Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple other teams now being accused of possibly using electronics to steal signs, Rangers, and @2006Coltsbestever you’ll love this, the Brewers!!! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/4206317002

https://mobile.twitter.com/LBSports/status/1195480243437371392?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

What a sad sad thing If Yelich is really stealing signs. Disgusting. 

On 11/5/2019 at 12:08 AM, southwest1 said:

Brent, now there's a poster I haven't heard from in quite some time. Darn nice guy too. Hope he's doing alright. Radio Girl his wife has been absent for a long duration as well. Nice people.

I think this post was about me. If it was, thank you for your concern & wellbeing. If not, I apologize for overstepping my bounds & being mistaken. Appreciate it. :hat:

I had a good chuckle over your reply CBE. Never personal injury of a friend of course. :thmup:

Morgan Freeman should have won an Oscar for playing Red. Such a miscarriage of Academy justice. Tremendous flick indeed. Kudos my man! Kevin Costner in "For The Love Of The Game' is a wonderful picture. @Jaykirk: Uh huh, Clint Eastwood in "Trouble With The Curve' was very good. Amy Adams is easy on the eyes too. Another story for another day. LOL! 

Yup, every time I see Red read that letter next to the rock wall with Andy's voice over dub "I'll keep an eye out for & the chess board ready...Hope is a good thing Red & no good thing ever dies" I almost cry on cue like a classic conditioning bell going off. 

Speaking of 'Sesame Street,' an upcoming film review will feature a breakdown of 'Mr. Rogers Neighborhood' soon. No, not the upcoming Tom Hanks movie, but the documentary on Fred. A tough critique to write for me since Mr. Rogers played a vital part in my upbringing as a child. Just giving a heads up that's all. 

Brother glad your ok , I had lost your number it was in my phone that got submerged in water. Never got the screen back. Brent is recovering from back surgery.  A lot has happened since you were gone . I am not able to get on here as much. My wife lost the rest of her sight last December so that takes up a lot of my time. Glad you checked in . 

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Brother glad your ok , I had lost your number it was in my phone that got submerged in water. Never got the screen back. Brent is recovering from back surgery.  A lot has happened since you were gone . I am not able to get on here as much. My wife lost the rest of her sight last December so that takes up a lot of my time. Glad you checked in . 

How you been Jay? We got the title changed to the thread and we are still posting :thmup:. What is up with these teams getting accused of cheating/stealing signs? Astros, Red Sox, and now the Brewers too!

Looks like the Cubs are interested in Whit Merrifield

On 11/16/2019 at 8:31 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How you been Jay? We got the title changed to the thread and we are still posting :thmup:. What is up with these teams getting accused of cheating/stealing signs? Astros, Red Sox, and now the Brewers too!

Very Strange start to the off season 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

No news for us, Hozer? Where are all the baseball fans? 

Who is your early pick to win the World Series in 2020? I want to go with the Dodgers but I'd like to go with an obscure team....

excited tampa bay rays GIF by MLB

Hoosier Hysteria started tonight

Princeton Community under a new coach beat County rival Wood Memorial 

pizza yes GIFHappy Nerd GIF by AsmodeeGames

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

No news for us, Hozer? Where are all the baseball fans? 

Who is your early pick to win the World Series in 2020? I want to go with the Dodgers but I'd like to go with an obscure team....

excited tampa bay rays GIF by MLB

There is no major news right now but it will heat up soon. I have a feeling the Yankees will try to go after pitching. If they get another good starter, they will be really tough to beat in 2020. Yankees are a franchise that aren't used to going a whole decade without a WS title. Dodgers are jinxed until proven otherwise to me and Kershaw gets a little worse every season. I have feeling there window is almost shut. A great regular season team but they do not have the pitching to get it done in the post season it seems every year.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is no major news right now but it will heat up soon. I have a feeling the Yankees will try to go after pitching. If they get another good starter, they will be really tough to beat in 2020. Yankees are a franchise that aren't used to going a whole decade without a WS title. Dodgers are jinxed until proven otherwise to me and Kershaw gets a little worse every season. I have feeling there window is almost shut. A great regular season team but they do not have the pitching to get it done in the post season it seems every year.

Blame the Dodger collapse on getting rid of Don Mattingly

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you look at the last 4 WS Champions, they all had that 'IT' factor - 2016 Cubs, 2017 Astros, 2018 Red Sox, and even the Nats here in 2019. Those teams looked hungry and all of those teams had all-around great pitching. I don't see it with the Dodgers.

Astros cheated, reportedly.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Astros cheated, reportedly.

If it is proven then take them out of my equation, they still had great pitching regardless. To me the best team of the decade was the 2016 Cubs. Some may say I am biased but they never have never been accused of cheating and went 103-58. They had Lester, Jake, and Chapman all in their prime. That was when Bryant was all world, Rizzo was younger, and Zobrist was in his prime too. Baez was a huge spark plug too :thmup:. They were down 3-1 in the WS without HFA and came back and won, nothing phased that team.

There will be some news over the next few weeks, but I imagine the big names won't be moving to other teams until January.  That's been the trend the past couple of off seasons.  Someone will need to set the bar in free agency before teams start throwing money around.

As for 2020...right now I agree with an earlier post about the Yankees, if they can add a starter or two.  Otherwise, they are solid all down the lineup.  The Dodgers will have another stellar regular season and get everyone's hopes up, then choke in the playoffs again.

My Cardinals need an ace on their staff, but I doubt they will pay for one.  They'll limp by with so-so signings on offense and the pitching staff.  It's amazing they won the division when you look at that roster.  Other than Goldschmidt, there's no star power at all.  Teams who win the WS have at least 3 stars on offense, an ace or two and solid bullpen.

My "other" team...the Rays.  Great pitching got them 90+ wins again and they play solid, fundamental baseball.  A really fun team to watch and the have the top minor league system in the majors.  If they can add a big bat, they'll make the playoffs again, but it will be tough to catch the Yankees in that division.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you look at the last 4 WS Champions, they all had that 'IT' factor - 2016 Cubs, 2017 Astros, 2018 Red Sox, and even the Nats here in 2019. Those teams looked hungry and all of those teams had all-around great pitching. I don't see it with the Dodgers.

That Astros* team will forever have an asterisk next to their name just like that football team from the east who shall remain nameless.........

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need an ACE starting pitcher that is 31 years old or younger, 31 still isn't old. I believe deGrom is 31 haha 

We need deGrom and more.

What do you and others here know of David Sanchez? He was not tendered. Mets fans want the team to sign him. He reportedly led one league in ERA in 2016. I don't know him.

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He has had a couple of off-the-field incidents and the Cubs can replace him. What do you think about not retaining Russell?

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was inevitable. Too many off the field problems. I agree with the move.

Agree with CBE 100%, he made his own bed. He admitted to what he did and supposedly got help for it, hope he is past that. His on field performance declined quite a bit after he came back, time for a change. 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What areas of the team do you want the Cubs to address?

The Mets need relief pitching and a catcher. 

Relief pitching is the the Cubs biggest weakness, they will also need another starter with Hamels leaving. Hope they pick up some good pieces. Ridiculous how many leads were blown the last couple seasons. Need to figure out a way to get the bats going too, so many low scoring, boring games last season, yuk! Still wondering who they’ll trade away to make that work. They tendered Bryant, Baez, Contreras, Schwarber, Almora, and Kyle Ryan. 

Hope Kimbrel is back to himself this year and not the disaster he was last season, that was depressing!

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cole Hamels just signed with the Braves, 1 year 18 Mill. So Cole is indeed gone.

Thats alot of money, I don’t think he’s going to be the same pitcher he was pre injury, he had many poor performances after he came back last season, I really do wish him well, really liked his personality and charitable Contributions. Thought he would end up back in Philly.

40 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Zack Wheeler to Philadelphia 

Cubs want to retain Castellanos

Heard Castellanos and his agent, Boras(slime ball) want a lot of money, more then the Cubs may be able to afford. Really, REALLY hope they can retain him somehow.

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Thats alot of money, I don’t think he’s going to be the same pitcher he was pre injury, he had many poor performances after he came back last season, I really do wish him well, really liked his personality and charitable Contributions. Thought he would end up back in Philly.

Heard Castellanos and his agent, Boras(slime ball) want a lot of money, more then the Cubs may be able to afford. Really, REALLY hope they can retain him somehow.

Not shocked that Hamels left

It seems the Mets are being sold. Mets fans have been waiting for this. I always liked the Mets owner, Frank Wilpon, but the whole Madoff disaster affected the team. Let's see what this new owner brings. 

5 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Zack Wheeler to Philadelphia 

Cubs want to retain Castellanos

Oh well. I liked Zach. 

Archived