Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE &@$%#*$ KIDDING ME!!!!!! Kimbrel is absolute garbage. Lost the game last time he pitched, looks like he will be losing this one for us too. Two pitches, 2 home runs after we had the freaking lead before his stupid $&@ came out.  Then he walks the next guy. My God, Pedro Strop is even better then him, yes PEDRO STROP!!!! What an absolute waste of money. I need a beer.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE &@$%#*$ KIDDING ME!!!!!! Kimbrel is absolute garbage. Lost the game last time he pitched, looks like he will be losing this one for us too. Two pitches, 2 home runs after we had the freaking lead before his stupid $&@ came out.  Then he walks the next guy. My God, Pedro Strop is even better then him, yes PEDRO STROP!!!! What an absolute waste of money. I need a beer.

Yeah when that crap happens you know it is not our year. We had the lead 8-7 going to the 9th and the Cards knock his 1st 2 pitches out of the park. Utterly ridiculous. We have had some unreal bad luck in this series.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gut punch after gut punch after gut punch. Not even El Mago could save the day. 

Don't really know wth Maddon  was thinking leaving it up to Baez, he is just coming back from injury and rusty as all hell I imagine. Love him, but just wasn’t the right time for him to be up. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@HOZER, we might as well accept the season is over now. I kind of thought that after Friday's/yesterday's loss but this was the dagger. 

Yeah it’s over. Don’t see them getting lucky enough to somehow get that second wildcard. Would probably squander it anyway. Ugh I hate being so negative but it’s been a frustrating series. 

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Don't really know wth Maddon  was thinking leaving it up to Baez, he is just coming back from injury and rusty as all hell I imagine. Love him, but just wasn’t the right time for him to be up. 

Yeah it’s over. Don’t see them getting lucky enough to somehow get that second wildcard. Would probably squander it anyway. Ugh I hate being so negative but it’s been a frustrating series. 

Yeah it is a weird feeling, I am sick to my stomach in reality but the Cubs have frustrated me so much lately that I am almost glad it is over if that makes any sense. My stomach just can't take much more of this. A part of me thought Baez would homer, when he struck out all I could do was SMH.

Over the last 5 seasons (since 2015 to now) I can't recall us losing 5 games in a row at home, if we have I do not remember it. That is what we just did folks. Theo did not make any big moves coming into the season, Cards went out and got Goldschmidt and Miller. They were sick of the Cubs dominating the division and went out and won the offseason. They are the better team now unfortunately.

Wow, several very interesting comments about Maddon at the bottom of this story, a lot of people are fed up! The first comment in particular, quite lengthy, but very well said. Some say maybe even bring in Ross as a bench coach? Others say Theo is the issue....Interesting...... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cubbiescrib.com/2019/09/20/chicago-cubs-david-ross-manager-rumors/amp/

@HOZER, I am all in on Ross. We need a new face. It is time and the players love him. We have no business missing the playoffs with the team we have, some of that is on Maddon. Regarding Kimbrel he has blown 4 saves already and has been complete garbage. I hate to be so negative but he was paid huge money to close games out like last night. He gave up 2 HR's on his 1st 2 pitches. Just unacceptable.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@HOZER, I am all in on Ross. We need a new face. It is time and the players love him. We have no business missing the playoffs with the team we have, some of that is on Maddon. Regarding Kimbrel he has blown 4 saves already and has been complete garbage. I hate to be so negative but he was paid huge money to close games out like last night. He gave up 2 HR's on his 1st 2 pitches. Just unacceptable.

Ross is awesome and one of my favorite Cubs, but my biggest fear is that it’d be more of the same since he’s an ex teammate and friends with most of them, like everyone’s buddy. Same kind of thing has happened where I work where someone will go from a hoseman to an officer, creates conflicts at times, they usually get moved to another shift to try to avoid issues. There’s even a book about it called “from buddy to boss.”

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Ross is awesome and one of my favorite Cubs, but my biggest fear is that it’d be more of the same since he’s an ex teammate and friends with most of them, like everyone’s buddy. Same kind of thing has happened where I work where someone will go from a hoseman to an officer, creates conflicts at times, they usually get moved to another shift to try to avoid issues. There’s even a book about it called “from buddy to boss.”

Yeah great points, that is how my work is too. I am really not sure who else is out there as I haven't thought about it much. As a person and player, I love ol Ross though. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah great points, that is how my work is too. I am really not sure who else is out there as I haven't thought about much. As a person and player, I love ol Ross though. 

Girardis name keeps popping up.....not sure what to think about that...

https://www.cubsinsider.com/2019/09/14/david-ross-has-better-chance-than-joe-girardi-of-becoming-next-cubs-manager/

When it comes to Theo, It is really tough to blame him for much, he built a team with a lot of talent. I wish we would've kept Jake and Chapman, we had the money to do so but did not. Chapman is still awesome, he just closed out the game the other night to clinch the division for the Yankees. Jake had to have arm surgery so I guess that move isn't as bad as it seems now. Yu has pitched better lately but I still do not like that contract Theo gave him. Yu is ok but not an ACE like Jake was from 2015-2017.

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When it comes to Theo, It is really tough to blame him for much, he built a team with a lot of talent. I wish we would've kept Jake and Chapman, we had the money to do so but did not. Chapman is still awesome, he just closed out the game the other night to clinch the division for the Yankees. Jake had to have arm surgery so I guess that move isn't as bad as it seems now. Yu has pitched better lately but I still do not like that contract Theo gave him. Yu is ok but not an ACE like Jake was from 2015-2017.

Serious question. What would you give for Thor? I can throw in our closer Diaz if you like. Diaz was great before being traded to the Mets, but he has been awful with us.

We could use a catcher. We could use bullpen help but I know the Cubs need that too. 

9 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Another day, another Cubs meltdown in the 9th. Yu was having a heck of a game, but left in the game into the 9th inning? Hmmm. And MVP got hurt due to slipping at first....:facepalm: 

Cubs down 3-2 in the 9th. And Strop is in....

We could be up 5-0 against the Cards going to the 9th and Molina would probably hit a 2 run HR, then Carpenter would hit a 2 run HR, then Ozzie Smith just for fun could trot out their at age 60 and hit a 2 HR for the lead lmao . Just mindboggling. I can't ever remember a team losing 4 straight 1 run games in the 9th inning at home. The baseball Gods are like we gave you your WS, and now time for me to mess with the Cubs fans minds haha 

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Hey guys sorry The Cards probably have ruined the Cubs playoff hopes , not totally but a large dent . Have been still am on bad turn around . Who would've thought the Brewers would hang like this. Got to get ready for work , catch up later .

Congrats on the division title @Jay Kirk, Cards are really good. Good luck in the playoffs. I will still watch brother. I felt like it was over after Friday, that loss was bad.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just seen MVP's injury, that looked awful as his ankle turned. I missed it earlier because I was watching the Colts game. Not our year, what can I say.

Colts got a big win without some key players. Have not got to watch yet ,but probably will in morning when I'm home.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Colts got a big win without some key players. Have not got to watch yet ,but probably will in morning when I'm home.

That was a huge win by the Colts. So far I am proud of the Colts. Brissett threw for 300 yards as well. Vinny was perfect too. Regarding the Cards, it is possible it will come down to you guys and the Dodgers in the NL. How do you feel about that? Dodgers are just so freakin loaded. I love the way the Cards play by the way, they look fundamentally sound and win close games. Molina and Carpenter deserve huge respect. Jack Flaherty is pitching like Jake was in 2016.

Didn’t watch a minute of it, listened a little I. Radio and followed in phone. Wanted to enjoy the buzz from the Colts woman’s not her in a bad mood watching the Cubs lose again. Not sure how much postseason baseball I’ll watch after they’re done. It’s been a grueling season.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Didn’t watch a minute of it, listened a little I. Radio and followed in phone. Wanted to enjoy the buzz from the Colts woman’s not her in a bad mood watching the Cubs lose again. Not sure how much postseason baseball I’ll watch after they’re done. It’s been a grueling season.

I always watch the postseason and no matter what happens everyone knows the 2016 Cubs are the team of the decade homer simpson GIF

33 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Wow that’s some major autocorrect fail....my goodness. Not sure why you only get a short time to edit stuff on here? Are these government documents?

12 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Wow that’s some major autocorrect fail....my goodness. Not sure why you only get a short time to edit stuff on here? Are these government documents?

Lol. You can ask a mod to edit it for you. I once wrote something and wrote "higher" rather than "hire". It bothered me a lot; so, I asked a mod to edit it. It looked too weird. 

Kind of fitting that we play Cardinals at St Louis to end the season, especially after the comments Bryant made about that city, and the way they just swept the Cubs at Wrigley. Sometimes words come back to haunt you. Heck he may not even play after getting hurt yesterday.

This will be a completely different team come spring training I fear. A lot of people are free agents or pondering retirement like Zobrist.  Really sad to see this championship team end in this way, especially when all the talent was there and they just couldn’t utilize it properly after 2016. 

Here is a list of the players I think must stay.....

Rizzo

Baez

Contreras

Castellanos(crossing fingers)

Bryant

Hendricks

Quintana

Darvish(yeah I said it)

Zobrist(please!)

Heyward(maybe)

Hoerner (the kids magic)

Schwarber(maybe)

Ok, I guess if I get my way the team will stay mostly intact, lol.

Not able to get on here over the weekend.  Cubs fans, I feel for you...those were frustrating losses, but as a Cardinals fan, I'm glad to see how they stepped up, never gave up and left Chicago with a sweep, and a playoff birth clinched.

In the past few seasons, this would not have happened.  This Cardinals team has come together at the right time.  Starting pitching has improved, bullpen playing well and we're getting contributions from the entire roster.

We'll see what happens in the post-season, but the Dodgers and Braves are very good. 

Cardinals definitely stepped up and earned their place in the playoffs...I’m happy for them, even if some of their fans getting carried away rubbing it in(not on here). Brewers surprising the crap out of me, lose their best player and somehow got better, lol, makes sense.

Hearing Rumors now that Epstein might even be on the chopping block....wow!

27 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Cardinals definitely stepped up and earned their place in the playoffs...I’m happy for them, even if some of their fans getting carried away rubbing it in(not on here). Brewers surprising the crap out of me, lose their best player and somehow got better, lol, makes sense.

Hearing Rumors now that Epstein might even be on the chopping block....wow!

Yeah the Cards earned it. Any team that can win 4 straight at Wrigley deserves to win the division IMO. You never know but I would be shocked if Theo gets fired. That would be a huge mistake by the Cubs. To your list above regarding what players to keep, I think these guys are untouchable:

MVP

Rizzo

Baez

Hendricks

Yu = I agree with you. No other team would take his contract anyway. He has looked good lately though.

I am at a loss for words right now, not sure what we should do in the off season. We went from being a possible dynasty after winning the WS in 2016 to out of the playoffs in just 3 seasons. Something isn't right, we may have to clean house? Can't over pay guys and we do need to keep the obvious players as in Bryant, Rizzo, and Baez. We have a lot of trading pieces that are good players in Schwarber, Contreras, Bote, Heyward, and Almora Jr. Maddon may need to go too? We need younger pitching plain and simple. Lester and Hamels are too old.

Just some out loud thoughts.

Archived