Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cespedes = 3 HR's tonight! Could he hit 4?

haha I wish he would save some for another day. But that is impressive. It is still pretty early in the game. He can get one or two more opportunities to hit another one out.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Following it on ESPN, so sort of. If you go to the MLB Channel they keep showing when he comes up. You are able to get it being in NY right? I get all the Cubs games on 742 = UVerse.

Yeah, I have the Mets Channel which is called SNY. It shows almost all the games. It is showing here. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

7-1 now. Big Harv has a 1 hitter.

I went to a game a few years ago when Harvey had a no-hitter going into the seventh or eighth. We had gotten free tickets from work. He ended up giving up only one hit if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I went to a game a few years ago when Harvey had a no-hitter going into the seventh or eighth. We had gotten free tickets from work. He ended up giving up only one hit if I remember correctly.

When he is on, he is one of the best Pitchers in the league. I went to the Mets channel but it's blacked out here. At my parents they don't have the ticket, I don't have it either at my house. I do have the MLB channel and get Cubs games on 742/UVerse. When I get on ESPN.com I can follow any game though play by play which is sweet on the internet.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What is going on with the Cards? Is it the pitching? 

They have played two of the better offensive teams in baseball. I expect them to bounce back.  

Arizona is doing surprisingly in the early going. 

Washington and Cards are on ESPN, Washington is the just clubbing the ball. They have scary firepower! It's now 8-3 Wash!

5 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Both lol Rosenthall looked good and Bowman they shellacked Broxton. Come on Tyler Lyons we need you in a big way. Say goodbye to Broxton move Wainwright to the pen . Bring up one of the young guns and move on.

I was preparing to watch the Cub festivities and didn't know what had happened 

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you were the commissioner of Baseball, what are some of the changes you would make that you think would improve our game? Here are mine:

1. Team with the best record in the league gets overall HFA

2. Shorten the schedule to 130 games (instead of 162), start the season in the 3rd week of April and end it by mid September. Start the Playoffs on September 21st = beginning of fall this will assure the WS ends by the end of October. No bad weather from the 3rd week of April through October 31st!  130 games isn't near as long either so the average fan in general will have more interest watching the Regular Season.

3. 6 teams from each Conference make the Playoffs, 3 Division winners, 3 Wildcards - gives the fan of a team more reason to watch and it isn't too many teams. #1 and #2 seeds get a bye (2 teams with the best record) while watching #3 vs #6/#4 vs #5 BEST OF 3 series, 1-1-1, instead of just 1 game like #4 vs #5 is now. #1 Seed gets the winner of the lowest seed like in Football - THEN BEST OF 5 series in Round 2, 2-2-1. The NLCS and ALCS stay the same - BEST OF 7, 2-3-2. WS still the same but team with best record has HFA, 2-3-2.

Thoughts?

Like most of your ideas...but i dont want to shorten the season any just for stats reasoning, but starting the season earlier and shortening spring training might be an idea there.

One change I've always thought might be interesting would be in Interleague games, Switch the DH to the National League home games and make the pitchers hit in American League home games, just to give those fans a different perspective and see something other than what they see the majority of the time.

9 minutes ago, Colt Cola said:

Like most of your ideas...but i dont want to shorten the season any just for stats reasoning, but starting the season earlier and shortening spring training might be an idea there.

One change I've always thought might be interesting would be in Interleague games, Switch the DH to the National League home games and make the pitchers hit in American League home games, just to give those fans a different perspective and see something other than what they see the majority of the time.

One rule discussed last week during a Cubs game is to allow the home team to decide to use the DH and/or allow them to use it like softball and DH for someone other than the P

27 minutes ago, Colt Cola said:

Yeah I like that idea regarding the DH in the NL, pitchers hitting in the AL. That would be interesting. The main reasons why I am for shortening the season is it would keep the average fan more interested in the Regular Season from start to finish, it would also keep guys fresher for the Postseason. Also in some settings weather can still be bad in early April.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I like that idea regarding the DH in the NL, pitchers hitting in the AL. That would be interesting. The main reasons why I am for shortening the season is it would keep the average fan more interested in the Regular Season from start to finish, it would also keep guys fresher for the Postseason. Also in some settings weather can still be bad in early April.

I did not see your post from yesterday asking what changes we would make if we were commish.

I will think about it and comment later. However, #1 on my list will probably be to get rid of the DH altogether. That will never be approved by the players unless the league agrees to increase the roster spots.

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not see your post from yesterday asking what changes we would make if we were commish.

I will think about it and comment later. However, #1 on my list will probably be to get rid of the DH altogether. That will never be approved by the players unless the league agrees to increase the roster spots.

#1 for me as you read would be the team with the best record having HFA. You have the best record, you have earned it IMO.

52 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Mets lead 2-0 in the top of the 5th. They have the bases loaded with no outs. Zack Wheeler is pitching the shutout. 

Update:

4-2 Mets after single by Cabrera. Men at 1st and 3rd, still no outs. Cespedes at the plate.

Appears they found the bats.

Archived