Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

15 hours ago, HOZER said:

It finally started working today! Watching replay of Rockies game right now, looks like Lester had a rough outing, hoping he gets those out of the way early this year, last year didn’t end well for him.

For Lester it is hard to look at the ST start and think much of it. He is ramping up and thus his velocity wont be as high and he is normally working on more specific things. Also, there was some bad play by defense that cost him baserunners and then runs. With our regular in (Rizzo at first mostly I mean) They most likely wouldnt have had the same stats up as they did. If his velocity isnt fully back by the end of ST then there is worry. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

I just got my 2016 Cubs Championship plaque delivered by UPS. I never spend any money on myself and save every thing I make. It cost me 300 dollars haha . This will go on my Cubs Wall of Fame corner. I have a 2016 Championship hat, a 2016 Championship shirt, a Ryne Sandberg jersey and a Kris Bryant jersey. My plaque looks like this showing the Game 7 starters and winning Pitcher of the 2016 WS:

CF - Dexter Fowler

DH - Kyle Schwarber

3B - Kris Bryant (MVP)

1B - Anthony Rizzo

LF - Ben Zobrist

SS - Addison Russell

C - Willson Contreras

RF - Jason Heyward

2B - Javier Baez (el Mago) 

=lineup in order.

P - Kyle Hendricks (the Professor)

+winning Pitcher - Aroldis Chapman in relief.

Cubs defeat Indians 4 games to 3 to win the 2016 World Series Championship!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just got my 2016 Cubs Championship plaque delivered by UPS. I never spend any money on myself and save every thing I make. It cost me 300 dollars haha . This will go on my Cubs Wall of Fame corner. I have a 2016 Championship hat, a 2016 Championship shirt, a Ryne Sandberg jersey and a Kris Bryant jersey. My plaque looks like this showing the Game 7 starters and winning Pitcher of the 2016 WS:

CF - Dexter Fowler

DH - Kyle Schwarber

3B - Kris Bryant (MVP)

1B - Anthony Rizzo

LF - Ben Zobrist

SS - Addison Russell

C - Willson Contreras

RF - Jason Heyward

2B - Javier Baez (el Mago) 

=lineup in order.

P - Kyle Hendricks (the Professor)

+winning Pitcher - Aroldis Chapman in relief.

Cubs defeat Indians 4 games to 3 to win the 2016 World Series Championship!

I just ordered an Andre Dawson jersey and a Jake Arrieta jersey to put on my Wall of Fame. Time to start saving money again haha . Baseball is back baby!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

MLB officially suspended the season by 2 weeks at this point with spring training suspended too

And I was so ready for baseball season, too!  I guess it's the safe thing to do, but what a bummer.

• Like 1

What a bummer. In all honesty though I would have a 132 game season instead of a 162 game season. 162 is too long. I would start May 1st every year when it is warm out and the playoffs/WS would be over by the end of October, around the 31st. I like the way the playoff format is, so I would keep it the same except the WildCard game would be best of 3.  

• Like 3
On 3/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, Barry Sears said:

And I was so ready for baseball season, too!  I guess it's the safe thing to do, but what a bummer.

I am too, especially since I was to go to Texas teams in April and looks unlikely now and even my CA trip for games is now hard to do. 

I am disappointed season will be delayed and possibly canceled . In the grand scheme of things it pales in comparison to everything that's going on. We shall see what transpires. My thought and word is fear not , live in the faith of our Lord and look up for your redemption draws nigh. Love you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 3/22/2020 at 6:59 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry I really haven't had anything to add to the thread lately but because of the Coronavirus there hasn't been nothing new going on in Baseball. Everyone take care, wash your hands, and use social distancing. 

Yep, not much to discuss.  I have had two of my three fantasy drafts go as scheduled...the third has been postponed until there's some new about when the season may start.

Nice distractions, but still nothing to do until there are some games in order to set line-ups, etc.

Hope eveyone is okay and avoiding this virus...it's just unreal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 3/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, Barry Sears said:

Yep, not much to discuss.  I have had two of my three fantasy drafts go as scheduled...the third has been postponed until there's some new about when the season may start.

Nice distractions, but still nothing to do until there are some games in order to set line-ups, etc.

Hope eveyone is okay and avoiding this virus...it's just unreal.

One of the local cases(Daviess County, Ky) was because of a Coronavirus Party

• Sad 2

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon. @HOZER, @Jay Kirk, @NFLfan, @PrincetonTiger, @Barry Sears, @PuntersArePeopleToo, @Myles, @buccolts, and too all others be well and try to stay healthy. Baseball will be back eventually. Of course this is the home of the 2016 World Champion Chicago Cubs :thmup: - I had to add that :funny:.

@NorthernBlue, I didn't forget about you. What your team did last season was much like what the Cubs did in 2016. Just awesome. The Nats and Cubs are really the only 2 legit Champions over the last 5 seasons. Astros and RedSox cheated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Lots of reports on what MLB may try to do, From playing in only Arizona to Only ST homes to playing the games in Japan

Do you think we will have a season? It is looking bleak.

• Sad 2
On 4/12/2020 at 4:24 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Some form I do. May be in a very remote area much shorter and very different though

Yes that's what I'm hearing as well . Probably be a spring training type circuit.

• Like 3

Yes I'm ok as well . My job considered essential , so yes I'm working . We have live cases of people in the plant that have been quarentened  . If you heard about the firefighter in Terre Haute that died , his wife works in HR in our plant and has also tested positive according to reports I've gotten . I and my wife have been taking many supplements to boost immune system . Vitamin C with Zinc 1000mg Echinasea , Golden Seal , Genseng  . So far so good. Baseball would be good right now . 

• Like 3
On 4/4/2020 at 1:03 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course this is the home of the 2016 World Champion Chicago Cubs

You are mistaken, this is the home of the 2011, 2006, 1982, 1967, 1964, 1946, 1944, 1942, 1934, 1931 and 1926 World Champion St. Louis Cardinals.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Myles said:

So much is up in the air now.   If they cannot play until July or August, should they even have a season?

Good question , and to me that would be a farce.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I'm ok as well . My job considered essential , so yes I'm working . We have live cases of people in the plant that have been quarentened  . If you heard about the firefighter in Terre Haute that died , his wife works in HR in our plant and has also tested positive according to reports I've gotten . I and my wife have been taking many supplements to boost immune system . Vitamin C with Zinc 1000mg Echinasea , Golden Seal , Genseng  . So far so good. Baseball would be good right now . 

Hi Jay, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that about your colleagues. My job has also had folks diagnosed with COVID-19 but no one in my department. One woman's husband died. Most of my job's clientele are those over 60 years old. Yesterday, I heard that we lost something like 42 clients to COVID. Yikes. 

Anyway, I hope you and your family stay well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Hi Jay, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that about your colleagues. My job has also had folks diagnosed with COVID-19 but no one in my department. One woman's husband died. Most of my job's clientele are those over 60 years old. I heard that we lost something like 42 clients to COVID. Yikes. 

Anyway, I hope you and your family stay well. 

I hope and pray you and yours do as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
27 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I and my wife have been taking many supplements to boost immune system . Vitamin C with Zinc 1000mg Echinasea , Golden Seal , Genseng 

That's good. That is what my mother tells us to do. She said she is drinking/consuming food with Vitamin C, Ginger, Garlic, and a lot of other immune-boosting stuff. My mom (80 years old) has never had the flu and I remember her having a cold just once. She attributes it to her diet. 

• Like 3

I think there may be a season now just by the way people are talking in the government and sports world. I didn't think so a week ago.  They need to start it by June though otherwise it will be a real short season haha . I could live with 100 games.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Glad you are doing well Jay. Nice to see you posting again. I am essential as well. I work at a food plant and have been working a ton of hours. Making that money lmao . Glad you are healthy, I am too. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad you are doing well Jay. Nice to see you posting again. I am essential as well. I work at a food plant and have been working a ton of hours. Making that money lmao . Glad you are healthy, I am too. 

Same here.   Food industry.  I'm in purchasing, so I, and my family have plenty of masks and sanitizer.    

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Same here.   Food industry.  I'm in purchasing, so I, and my family have plenty of masks and sanitizer.    

Yeah I am supervisor where I am at dealing with trucks bringing food product in. Lots of paper work and inventory involved. I have my own office luckily so I can distance myself at times from people and chat here late at night when I work nights when it gets quiet. I am off today. So not only do I have to deal with truck drivers but several others where I work at lol. High risk should be my nick name.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am supervisor where I am at dealing with trucks bringing food product in. Lots of paper work and inventory involved. I have my own office luckily so I can distance myself at times from people and chat here late at night when I work nights when it gets quiet. I am off today. So not only do I have to deal with truck drivers but several others where I work at lol. High risk should be my nick name.

I could be working from home, but my wife and 2 daughters are there and I wouldn't be very productive.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Myles said:

I could be working from home, but my wife and 2 daughters are there and I wouldn't be very productive.  

I can't, they need me there. I work nights and days, I work days on the weekends. We run 24/7 where I am at = freakin ridiculous lmao 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't, they need me there. I work nights and days, I work days on the weekends. We run 24/7 where I am at = freakin ridiculous lmao 

Yeah, but you gotta be thankful you're still working. There's plenty of people supporting families who aren't working right now.

I know there's going to be a lot of 'why are you putting people at risk' and/or 'all you care about is wall street' banter, but they need to get the economy going again, as soon as possible.

• Like 3