Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol here we are right back where I said we would be , Cards stunk up the west coast trip. At that time it worried me. Now back within a Game of Cubs. It will come down to head to head most likely . However the Cards probably have a more favorable schedule down the stretch so who knows. Its going to be interesting and wouldn't have it any other way. I think your better off fighting to get in the playoffs than cruising in sometimes that has a negative effect.

Yeah this going to be a fight until the end IMO. The Cubs road woes are really hurting them. We are a much different team at home. Cards look strong again.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah this going to be a fight until the end IMO. The Cubs road woes are really hurting them. We are a much different team at home. Cards look strong again.

Wouldn't have it any other way hopefully they both make it in . The Brewers can stay at home :funny:

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah me either. I hope it ends up that way. Brewers are still hanging around. I think you are right, the head to head games between the Cubs and Cards will decide the division at the end. 

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/cardinals-promote-prospect-randy-arozarena   Im ready to see this kid from Cuba play ! Probably tonight

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah me either. I hope it ends up that way. Brewers are still hanging around. I think you are right, the head to head games between the Cubs and Cards will decide the division at the end. 

Yes that will make for some nail biting good times lol

If I was in Irsay's shoes, I would not anything regarding any player injuries. He isn't a doctor and really is just guessing on things. I would not have have said a word about Luck here. Everytime he says something, it gets nitpicked to death and some people think he is misleading or lying. In reality he is just guessing on these things. I think he talks because media and fans want to know what is going on. If I was him I wouldn't.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was in Irsay's shoes, I would not anything regarding any player injuries. He isn't a doctor and really is just guessing on things. I would not have have said a word about Luck here. Everytime he says something, it gets nitpicked to death and some people think he is misleading or lying. In reality he is just guessing on these things. I think he talks because media and fans want to know what is going on. If I was him I wouldn't.

Opps, wrong thread lmao . I have been going back and forth between here and the Irsay comment thread.

I Absolutely hate to be doom and gloom like the posters in the Colts threads, and know there’s nothing I can do about it, but gosh this crap keeps up and they will not make it past first round if they even get in. What has happened to these guys?

Harper makes it 11-0 with another HR. Might have to just shut this one off, frustrating game, and can’t only blame this on the Bullpen, Hammels was bad today. Doesn’t seem to be the same since coming back from injury. 

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Harper makes it 11-0 with another HR. Might have to just shut this one off, frustrating game, and can’t only blame this on the Bullpen, Hammels was bad today. Doesn’t seem to be the same since coming back from injury. 

I absolutely hate getting bombed , but to Hammels defense coming off DL as a pitcher is no easy task . Seldom are they sharp. They have to have him back to finish the home stretch. He will probably be much sharper next time out.

LLots of angry Cubs fans voicing their displeasure.... Even Cubs postgame host Dave Kaplan said this.....

Better stop deluding ourselves into thinking this team has any chance at a championship. Holes all over the roster. Just being honest. Need to make major moves in the off season.

Yikes! I don’t completely agree with him, maybe a couple holes, but if this team keeps coming out with no heart and playing like a defeated team, they have no chance.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Lots of angry Cubs fans voicing their displeasure.... Even Cubs postgame host Dave Kaplan said this.....

Better stop deluding ourselves into thinking this team has any chance at a championship. Holes all over the roster. Just being honest. Need to make major moves in the off season.

Yikes! 

What holes are there? Where do you think the Cubs should upgrade?

Just now, NFLfan said:

What holes are there? Where do you think the Cubs should upgrade?

I added a little more to my post after I originally posted it. 2nd base is still up in the air. Bote/Happ/Kemp are not the answer. LF is questionable. Our Bullpen is still not good. 

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs lead 5-0 over Philly in the bottom of the 7th, Cards down 2-0 to the Reds in the bottom of the 6th.

We might end up having to eat crow in the Darvish/Arrietta deal my friend. Yu is looking like the player Theo wanted all along. 10 strikeouts tonight, hasn’t had a walk in over 4 starts...not too shabby! Arrietta is hurt and out for season, kind of a flip flop of last season.  Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

We might end up having to eat crow in the Darvish/Arrietta deal my friend. Yu is looking like the player Theo wanted all along. 10 strikeouts tonight, hasn’t had a walk in over 4 starts...not too shabby! Arrietta is hurt and out for season, kind of a flip flop of last season.  Time will tell.

Yeah I agree, that is why I have always at least said that Theo knows a lot more than me lmao . Having said that, Jake at his best was better than Yu at his best but as of now, glad we have Yu.

Archived