Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never seen you take a loss like this. Enthusiasm is always nice sad homer simpson GIFupset homer simpson GIF

I've taken Vikings losses like that.

I was wondering why this loss bothers me so much. I have a feeling that it is because I am following the game threads. Those threads have hundreds of posts, many with negative messages. That negativity permeates our psyche. It shows the power of words.

I've only started following the game threads this year. This is one of the only games that I watched from beginning to end but I did miss the Baez HR. So I saw all the moves, rather than reading about them. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I've taken Vikings losses like that.

I was wondering why it bothers me so much. I have a feeling that it is because I am following the game threads. Those threads have hundreds of posts, many with negative messages. That negativity permeates our psyche. It shows the power of words.

I've only started following the game threads this year. This is one of the only games that I watched from beginning to end but I did miss the Baez HR.

I have followed the game threads since 2009, no wonder why I feel old haha . If you knew how many people have ripped the Cubs since 2015-now you would be shocked. Many people think Maddon should be fired and we suck lmao , Bryant is overrated, Jake was a flash in the pan, etc.. :funny:. This has been going on for 5 seasons. These are Cubs fans saying it haha  but yet we won a WS in 2016 and have more wins than any team since the 2015 Season. 

My Cubs all-decade team 2010-2019 for 1 game would be:

CF Dexter Fowler

3B Kris Bryant (MVP)

LF Ben Zobrist

1B Anthony Rizzo

2B El Mago

C Wilson Contreras

SS Addison Russell

RF Jason Heyward

P Jake Arrieta

*If the DH is in play then Kyle Schwarber would bat 9th, no pitcher.

Pitching would be:

Jake Arrieta for 5 innings (righty)

Jon Lester for 3 innings (lefty)

Aroldis Chapman for the 9th (lefty)

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

You don't think that having had McNeil and Conforto in the lineup would have given the Mets a better chance to score more runs?

Of course it would have but nothings guaranteed. The Cubs have had Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Schwarber the whole series, all great hitters, but have come up short for the most part the last 3 games. 

Here's a legit question, are people that are not Cubs fans sick of the Cubs?

I mean they win all the time over the last 5 years in dramatic ways. They have won a Championship but they aren't the Warriors who have won 3 Championships. They are not LeBron James who makes the news if he uses the bathroom lol. They are not the Pats who have 6 SB's. Just a legit question I was wondering about.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's a legit question, are people that are not Cubs fans sick of the Cubs?

I mean they win all the time over the last 5 years in dramatic ways. They have won a Championship but they aren't the Warriors who have won 3 Championships. They are not LeBron James who makes the news if he uses the bathroom lol. They are not the Pats who have 6 SB's. Just a legit question I was wondering about.

I’m sick of them

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have followed the game threads since 2009, no wonder why I feel old haha . If you knew how many people have ripped the Cubs since 2015-now you would be shocked. Many people think Maddon should be fired and we suck lmao , Bryant is overrated, Jake was a flash in the pan, etc.. :funny:. This has been going on for 5 seasons. These are Cubs fans saying it haha  but yet we won a WS in 2016 and have more wins than any team since the 2015 Season. 

But you don't agree with what the negative posters have to say. So, you can ignore them. On the Vikings game threads many times I don't agree with comments and I ignore them. The difference yesterday is that I agreed with the fans. What made me upset yesterday were 1) the lineup, 2) leaving Lugo in after being gassed, 3) not bringing in Diaz, 4) making a double switch on the 8th that made no sense -- our best hitter in McNiel never got to bat, 5) not pinch-hitting for Cano or Gomez (we needed players to get on base for McNeil). We may not have won but he could have given us a better chance to win. 

Notice that the word "Cubs" never came up in what I wrote. It would not have mattered who our opponent was. It just happened to be the Cubs. The manager did not put the team in position to win.

Ever get upset with "playing not to lose" and playing prevent defense. Would it matter if the Colts were playing the Pats, Texans or Arizona Cards? You may not like it regardless of the opponent.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

But you don't agree with what the negative posters have to say. So, you can ignore them. On the Vikings game threads many times I don't agree with comments and I ignore them. The difference yesterday is that I agreed with the fans. What made me upset yesterday were 1) the lineup, 2) leaving Lugo in after being gassed, 3) not bringing in Diaz, 4) making a double switch on the 8th that made no sense -- our best hitter in McNiel never got to bat, 5) not pinch-hitting for Cano or Gomez (we needed players to get on base for McNeil). We may not have won but he could have given us a better chance to win. 

Notice that the word "Cubs" never came up in what I wrote. It would not have mattered honour opponent was. It just so happened that it was the Cubs. The manager did not put the team in position to win.

Ever get upset with "playing not to lose" and playing prevent defense. Would it matter if the Colts are playing the Pats, Texans or Arizona Cards?

I have never seen you so upset after a loss but El Mago does that to teams. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You weren't upset after the loss? What do I have wrong homer confused GIF

You wrote that El Mago has a way of getting people upset. That is what you have wrong. He did not upset me. The Mets manager did. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What? You have it all wrong.

I don’t think his question was implying anything about yesterday’s game against the Mets, I think it was a general question.

I read a lot of negative crap about the Cubs, and for the most part I ignore it too. I don’t know if the hate is due to them winning so much recently, a lot of people accuse Cubs fans of being fake bandwagon fans and only recently starting to follow them and not being fans of them when they flat out sucked. I’m not really sure why it matters to anyone when someone started being a fan, to each their own. If the Cubs start to suck again, we’ll know who the true fans are. Some people don’t like the Cubs culture, the Wrigleyville atmosphere, the W flag, etc. etc.

15 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I don’t think his question was implying anything about yesterday’s game against the Mets, I think it was a general question.

I read a lot of negative crap about the Cubs, and for the most part I ignore it too. I don’t know if the hate is due to them winning so much recently, a lot of people accuse Cubs fans of being fake bandwagon fans and only recently starting to follow them and not being fans of them when they flat out sucked. I’m not really sure why it matters to anyone when someone started being a fan, to each their own. If the Cubs start to suck again, we’ll know who the true fans are. Some people don’t like the Cubs culture, the Wrigleyville atmosphere, the W flag, etc. etc.

I've never had a problem with the Cubs or their fans. I actually don't have a problem with fans of any baseball team. Now, it is different in football. 

Anyway, the Mets are losing 10-6 to the Phils who were swept by the Marlins. Lol.

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

100% correct

48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win over the Braves, 1 ahead over the BrewCrew in the NL Central now. Still in 1st place. Fly the flag Hozer. Lets see how tomorrow goes. We beat a red hot team tonight!

6CA6C64A-328D-4B5C-987D-E7E4340F11D5.jpeg.cbd6c74eb60f280982443327f9ad4bd1.jpeg

I missed the first couple innings, was keeping track on phone, didn’t realize things got chippy with the benches clearing after the Contreras HR! Seems the Cubs were playing with a little extra edge tonight, I love it!!! 

Archived