Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

First off....what a terrifying moment tonight, I can’t begin to imagine what Almora felt after that as he’s a parent of two toddlers...so awful!!!! Glad she’s going to be ok it seems, here’s another link. Heartbreaking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1281122001

 

Although I’m happy for the win, I would take a loss if it meant that didn’t happen to the poor little tike.....but I’ll still dust this thing off.....

 

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

 

 

 

I agree, great post. Glad the kid will be fine. What a scary moment. Yeah the flag was collecting dust there for a minute :funny:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5804

  • NFLfan

    2265

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1833

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

First off....what a terrifying moment tonight, I can’t begin to imagine what Almora felt after that as he’s a parent of two toddlers...so awful!!!! Glad she’s going to be ok it seems, here’s another link. Heartbreaking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1281122001

 

Although I’m happy for the win, I would take a loss if it meant that didn’t happen to the poor little tike.....but I’ll still dust this thing off.....

 

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

 

Thanks for the article. It got very silent at that stadium. I'm surprised they kept Almora in. He seemed so shook up.

 

The article does not necessarily say that the kid is ok. It says she was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure. Hope she is fine.

 

Anyway, the players on this Cubs team are very likeable. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

These Dodgers hitters are so tough. Mets and Dodgers tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 3rd. Men on first and third and 2 outs for Dodgers.

Dodgers are very good every year but still haven't won a WS with this group. Every year it seems like it may be their year but then they fold in the WS or the NLCS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers are very good every year but still haven't won a WS with this group. Every year it seems like it may be their year but then they fold in the WS or the NLCS.

 

They played better teams. No one was beating the Red Sox last year. The year before was Houston's year. Maybe this year the Dodgers will win. 

 

Btw, Minnesota Twins are looking good. Best record in baseball as of this morning. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

They played better teams. No one was beating the Red Sox last year. The year before was Houston's year. Maybe this year the Dodgers will win. 

 

Btw, Minnesota Twins are looking good. Best record in baseball as of this morning. 

Dodgers should've beat Houston IMO, they had Game 7 at home. I do agree though, they have lost to great teams the last 3 years. Cubs beat them in 2016 (NLCS), Houston in 2017, Sox last year. Some teams just have bad luck and never get over the hump. Look at the Indians for example the last 3 years too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers should've beat Houston IMO, they had Game 7 at home. I do agree though, they have lost to great teams the last 3 years. Cubs beat them in 2016 (NLCS), Houston in 2017, Sox last year. Some teams just have bad luck and never get over the hump. Look at the Indians for example the last 3 years too.

 

They lost to the WS champs every year. haha

 

Mets lead 5-3 now, after the 2nd 2-run HR in this game by our rookie Pete Alonso.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

They lost to the WS champs every year. haha

 

Mets lead 5-3 now, after the 2nd 2-run HR in this game by our rookie Pete Alonso.

True but they were better than Houston in 2017 all year until Game 7 of the WS. Cubs and Sox were definitely better, those teams had special seasons winning a ton of games. 2017 should've been the Dodgers year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but they were better than Houston in 2017 all year until Game 7 of the WS. Cubs and Sox were definitely better, those teams had special seasons winning a ton of games. 2017 should've been the Dodgers year.

 

I thought Houston was a great team. I was not surprised that they won.

 

Let's see what happens this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

I thought Houston was a great team. I was not surprised that they won.

 

Let's see what happens this year. 

Houston was and is a great team but the Dodgers were favored in that series. It's up in the air this season. I can't believe how well the Twins are doing right now. Indians are in trouble.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, sorry but the Mets lost 9-8. Can't believe they blew a 4 run lead.

 

Thanks, buddy.

 

The prized closer we traded for blew the save. It is infuriating. :flaming:  We give up very good prospects for this pitcher who is supposed to be lights out. To make the trade happen, we take on Robinson Cano's crazy contract (Brock Osweiler-esque). Seattle's top prospect is a guy we gave up in that trade. I'm very disappointed but not surprised. That is what you get when you trade good prospects for older players. :scorebad:

 

We waste an ok start by Noah. Now we have our worst pitcher going against one of the best hitting teams. :facepalm:

 

I'm annoyed. :rantoff:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Thanks, buddy.

 

The prized closer we traded for blew the save. It is infuriating. :flaming:  We give up very good prospects for this pitcher who is supposed to be lights out. To make the trade happen, we take on Robinson Cano's crazy contract (Brock Osweiler-esque). Seattle's top prospect is a guy we gave up in that trade. I'm very disappointed but not surprised. That is what you get when you trade good prospects for older players. :scorebad:

 

We waste an ok start by Noah. Now we have our worst pitcher going against one of the best hitting teams. :facepalm:

 

I'm annoyed. :rantoff:

You guys gave one away. Sorry that happened. Cubs have done that a couple of times this year too. Should never blow an 8-5 lead in the 9th so I see your frustration. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kris Bryant says netting needs to be done around the seats down the line after kid gets hit by ball. MVP has spoken, get it done Commish.

 

Any update on the kid?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Anything confirmed?

Nothing confirmed yet other then she was conscious and alert and taken to hospital for precautionary measures. I will be surprised if she is unscathed, I can only imagine the amount of swelling a hit like that would cause, and sometimes it’s very difficult to diagnose head injuries/concussions on children that age. I’m sure they’re keeping things on the down low for now due to the sue happy lawyers that will inevitably be pounding on their doors! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOZER said:

I’m sure they’re keeping things on the down low for now due to the sue happy lawyers that will inevitably be pounding on their doors! 

 

True! When I was 16 or 17, I was a passenger in a car accident involving 6 vehicles on a highway. These lawyers kept  calling my parents encouraging them to sue. I refused to cooperate. One got me on the telephone and tried to persuade me. I don't believe he was allowed to do that (I was a minor). I told him that the driver of the car that I was in was my friend and I did not want to sue him or anyone else. They really go after money.

 

I hope the kid is fine. She was crying so much. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

True! When I was 16 or 17, I was a passenger in a car accident involving 6 vehicles on a highway. These lawyers kept  calling my parents encouraging them to sue. I refused to cooperate. One got me on the telephone and tried to persuade me. I don't believe he was allowed to do that (I was a minor). I told him that the driver of the car that I was in was my friend and I did not want to sue him or anyone else. They really go after money.

 

I hope the kid is fine. She was crying so much. 

Wow I’m glad you came out of that accident ok!!! You are a good friend.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Wow I’m glad you came out of that accident ok!!! You are a good friend.

 

I was fine, thankfully. I had trouble walking for a couple of weeks and the barrette in my hair broke. I assumed I must have hit my head a bit, but there was no bump or bruise. There was no reason to sue anyone. Too many people sue for no good reason. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I was fine. I had trouble walking for a couple of weeks and the barrette in my hair broke. I assumed I must have hit my head a bit, but there was no bump or bruise. There was no reason to sue anyone. Too many people sue for no good reason. 

angry zach galifianakis GIF by BasketsFX

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HOZER said:

 

Blind-As-A-Bat--78565.jpg

 

Tonights home plate umpire.

 

 

 

Yeah I just seen the call in the 10th inning that should've been a strike call for the 2nd out. That did influence the game a lot at the end. We need to score more than 1 run though. Cards take the 1st of 3. We are still in 1st place as the Brewers lost. St Louis is always a tough place to play. We have had a rough schedule lately.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow is all I can say on that one and laugh. When it isn't in the CARDS for you it is for the Cards lmao . Kolten freakin Wong, coffee lol GIF . Usually teams get breaks but I have never seen a team get breaks like the Cards have this series. The non call strike the other night and now that OZZIE Wong play. Not our series. I can't wait for the Cubs to get back home.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did we even take the plane ride to St Louis. We looked like a bunch of chumps this series. Then in the Brewers/Pirates game yesterday you have Yelich hit a fly ball and three dudes stand around and look at the ball and let a sure out drop foul lmao . Next pitch Yelich 3 run HR blast haha . Brewers sounding their lucky scream alarm GIF by ClapForCrap again.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • So you're nitpicking about receptions? Or off the field issues? Ray Lewis was accused of double murder and he's a first ballot hofer. 
    • I'm a little bullish on the Browns.  I picked them to win the division.  Sunday's game proved they aren't there yet.
    • Did anybody expect anything different?
    • Didn't you say in your previous post that stats don't mean anything?   QB is a different position than WR, obviously.  And if you read my post, I'm saying I think Rivers has the credentials to be first-ballot but he'll have a lot of competition with guys who will be retiring at or near the same time as him and who will likely be on the ballot at the same time.  This all comes into play with the selection committee.   And then let's get to the facts... Rivers is going to be top 5 in passing yards and most likely passing TDs when he retires.  Right now he is one of only 6 QBs ever to throw over 60,000 yards and 400 + TDs.   Randy Moss was a first ballot HOFer, so you're wrong there.   Randy Moss is 15th all time in receptions, he never made it to the 1,000 reception milestone.  So you're wrong that he was 'top 3 in every WR category'.  Terrell Owens is 8th all time in receptions (and wasn't in the top 5 when he retired).  Cris Carter's numbers are no where near Jerry Rice's and weren't even in 2002 when he retired (Rice retired in 2004).  I'll give you some credit, Carter at the time he retired was only the 2nd WR to have over 1,100 receptions.    Also, every one of those players you mentioned had off-field issues.  While they are not supposed to influence the selection committee, the selection committee is made up of humans and undoubtedly they do.  In the case of Moss and Owens, they were seen by many as poor teammates for a good chunk of their careers as well.   In Marv's case, Andre Reed got into the HOF in 2014 and Tim Brown in 2015.  Both WRs who had been eligible for a while.  I basically made the same argument about Rivers - Eli will be at least one class ahead of him, so I could see voters giving Eli the nod over Rivers.     
    • I am not too surprised.  I expect Tannehill to have more success in this one than Henry quite frankly.  I think that's exactly how the Steelers will play it.  They'll lean on their strength on run defense and force Tannehill to beat them.  The Steelers haven't looked like world-beaters in the passing game, but Tennessee's defense has been VERY suspect so I don't foresee them having too much trouble moving the ball.  They will need to keep things balanced between run and pass and TD's over FG's will be the key here IMHO.  Nobody knows how much losing Devin Bush and Taylor Lewan will affect those teams respectively, but I'd guess it doesn't help either of them.  If I had to pick, I'd say losing Lewan will make more of an impact in this game, therefore I'd favor the Steelers by about 2-3 points.   NOTE: My first attempt to post this I got an error, so if this ends up as a duplicate I apologize.
  • Members

    • a06cc

      a06cc 800

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Grigson's Gaffes

      Grigson's Gaffes 630

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 1,165

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Btown_Colt

      Btown_Colt 567

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AustinnKaine

      AustinnKaine 674

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Restored

      Restored 1,470

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 3,074

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • rock8591

      rock8591 1,158

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Thunderbolt

      Thunderbolt 374

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 10,889

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...