold and nothing worse. That must have been very scary. 

Like others here, I am fortunate to still have a job and I can work from home. It is great not to have to commute to and from work but it is easier working at the office, as I have all the supplies, information and amenities to do my job faster and more easily. I find myself working longer days than when I work in the office.

But all in all, I feel blessed that I still have a job. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Glad it was a cold and nothing worse. That must have been very scary. 

Like others here, I feel blessed that I still have a job and I can work from home. It is great not to have to commute to and from work but it is easier working at the office, as U have all the supplies, information and amenities to do my job easier. I find myself working longer days than when I work in the office.

But all in all, I feel blessed that I still have a job. 

My  “job”  ended a week early due to the school closure
      My Corporation was open for the first few days for the families to getneeded school supplies, medicine and packets(if needed)

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think there may be a season now just by the way people are talking in the government and sports world. I didn't think so a week ago.  They need to start it by June though otherwise it will be a real short season haha . I could live with 100 games.

Well it could still start in July as MLB and players have said they'd be willing to play regular season all the way through October. 

I also just picked up MLB The Show 20 with Javy on the cover. I liked it has actual minor league players in it and more updated since my 2016 one. 

33 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Well it could still start in July as MLB and players have said they'd be willing to play regular season all the way through October. 

It would be great if this happens. I know we have bigger things to worry about but not having Baseball as a release from the every day grind would really stink.

34 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I also just picked up MLB The Show 20 with Javy on the cover. I liked it has actual minor league players in it and more updated since my 2016 one. 

I wish they made this game for Xbox one so that I could steal my sons system and play it, looks Like fun!

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

It would be great if this happens. I know we have bigger things to worry about but not having Baseball as a release from the every day grind would really stink.

I wish they made this game for Xbox one so that I could steal my sons system and play it, looks Like fun!

Once they can get testing under control games will start to come back based on what they have all said. It will hopefully be possible in june for ST part 2 and Games in July. 

They will next year. The Show will be multiplatform for the first time starting then.

21 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Once they can get testing under control games will start to come back based on what they have all said. It will hopefully be possible in june for ST part 2 and Games in July. 

They will next year. The Show will be multiplatform for the first time starting then.

I just ordered my copy of MLB the Show and RBI Baseball 

I consider an era 20 seasons. Here are the top 20 teams from this past era that won a WS record wise (2000-2019).

1. 2018 Boston Red Sox = 108-54* an asterisk goes by that though because of their cheating scandal.

2. 2016 Chicago Cubs = 103-58

3. 2009 New York Yankees = 103-59

4. 2017 Houston Astros = 101-61* an asterisk goes by that though because of their cheating scandal.

5. 2002 Anaheim Angels = 99-63/2005 Chicago White Sox = 99-63 (tie for 5th), 6 teams total so far.

7. 2004 Boston Red Sox = 98-64

8. 2013 Boston Red Sox = 97-65

9. 2007 Boston Red Sox = 96-66

10. KC Royals = 95-67

11. 2012 SF Giants = 94-68

12. 2019 Washington Nationals = 93-69

13. 2001 Arizona Diamondbacks = 92-70/2008 Philadelphia Phillies = 92-70/2010 SF Giants = 92-70 (3 way tie for 13th here), 15 teams total so far.

16. 2003 Florida Marlins = 91-71

17. 2011 St. Louis Cardinals = 90-72

18. 2014 SF Giants = 88-74

19. 2000 New York Yankees = 87-74

20. 2006 St. Louis Cardinals = 83-78

A nice look back at history since the 2000 season. The teams that have won it all and their win/loss record in doing so. The Cubs have had the 2nd best record as a WS Champion but because the Red Sox cheated they should be #1

+I will do 1980-1999 tomorrow :thmup:. Enjoy the trip down memory lane.

@2006Coltsbestever

Not a bad list but there are several other factors that determine success 

BTW have you noticed that MLB has done the exact opposite of what the NCAA usually does in punishing the coaches etc and not the team

NCAA often punishes the team school/team and not the coaches see Eddie Sutton

14 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@2006Coltsbestever

Not a bad list but there are several other factors that determine success 

BTW have you noticed that MLB has done the exact opposite of what the NCAA usually does in punishing the coaches etc and not the team

NCAA often punishes the team school/team and not the coaches see Eddie Sutton

Yeah they will never take away the Astros or Red Sox WS Titles. An * does belong though.

That list is just based off of win/loss record. It is not my personal best's. More of a history thing for fun. The same will be done for 1980-1999.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you all are well . Still plugging along here . On vacation this next 9 days trying to get outdoor work and around the house caught up. Sure could use some St Louis Cardinal baseball , and wouldn't mind some Cubs and Reds as well. Was really looking forward to this season to see how it played out . If it does in fact play out now it wont rate as a real season to me , not that I still wouldn't enjoy it.

What's up Jay. you doing ok? I am fine here. 

Im good Brother , would like to see some form of MLB and hoping for a full NFL and College Football season . Family is all fine as I hope all of yours are as well.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Im good Brother , would like to see some form of MLB and hoping for a full NFL and College Football season . Family is all fine as I hope all of yours are as well.

Yeah still working a lot. Man I hope baseball starts soon but containing this Virus is more important. Glad you are doing well. happy to see you post saying so. I think we will have a football season :thmup:

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah still working a lot. Man I hope baseball starts soon but containing this Virus is more important. Glad you are doing well. happy to see you post saying so. I think we will have a football season :thmup:

Yes I like what the Colts have done , and looking forward to IU's FB season as well.

Archived