Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Reds looking good. That’s the team I grew up watching on a daily basis. Brian Price was terrible. I was glad when they got rid of him. David Bell has been alright. Frankly, I think Reds are winning in spite of him

The whole Central is up in the air IMO. The Cubs, Cards, and Brewers keep blowing games they should win. Reds are up and coming and very talented.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5806

  • NFLfan

    2266

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1833

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

Reds looking good. That’s the team I grew up watching on a daily basis. Brian Price was terrible. I was glad when they got rid of him. David Bell has been alright. Frankly, I think Reds are winning in spite of him

 

The Reds are doing well. That is good to see.

 

Who is Irvin? A Mets fan said he wants to trade for this guy because the Reds are not using him and the Mets fan thinks Irvin has some value. I know nothing about him. Any thoughts?

 

Btw, nice to see you posting here again, @Luck is Good.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

The Reds are doing well. That is good to see.

 

Who is Irvin? A Mets fan said he wants to trade for this guy because the Reds are not using him and the Mets fan thinks Irvin has some value. I know nothing about him. Any thoughts?

 

Btw, nice to see you posting here again, @Luck is Good.

Michael Irvin haha?  He was a great WR and in the HOFame. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

The Reds are doing well. That is good to see.

 

Who is Irvin? A Mets fan said he wants to trade for this guy because the Reds are not using him and the Mets fan thinks Irvin has some value. I know nothing about him. Any thoughts?

 

Btw, nice to see you posting here again, @Luck is Good.

He’s been good this year when given playing time. Came up with some timely hits last Sunday against Cubs. Made a really nice catch on Thursday to help seal a series win against Brewers. How about that NL East? Phillies have been a disappointment up to this point

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The whole Central is up in the air IMO. The Cubs, Cards, and Brewers keep blowing games they should win. Reds are up and coming and very talented.

Both Cubs and Reds involved in big rivalry series this weekend

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luck is Good said:

He’s been good this year when given playing time. Came up with some timely hits last Sunday against Cubs. Made a really nice catch on Thursday to help seal a series win against Brewers. How about that NL East? Phillies have been a disappointment up to this point

If you remember I picked the Braves to win that division before the season started. Phills getting Harper did not wow me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you remember I picked the Braves to win that division before the season started. Phills getting Harper did not wow me.

No I don’t remember that. I haven’t been on here for a bit. A person could tell the Braves were going to be good. Not over yet though

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

He’s been good this year when given playing time. Came up with some timely hits last Sunday against Cubs. Made a really nice catch on Thursday to help seal a series win against Brewers.

 

Thanks. Do you think the Reds would part with him for a starting pitcher?

 

8 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

How about that NL East? Phillies have been a disappointment up to this point

 

The Mets have helped the Phillies have life. Without the wins against the Mets, the Phillies would be way behind. 

 

Harper has been a disappointment for them. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

Thanks. Do you think the Reds would part with him for a starting pitcher?

 

 

The Mets have helped the Phillies have life. Without the wins against the Mets, the Phillies would be way behind. 

 

Harper has been a disappointment for them. 

I have no idea if they would do a deal for that. As for Harper, it’d be absolutely embarrassing if the Nationals make the postseason and the Phillies don’t make it

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

The Reds are doing well. That is good to see.

 

Who is Irvin? A Mets fan said he wants to trade for this guy because the Reds are not using him and the Mets fan thinks Irvin has some value. I know nothing about him. Any thoughts?

 

Btw, nice to see you posting here again, @Luck is Good.

Philip Irvin is a former first round draft pick who kind of stalled in the minors. He has been up and downbut the last 2 years he has performed well when playing. If he could continue this as a regular who knows? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HOZER said:

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

Yeah we took game 1 over the Sox and now back in 1st place in the NL Central. Glad to see Kimbrel get the save after the other night. Brewers and Cards both lost. 1 more game then the all-star break. NL Central standings as of now look like this:

 

Cubs 47-42

Brewers 47-43 (.5 back)

Cards 44-43 (2 back)

Pirates 43-45 (3.5 back)

Reds 41-45 (4.5 back)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 Guess things got a little dicey during the Mets Phillies game yesterday.....

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cubshq.com/amp/update/WATCH-Jake-Arrieta-threatens-Todd-Frazier-says-he-will-put-a-dent-in-his-skull-26888

 

 

Arrietta cracks me up, lol! Man I miss having him on the Cubs!

 

I saw that last night. Hope Arietta gets suspended. He hit 3 of our guys yesterday and then threatens my man Todd after the game. What a (you know what)! I hope Todd stays classy and ignores him.

 

Glad the Mets beat him and stood up for Todd. :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

 Guess things got a little dicey during the Mets Phillies game yesterday.....

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cubshq.com/amp/update/WATCH-Jake-Arrieta-threatens-Todd-Frazier-says-he-will-put-a-dent-in-his-skull-26888

 

 

Arrietta cracks me up, lol! Man I miss having him on the Cubs!

Yeah what Jake said was wrong because people could take that as a threat but I seriously doubt he was serious. In the heat of the moment we all say dumb things. Jake is frustrated because Philly is struggling. I thought Frazier overreacted when he got hit by Jake. It wasn't close to his head and Frazier went nuts. I like Frazier as a player though. Jake is one of the best pitchers ever in Cubs history. Yu sucks lmao . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah what Jake said was wrong because people could take that as a threat but I seriously doubt he was serious. In the heat of the moment we all say dumb things. Jake is frustrated because Philly is struggling. I thought Frazier overreacted when he got hit by Jake. It wasn't close to his head and Frazier went nuts. I like Frazier as a player though. Jake is one of the best pitchers ever in Cubs history. Yu sucks lmao . 

 

I did not think Frazier went nuts.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He lost his cool and got kicked out. What would be a better word to use?

 

I think he said something to the umpire to get kicked out but he had every reason to be upset. If you check, Mets players have been hit more than players on any other NL team. They need a leader to say this can't continue.

 

Then Jake went on to hit another player despite having been warned. The Mets hit him right back. The right way. Lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

I think he said something to the umpire to get kicked out but he had every reason to be upset. If you check, Mets players have been hit more than players on any other team. By far. They need a leader to say this can't continue. Then Jake goes on to hit another player. Lol.

That is fair enough. I can see why he would want to fire up the Mets. Maddon did it the other night at Pitt. It fired the Cubs up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is fair enough. I can see why he would want to fire up the Mets. Maddon did it the other night at Pitt. It fired the Cubs up.

 

Todd's reply to Jake's threat:

 

“He can say what he wants. I am just sick of getting hit, especially by this team.”

 

Much more classy than threatening an opposing player.

 

Link

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Todd's reply:

 

“He can say what he wants. I am just sick of getting hit, especially by this team.”

 

Link

I read the link and I don't blame Frazier for being upset. Those teams sound like they have a bad history with this. When the Cubs play Pitt, we have a problem with them hitting our guys as well. That is why Maddon lost it the other night. After Frazier got hit he was angry and Jake was actually calm looking at him like what lmao . Jake hit him with a change up in the arm. After Frazier got kicked out he was cussing and threw his helmet in the dug out. I think Jake wasn't intentionally trying to hit him. Had Jake hit him in the head with a fastball I could see Frazier losing his cool then, 

 

It is what Jake said after the game where he was wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I read the link and I don't blame Frazier for being upset. Those teams sound like they have a bad history with this. When the Cubs play Pitt, we have a problem with them hitting our guys as well. That is why Maddon lost it the other night. After Frazier got hit he was angry and Jake was actually calm looking at him like what lmao . Jake hit him with a change up in the arm. After Frazier got kicked out he was cussing and threw his helmet in the dug out. I think Jake wasn't intentionally trying to hit him. Had Jake hit him in the head with a fastball I could see Frazier losing his cool then, 

 

It is what Jake said after the game where he was wrong. 

 

If Jake hit him in the head, Todd would not be going nuts. 

 

Jake hit 3 guys yesterday. How many more should he hit before he realizes that the other team will not take too kindly to that. Sorry, I can't defend Jake. Todd is as nice a guy as you can find. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

I did not think Frazier went nuts.

The Umpires apparently did, they ejected him.

 

What Jake said was probably uncalled for, and out of frustration, but he doesn’t take crap from anyone either. He calmly stood there, Nothing more. If he wanted to hit him on purpose, it wouldn’t have been to the elbow. 

 

Cubs get hit all the time, Rizzo especially due to him crowding the plate. They all take their free base with class, and let Madden do the talking, lol!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOZER said:

The Umpires apparently did, they ejected him.

 

What Jake said was probably uncalled for, and out of frustration, but he doesn’t take crap from anyone either. He calmly stood there, Nothing more. If he wanted to hit him on purpose, it wouldn’t have been to the elbow. 

 

Cubs get hit all the time, Rizzo especially due to him crowding the plate. They all take their free base with class, and let Madden do the talking, lol!

 

Lol. Of course Arietta calmly stood there. He was not the one hit. 

 

The Mets lead the league in hit batters and it isn't because they are crowding the plate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. Of course Arietta calmly stood there. He was not the one hit. 

 

The Mets lead the league in hit batters and it isn't because they are crowding the plate. 

 

What I meant was if you act dumb after being warned then you’ll get tossed, the Umpires won’t put up with it. Again, if Arrietta meant to hit him it wouldn’t have been the elbow.

 

And last year it was Tampa Bay that led the League in hit by pitches, year before Pittsburg, and before that the Cubs. It’s frustrating, I get it, but to think it’s some type of conspiracy by all teams against one team is silly. Maybe if there’s personal beef between two teams then yes, as there was last week between Cubs/Pirates and maybe yesterday between Mets/Phillies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 

What I meant was if you act dumb after being warned then you’ll get tossed, the Umpires won’t put up with it. Again, if Arrietta meant to hit him it wouldn’t have been the elbow.

 

And last year it was Tampa Bay that led the League in hit by pitches, year before Pittsburg, and before that the Cubs. It’s frustrating, I get it, but to think it’s some type of conspiracy by all teams against one team is silly. Maybe if there’s personal beef between two teams then yes, as there was last week between Cubs/Pirates and maybe yesterday between Mets/Phillies.

 

Who said it was a conspiracy?

 

The players get frustrated when they are repeatedly getting hit. Phillies have hit Mets players 12 times so far this year. And they are one of our biggest rivals because of proximity of the two cities and being in the same division. Arietta hit 3 Mets players yesterday. 

 

So are you saying that players should not get upset for getting hit by a pitch? I'm sure there have been Cubs who have charged the mound in Cubs history.  From the time I began watching baseball, I have seen players retaliate for getting hit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Who said it was a conspiracy?

 

The players get frustrated when they are repeatedly getting hit. And the Phillies have hit them 12 times this year. And they are one of our biggest rivals because of proximity of the two cities and being in the same division.  

 

So you're saying players should not get upset for getting hit by a pitch? I'm sure there have been Cubs who have charged the mound in Cubs history.  From the time I began watching baseball, I have seen players get upset for getting hit. Phillies have hit Mets players 12 times so far this year. 

That's a lot for one year it sounds a lot  like Baker and Larussa  . Baker team would hit a Card . You knew retaliation was coming . In all honesty you have to do it to protect teammate . 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

That's a lot for one year it sounds a lot  like Baker and Larussa  

 

They have two more series to go. Coming into this game, the Phillies had hit the Mets 12 times and the Mets hit them six times. The Mets hit Hoskins on the leg today. Then he hit a HR in his next at bat. That's a way to retaliate. 

 

How is Goldy doing?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

They have two more series to go. Coming into this game, the Phillies had hit the Mets 12 times and the Mets hit them six times. The Mets hit Hoskins on the leg today. Then he hit a HR in his next at bat. That's a way to retaliate. 

 

How is Goldy doing?

Hes doing ok showing signs of heating up . Hitting around 260 right now with 15 homers . Im excited what the Edman kid has brought . Loved him in spring . Ozuna should be back soon .

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Who said it was a conspiracy?

 

The players get frustrated when they are repeatedly getting hit. Phillies have hit Mets players 12 times so far this year. And they are one of our biggest rivals because of proximity of the two cities and being in the same division. Arietta hit 3 Mets players yesterday. 

 

So are you saying that players should not get upset for getting hit by a pitch? I'm sure there have been Cubs who have charged the mound in Cubs history.  From the time I began watching baseball, I have seen players retaliate for getting hit.

bored homer simpson GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets lead the league in hit batters and it isn't because they are crowding the plate. 

 Then why? Because opposing pitchers just want to hit Mets players? This is why I asked if you think it’s some type of conspiracy.

 

 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So are you saying that players should not get upset for getting hit by a pitch? I'm sure there have been Cubs who have charged the mound in Cubs history.  From the time I began watching baseball, I have seen players retaliate for getting hit.

 

Yes, there have been Cubs players that have retaliated, never said they haven’t. Of course they should be angry, it hurts, and could even put you on the IL. Say your piece and take your free base. Rush the mound or press the issue, and now you’re out of the game, and no longer able to help your team. Not smart. It’s stupid for pitchers to purposely hit anyone, you’re giving up a free base, risking someone’s health, and essentially walking someone. Then there’s some pitchers who admit to pitching up and inside to try to throw off batters, but not hit them. Sometimes crap just happens. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 Then why? Because opposing pitchers just want to hit Mets players? This is why I asked if you think it’s some type of conspiracy.

 

 

 

Yes, there have been Cubs players that have retaliated, never said they haven’t. Of course they should be angry, it hurts, and could even put you on the IL. Say your piece and take your free base. Rush the mound or press the issue, and now you’re out of the game, and no longer able to help your team. Not smart. It’s stupid for pitchers to purposely hit anyone, you’re giving up a free base, risking someone’s health, and essentially walking someone. Then there’s some pitchers who admit to pitching up and inside to try to throw off batters, but not hit them. Sometimes crap just happens. 

My guess is @NFLfan is more bothered by what Jake said after the game. IMO Jake did not intentionally hit Frazier though, he was just wild yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Since Rogers isn’t currently on a team, maybe these numbers don’t quite paint the picture you seem to and there is a lot more to it than what nextgen can show.  If in fact CR was the 5th best at getting open in the entire NFL then you’d think he’d have gotten a contract from someone.  Must be more to this story.
    • There's just no way to know how much Reich impacts the D. Obviously he approves the game plan though. IMO, either both Reich and Flus are conservative, or Reich is impacting Flus to be more conservative. And I just don't think Flus is conservative looking at his entire history. If you look at his days as DC at the college level, I don't see conservative play. 
    • Thanks for filling my stats pail.  I am way too lazy to figure out how to look all that stuff up.   It looks like our receivers are well below league average on seperation this year as I suspected.  This is the post in the discussion that led to my request for the stats dole.     Posted Sunday at 07:56 AM    On 10/23/2020 at 6:26 PM,  EastStreet said:  ?? Separation is average at worst #14), and YAC is almost top 10.      “Can you find WR downfield route separation as opposed to RB behind and near the LOS numbers? I would suspect that our WR separation numbers are very low with old TY, slow Pascal whom I like as a complimentary player by the way, and a bunch of p squad guys.   I think that would give us a better idea of what is going on out there.  It seems oversimplified to just quote overall numbers when many of our passes are to rbs.   Of course these routes are going to have more separation and yacs.   You catch a swing pass out if the backfiels. You are normally open by at least 3 to for yds then have some yac after that.  Probably skews your narrative I would think “
    • I’m a Ravens fan, but still also a Baltimore Colt fan. I had to change with the times also, but the Indy Colts is a fine organization, with their own great history. There are plenty of other things to mutually dislike like Pittsburgh and New England. KC may soon be joining that list. 
    • I have noticed Jim has posted regularly when any Baltimore Colt has passed away, the last couple of years. To know about Orrsville, he must really be studying on the history of the Colts.  Besides the banners , the other split history is Baltimore having the old Baltimore Colts numbers in their Ring of Honor at Raven’s stadium , while they are not in Indy. Indy doesn’t generally give out those retired Baltimore Colt numbers to current Indy Colts , but oddly gave John Mackey’s number to Marvin Harrison. That is no knock on Marvin , as he wore #88 in fine fashion as did Mackey. Just some interesting tidbits. 
  • Members

    • TwoTonShogun

      TwoTonShogun 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 10,911

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 4,985

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HectorRoberts

      HectorRoberts 821

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BCoop

      BCoop 424

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PrincetonTiger

      PrincetonTiger 11,944

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,449

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • runthepost

      runthepost 1,153

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • newb767

      newb767 27

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlueCollarColts

      BlueCollarColts 1,574

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...