Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

The Mets are not a good team. They should have won yesterday with deGrom pitching brilliantly -- only 47 or so pitches after 5 innings, no runs. I thought he was going all the way. He gets hurt in the 7th and the manager takes brings in a reliever with 2 men out. Only 2 and a third innings to go for the win and the bullpen can't protect a 3-run lead, which became a 4-run lead after the Mets scored an insurance run in the 8th. :(

 

Now today, it was all bad, losing 7-1. They lose 2 out of 3 to Arizona. :scorebad:

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5804

  • NFLfan

    2265

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1833

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

Glad to see the Cubs get back on track offensively today. Up 6-0 on the Angels in the bottom of the 6th right now. Lester is pitching a shutout as well. When the Cubs play like this they are very fun to watch. It is good to be back home at Wrigley.

 

With a win today the Cubs will move within a game of 1st place in the NL Central at 32-26. The Brewers are currently 34-26 and have the day off today. Assuming the Cubs do win this, them and the Brewers would have the same amount of losses at the end of today. I expect this division to be tight all season. Cards are currently in 3rd at 30-28, 3 games back of the Brewers. They have the day off today as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad to see the Cubs get back on track offensively today. Up 6-0 on the Angels in the bottom of the 6th right now. Lester is pitching a shutout as well. When the Cubs play like this they are very fun to watch. It is good to be back home at Wrigley.

 

With a win today the Cubs will move within a game of 1st place in the NL Central at 32-26. The Brewers are currently 34-26 and have the day off today. Assuming the Cubs do win this, them and the Brewers would have the same amount of losses at the end of today. I expect this division to be tight all season. Cards are currently in 3rd at 30-28, 3 games back of the Brewers. They have the day off today as well.

 

I did not realize the Cubs were no longer in first place. Good luck.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I left the game with the Mets up 3-2. It is now tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 9th. We hoped Thor would get the win but the bullpen again can't keep a lead. :(

Did you have fun? Cubs are up 5-3 in the 8th over a red hot Rockies team. A win tonight will put the Cubs back in 1st place by % points over the Brewers in the NL Central. Brewers are getting blown out 15-0 by the Fish haha . 

 

The Mets are still 3-3 top of the 10th.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did you have fun? Cubs are up 5-3 in the 8th over a red hot Rockies team. A win tonight will put the Cubs back in 1st place by % points over the Brewers in the NL Central. Brewers are getting blown out 15-0 by the Fish haha . 

 

The Mets are still 3-3 top of the 10th.

 

Yes, I had a lot of fun. I was happy to see and spend time with many people I have not seen in a while. The game itself was competitive. That's always good.

 

Ron Darling was back. The stadium showed him on the big screen and played the song "Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back". We were happy to see him return after treatment for cancer. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win! 6-3 over the Rockies. Glad to see Strop is back, he pitched a flawless 9th. Brewers lost 16-0 to the Fish. In just 2 days the momentum has shifted back to the Cubs in the division. Cubs are now 33-26 back in 1st place in the NL Central. Brewers fall to 34-27.

 

Cubs 33-26 (55.9%) in 1st by % points

Brewers 34-27 (55.7%)

 

Fly the flag Hozer, as of June 4th we are in 1st in the NL Central.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

During the game, I spoke to a man on my right. He told me that his daughter was in school in Pittsburgh and that he went to a game at their ball park while visiting her there. He said he liked that stadium a lot. He said it was a lot smaller than CitiField. 

 

@PuntersArePeopleToo I can't recall if you visited that stadium. Have you?

 

@buccolts Have you been to a game at the current stadium in Pittsburgh?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

Im really starting to like the Gonzales pick up, though it could mean the end of Zobrist :Cry:There’s rumors that he may not come back this season. I wish him and his children well with the situation they’re dealing with, that’s more important then anything at the moment!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

Im really starting to like the Gonzales pick up, though it could mean the end of Zobrist :Cry:There’s rumors that he may not come back this season. I wish him and his children well with the situation they’re dealing with, that’s more important then anything at the moment!

Yeah Benny is clutch and a favorite of mine but does have personal problems. That catch by Gonzales vs the Angels was unreal. One of the best catches I have seen all year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NFLfan said:

During the game, I spoke to a man on my right. He told me that his daughter was in school in Pittsburgh and that he went to a game at their ball park while visiting her there. He said he liked that stadium a lot. He said it was a lot smaller than CitiField. 

 

@PuntersArePeopleToo I can't recall if you visited that stadium. Have you?

 

@buccolts Have you been to a game at the current stadium in Pittsburgh?

Correct I have not had the chance to, I plan on going when the Cubs face them and Indians are also home so I can go to both stadiums. Earliest will be 2020 season as I would have this year but my internship takes all my days. 

 

I have been to Wrigley, Guaranteed Rate, Busch, Miller Park, GABP, Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Citizens Bank, Fenway, Kauffman, Rogers Centre.  I plan on going to Arlington in Aug/Sept for labor day weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What a week

  Monday-CarGo arrives 

  Wednesday-Craig Kimberly is signed

Yeah both are huge additions. The Kimbrel signing is gigantic as our Bullpen has given away at least 4 or 5 games so far this season. Kimbrel had his choice of several teams but chose the Cubs :thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah both are huge additions. The Kimbrel signing is gigantic as our Bullpen has given away at least 4 or 5 games so far this season. Kimbrel had his choice of several teams but chose the Cubs :thmup:

3 year deal too

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs are rolling tonight, 8-3 now in the 7th. Brewers are down 8-1 in the 7th. Great week so far for the Cubs + adding Kimbrel to the pitching staff. Cubs have just simply been one of the best franchises over the last 5 years in Baseball. Glad to see after stinking for years. I could argue the Cubs have been the best franchise in Baseball over the last 5 years (2015-2019) because they have won more games than any team in that time frame and won a WS in 2016.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win, Cubs win again! 9-8 over a tough Rockies team. Cubs now improve to 34-26 on the season. Brewers lost and fall to 34-28. Cubs now have a full game lead in the NL Central. Fly the flag Hozer. 

 

Our new weapon will be joining the team soon in Craig Kimbrel baby! lisa simpson dancing GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, Cubs win again! 9-8 over a tough Rockies team. Cubs now improve to 34-26 on the season. Brewers lost and fall to 34-28. Cubs now have a full game lead in the NL Central. Fly the flag Hozer. 

 

Our new weapon will be joining the team soon in Craig Kimbrel baby! lisa simpson dancing GIF

 

Congrats! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

Kept hearing the Kimbrel rumors but didn’t want to believe it until confirmed. Well now it’s confirmed! Welcome to the team Sir!!! Hope you brought the heat with you, because the Cubs were dying for a quality closer! Couple bats are also coming back alive in Contreras/Bote, this could be fun!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

Kept hearing the Kimbrel rumors but didn’t want to believe it until confirmed. Well now it’s confirmed! Welcome to the team Sir!!! Hope you brought the heat with you, because the Cubs were dying for a quality closer! Couple bats are also coming back alive in Contreras/Bote, this could be fun!!!

This evens the playing field level with what the Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers have in getting Kimbrel. Strop is healthy now too. Bote is so solid. We have won more games than any team over the last 5 years, time for Title #2. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This evens the playing field level with what the Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers have in getting Kimbrel. Strop is healthy now too. Bote is so solid. We have won more games than any team over the last 5 years, time for Title #2. 

 

Best team in baseball this year may be the Twins. Have you seen what they're doing?

 

Great signing for the Cubs.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Best team in baseball this year may be the Twins. Have you seen what they're doing?

 

Great signing for the Cubs.

I am still not sold on the Twins being real dangerous. So far they have a great record though, so respect for that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

A loss today, but still won the series, I’ll take it. On to those pesky Cardinals!!!!

Yeah I am happy with 2 of 3. Rockies are good. I am hoping for 2 of 3 vs the Cards as well. I have a feeling this whole season will be full of ups and downs. Already has been lmao .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge win over the Cards 3-1, fly the flag Hozer. Cubs now 35-27 and still in 1st place in the NL Central as of June 7th. Nice to see this after last weekend. Very nice win today.

 

There is my girl Kelly interviewing El Mago, Mago hit a 2 Run HR. Hamels dominated.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That's on the upper end of WR2 money. Gonna say their calcs are off lol... Pascal is a great depth guy, but IMO he's too much of a tweener. Runs great routes, but isn't fast, and lacks some of the measurables. If he was faster, he'd make a great slot or Z. If he were bigger, he'd make a great X. He's just caught in between as a small X or slow/big slot. I'd say he's more 3/4, than 4/5. I'd love to keep him as that 4 guy. Just my opinion, but I think he'd make a good possession slot. Burton is getting those reps now. Will be interesting to see the re-shuffle once Pittman gets back at X.
    • Yup. Has zero to do with race, and everything to do with his ability to read, progress, etc.. Good guy and all, just not very good. Wasn't really that good in college either. He's likely better off in another scheme to be honest where there is less focus on reads and progressions. Chud's O was probably better suited for him as it's more throw-to-spot, than read, progress, and make a bunch of decisions. But to bring race into the discussion is silly given most of the top QBs in the league (Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Prescott, Watson, etc.). Nobody cares about that.
    • https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/zach-pascal-22405/market-value/   i can’t believe Pascal’s perceived contract value is being shown at 8.4 million avg and 4yrs. That is a lot of money for a guy who really hasn’t put together an entire season or even really half of a season with numbers that make you feel he has more to his ceiling. He at times has made some plays and looked like is he breaking out and then he levels back out. He is a usable 4/5th receiver imho but nowhere near 8 million $/yr. wow! 
    • He wasn't horrible. He had the lowest completion rate of DBs in his limited time. He did look lost at times, but that's to be expected for a rook changing positions. Keep in mind Tell was a FS at USC, and converted to CB last year. He's built like a tall corner, so filling in for Moore at NB probably wasn't ideal. Can he play NB, IDK. He was never physical in college. He's also not fast (4.6ish). He did score well in agility in the shuttle though.   I really don't know where he'll fit. Not fast enough IMO to play CB1 or CB2. Not sure if he's physical enough to play NB or SS. Probably fine to play split safety in a two high. If he could toughen up, could be good at NB, dime, or SS, but he was never that guy in college. Perhaps a rona year hitting the weights will help. 
    • Brissett was given every opportunity to prove himself to the coaches and GM and he failed.  He's a good back up QB and that is where he is at.  He had 2 seasons and was given a huge pay check.   He is an average starter at best.   Bringing race into this discussion is stupid.   
  • Members

    • Pelt

      Pelt 683

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 59

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,514

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bmeyer1888

      bmeyer1888 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • teganslaw

      teganslaw 612

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 3,908

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 4,931

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DarkSuperman

      DarkSuperman 3,810

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfansince65

      coltsfansince65 1,400

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...