Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why can't you watch or follow both? Pretty easy to do with the internet. I follow all sports lol.

Cubs with another day game again, 220ET start.

Indianapolis 500 starts at 11 CST

 

  I rarely get to watch a Cubs broadcast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Indianapolis 500 starts at 11 CST

 

  I rarely get to watch a Cubs broadcast

MLB.com gives you play by play of all Cubs games and it's free. Just go to their site and click on follow that game and it will give you updates (play by play). I have to do that at work sometimes when I can't watch. The race is actually on the radio here. Aces do not play until 8ET tonight. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MLB.com gives you play by play of all Cubs games and it's free. Just go to their site and click on follow that game and it will give you updates (play by play). I have to do that at work sometimes when I can't watch. The race is actually on the radio here. Aces do not play until 8ET tonight. 

I have SiriusXM 

  A fellow Princeton Tiger(Jackie Young) takes precedent over everything else and it is a day long process 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have SiriusXM 

  A fellow Princeton Tiger(Jackie Young) takes precedent over everything else and it is a day long process 

Yeah I hear ya. I will follow all of the sports more than likely. I used to go to the race every year when I was younger. Haven't been in years now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I hear ya. I will follow all of the sports more than likely. I used to go to the race every year when I was younger. Haven't been in years now. 

I have already watched Monaco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I have already watched Monaco

I have only been to the Nascar race here once believe it or not, that was the 1st year it was here in 1994. I can say I went though. I was always more of an Indycar guy. I went to the Indy 500 every year during the 90's. Anymore just not into the crowds of people or the heat or into the drivers as much/the race itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That brings up an interesting topic, name the top 3 sporting events that you have attended in your lifetime. You can only name 3.

 

3. The 1991 Indy 500 race I went too. My favorite driver of all-time Rick Mears won his final Indy 500 on that day. I was only 19 years old that May.

 

2. Game 3 of the 2000 NBA Finals, Lakers at Pacers. Pacers won that day to get back into the series trailing only 2-1 at that point. The fans were rowdy as Shaq and Kobe went down! That was Reggie's day. I had a great seat as well as I went with a friend of mine. We probably drink at least 4 or 5 beers while at that game haha .

 

1. For me would be the Pats at Colts Sunday night game in 2009. I went with a group of friends and we had great seats. Before the game we drink a 6 pack each and were feeling good. Colts were 8-0 (undefeated) and came back from being down 34-14 to win 35-34. One of the best games I have ever seen and I was there. Peyton threw a TD pass to Reggie Wayne with just seconds left to seal the win. Peyton trumps Brady and BB to improve to 9-0. The ol 4th and 2 BB game.

 

-I have never been to a Cubs playoff game. I do have a cousin that lives close to Wrigley so that may happen one day.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That brings up an interesting topic, name the top 3 sporting events that you have attended in your lifetime. You can only name 3.

 

3. The 1991 Indy 500 race I went too. My favorite driver of all-time Rick Mears won his final Indy 500 on that day. I was only 19 years old that May.

 

2. Game 3 of the 2000 NBA Finals, Lakers at Pacers. Pacers won that day to get back into the series trailing only 2-1 at that point. The fans were rowdy as Shaq and Kobe went down! That was Reggie's day. I had a great seat as well as I went with a friend of mine. We probably drink at least 4 or 5 beers while at that game haha .

 

1. For me would be the Pats at Colts Sunday night game in 2009. I went with a group of friends and we had great seats. Before the game we drink a 6 pack each and were feeling good. Colts were 8-0 (undefeated) and came back from being down 34-14 to win 35-34. One of the best games I have ever seen and I was there. Peyton threw a TD pass to Reggie Wayne with just seconds left to seal the win. Peyton trumps Brady and BB to improve to 9-0. The ol 4th and 2 BB game.

 

-I have never been to a Cubs playoff game. I do have a cousin that lives close to Wrigley so that may happen one day.

Too many to name 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Too many to name 

I have more but that was my 3 that came to mind. It is tough to choose just 3, that is why I posed the question to make it tough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those days where the Reds are getting all the breaks lol. Bloop singles to score runs and throwing Rizzo out at home on a perfect throw. Still only 3-0 Reds, plenty of time to get something started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

My goodness.

MVP out, looked concussed. At least it isn't his shoulder, He got up slow after colliding with Heyward on a fly ball. 7-1 Reds, not our day.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MVP out, looked concussed. At least it isn't his shoulder, He got up slow after colliding with Heyward on a fly ball. 7-1 Reds, not our day.

 

And here I am giving my sons teammates a hard time for not calling it in the outfield and running into each other, :facepalm:

aff94315d0074ffdd2c151c033cedd98.jpg

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 

And here I am giving my sons teammates a hard time for not calling it in the outfield and running into each other, :facepalm:

aff94315d0074ffdd2c151c033cedd98.jpg

It looked like Heyward called for it but some reason Bryant still went for the ball. Maybe he didn't hear him? I would keep Bryant at 3b period. Maddon loves to experiment a lot but sometimes it back fires. Keeping Yu in into the 8th irritated me badly yesterday but luckily we still won. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NL Central Division standings through May 26th:

 

Cubs 30-21

Brewers 30-24 (1.5 back)

Pirates 25-25 (4.5 back)

Cards 26-26 (4.5 back)

Reds 24-28 (6.5 back)

 

MVP get well. The Cubs have a 3 game series at Houston coming up. Nice measuring stick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MVP get well. 

 

Looks like he traveled with team to Houston, so sounds like he’s not injured too badly, no head injury at least! We’re on to Houston.

 

oh hey look at this, Cubs ex player Hector Rondon is a closer with the Astros......and a key contributor to their “lights out” bullpen...isn’t that magnificent?! :censored:

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-hector-rondon-astros-20190527-story,amp.html

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

RIP Bill Buckner

 

Yeah, I read that earlier. It is sad to hear. He was young and suffering with Lewy Body dementia which is awful. 

 

Hope he can rest in peace now. Red Sox fans were brutal to him after he made that error that led to extending the World Series which the Mets won. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Bobby Valentine:

 

As I clear my head and hold back the tears I know I will always remember Billy Buck as a great hitter and a better friend. He deserved better. Thank god for his family. I ll miss u Buck!

 

Bobby V statement on Bill Buckner

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baez my dude......0-5 with 5 strikeouts.....wow just wow.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Baez my dude......0-5 with 5 strikeouts.....wow just wow.

Yeah he had a bad day. We fought hard but lost 6-5. Astros are short couple of people but still very good and deep. I hope we just get 1 game in that series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs trail 9-6 going to the 8th at Houston. I figured this would be a rough series. Our Pitching is looking like it was at the beginning of the season which isn't good. Luckily everyone else in the division is losing right now too. Brewers, Cards, and Pirates all lost tonight. If the Cubs lose tonight they will still be in 1st in the NL Central by a half game over the Brewers, 4 over the Cards and Pirates, and 5 over the Reds. A lot of time to improve still but June is approaching. We have shown we can be a really good team by the way we played from mid April to mid May but the pitching has to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Standings heading into May 29th in the NL Central are:

Cubs 30-23

Brewers 31-25 (.5 back)

Cards 26-27 (4 back)

Pirates 26-27 (4 back)

Reds 26-29 (5 back)

 

I think heading into May 29th any Cubs fan would take this in reality. We are leading the division and had a stretch for a month from mid April to mid May where we played great baseball. I am really surprised at how the Brewers and Cards have struggled so they have their problems too. 

 

As of now through 53 games the Cubs are still on pace to win 92 games % wise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It looked like Heyward called for it but some reason Bryant still went for the ball. Maybe he didn't hear him? I would keep Bryant at 3b period. Maddon loves to experiment a lot but sometimes it back fires. Keeping Yu in into the 8th irritated me badly yesterday but luckily we still won. 

I would like to point out the reason they moved KB to outfield is to get Bote, Russell in who both started to heat up. Also we only have 3 OF on 25man right now and thus to give them a break/make best lineup we have to move Bryant who is the only infielder currently who also can play outfielder well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago via Twitter

Quote

Albert Almora Jr down on one knee after a foul ball apparently hit a small kid/baby in the stands. Was rushed upstairs immediately. Minute Maid has gone quiet. Awful scene here

 

Link

 

Hope the kid is okay. They may need to consider extending the nets. Almora seemed shook up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

From Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago via Twitter

 

Link

 

Hope the kid is okay. They may need to extend the nets.

The kid is talking and alert and will be ok according to the kids mom and security. Almora has been notified and is relieved at this point.

 

On a side note, if I had a baby or a kid younger than 8 or so I would not take them to a game. Just too young with the crowd around, also stuff like tonight can happen. That is just me. I didn't start going to Colts and Pacers games until I was 12 because my mom thought I was too young until then. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The kid is talking and alert and will be ok according to the kids mom and security. Almora has been notified and is relived at this point.

 

On a side note, if I had a baby or a kid younger than 8 or so I would take them to a game. Just too young with the crowd around, also stuff like tonight can happen. That is just me. I didn't start going to Colts and Pacers games until I was 12 because my mom thought I was too young until then. 

 

I used to take my niece and nephews but we never sat where a ball could hit us. I did sit in the field level with my niece a few times but we were protected by netting.

 

How old was this kid? Thanks for the update. Good news.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

I used to take my niece and nephews but we never sat where a ball could hit us. I did sit in the field level with my niece a few times but we were protected by netting.

 

How old was this kid? 

4, I edited my post a little. See above. 4 is way too young. I have actually seen people holding babies at games before though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had a kid, I would take him/her if they were 10 or so because as a young kid it would be a cool experience. Anything younger than that is pushing it IMO. 10 puts someone in the 5th grade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had a kid, I would take him/her if they were 10 or so because as a young kid it would be a cool experience. Anything younger than that is pushing it IMO. 10 puts someone in the 5th grade.

 

I used to take them when they were younger. I used to take my niece when she was 6-7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

I used to take them when they were younger. I used to take my niece when she was 6-7.

That is fine but still awfully young. 4 is definitely way too young IMO. Also what is the point of bringing a baby (1 or 2 years old) to a game, they have no idea what is going on and the parent has to focus on watching the kid non-stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win, Cubs win 2-1 over the Astros! Very much needed to end the 3 game losing streak. MVP is back and healthy hitting a HR and the Professor pitched 8 great innings. Cishek closed the game in the 9th. Brewers had the day off so the Cubs are now 1 full game ahead of them in the NL Central. Cubs improve to 31-23, Brewers remain at 31-25 in 2nd. Fly the flag Hozer :thmup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is fine but still awfully young. 4 is definitely way too young IMO. Also what is the point of bringing a baby (1 or 2 years old) to a game, they have no idea what is going on and the parent has to focus on watching the kid non-stop.

 

Well, what if someone has no one to care for the child/baby? I would not take a baby as he/she could not appreciate the game. But some people have no babysitters. We don't know their reasons. Say, they are Cubs fans vacationing in Houston. They may not have anyone to leave the baby with. (I know most of the time that is not the case, but just giving an example.)

 

I would not take a baby to a game because not only can't the baby appreciate it, but it is difficult to watch and enjoy the game when you have to tend to a baby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Well, if someone has no one to care for the child/baby. I would not take a baby as he/she could not appreciate the game. But some people have no babysitters. We don't know their reasons. Say, they are Cubs fans vacationing in Houston. They may not have anyone to leave the baby with. I know most of the time that is not the case. 

 

I would not take a baby to a game because not only can't the baby appreciate it, but it is difficult to watch and enjoy the game when you have to tend to a baby.

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off....what a terrifying moment tonight, I can’t begin to imagine what Almora felt after that as he’s a parent of two toddlers...so awful!!!! Glad she’s going to be ok it seems, here’s another link. Heartbreaking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1281122001

 

Although I’m happy for the win, I would take a loss if it meant that didn’t happen to the poor little tike.....but I’ll still dust this thing off.....

 

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Geez, I try to say "brass Titans", but it won't let me.  "brass Titans"???  What's that?  Edit.  Nope.  Edit again.  Nope.  fine.  Brass Titans, it is! Titans t. a. c. k. s.  there, take that.
    • Out of curiosity, did the judge tell you to stay 300 or 500 yards away from Mahomes at all times?
    • The Colts no longer have an edge over their division rivals.  For years the xfactor that set the Colts apart was their franchise QB.  That’s no longer the  case.  The Texans are now a more marquee team because they have Deshaun Watson.  I expect they will continue to own the division for awhile.   In fact, the Colts don’t really have that star value any more.  When an offensive lineman is your most talented player that isn’t exactly billboard material.  Darius Leonard is good but this league is full of good defensive players.    The Colts lack of a marquee caliber QB has them in danger of becoming boring. The Titans are boring too.  They have Derrick Henry whose stock is rising.  You can win games with boring but seldom does boring win championships in a league whose primary emphasis is entertainment. 
    • Id be for signing Henry weaken Titans Tannehill too if they are stupid enough to letting him go.
    • Given some of the things we've been seeing, news, quarterbacks moving their homes, etc., here is my way Way WAAAAY too early prediction of how the 2020 draft will shape out, leading up the Colts pick at 13.   Pick 1 - Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU - Nobody is surprised by this.  The Bengals want to start new.  Burrow is the flavor of the month.  I think this pick is already set in stone three months before the draft.   Pick 2 - Redskins - Chase Young, DE, Ohio St. - The Redskins don't need a quarterback.  At least, not yet!  They'll hear a lot of offers from teams wishing to trade up to get ahead of the Dolphins.  But they will be very glad to select the true best player in the draft, thank you very much.   TRADE ALERT!!!  The Raiders trade their 12th and 19th pick, along with a variety of others, to the Lions, in order to move ahead of the Dolphins.   Pick 3 - Raiders - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama - Tua may be coming off of a dangerous and complicated injury, but the Raiders believe he will be a much more exciting QB than Herbert.  And since they're moving to Vegas, excitement is on the menu.   Pick 4 - Giants - A.J. Espenesa, DE, Iowa - Yes, they're hearing the trade offers, too.  The Chargers are banging their door down.  But they missed out on Young, and still want to get an elite pass rusher.  They'll stay put, and take their guy.   Pick 5 - Dolphins - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon - The Dolphins were taking a quarterback.  Everybody knew it.  Unless two teams trade in front of them, they are definitely going quarterback.  Herbert may not be as good as Burrow nor as exciting as Tua, but he knows what he's doing.   Pick 6 - Chargers - Jacob Eason, QB, Washington - Phillip Rivers' change of address was a huge tell.  They need a quarterback.  Now.  And they are willing to reach to get him.  There is no way that Eason is worth the 6th overall pick.  Doesn't matter.  At least, not to the Chargers.   Pick 7 - Panthers - Jeffrey Okukah, CB, Ohio St. - It was a pipe dream to believe that an elite quarterback would fall to them at 7.  They don't truly need to replace Cam Newton just yet.  They can still roll with him for a year or two.  Take the BPA, who only happens to be an elite player anyway.   Pick 8 - Cardinals - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama - Although it seemed like a jerk move to replace Josh Rosen with Kyler Murray, it turned out to be the right move.  They now need to give Murray weapons.  It could have been his former Oklahoma teammate, but they'll go with Jeudy.   Pick 9 - Jaguars - Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson - Within the once vaunted Jags defense, the linebacker play was not up to snuff.  Not anymore.  Simmons showed that he deserved to be picked in the top 10.  Jags still need a QB, but they should still be able to take one at pick 20.   Pick 10 - Browns - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia - Last year, the Browns tried to buy their way to a championship through expensive free agent skill position players.  Now, they need to get back to brass Titans, and solidify their core.   Pick 11 - Jets - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma - The Jets are getting their act together, but one thing they need is true weapons for Sam Darnold to work with.  They were drafting WR with this pick, whether it was Jeudy, Lamb, Higgins, or Shenault.   Pick 12 - Lions - Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn - The Lions traded back, picked up an extra 1st rounder, and still got the best DT in the bunch.  Ndomukong Suh without the rage issues.   Pick 13 - Colts - Jevon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina - Best pick available also happens to be a need position.  Yes, they could go Higgins or Shenault.  Or reach for one of the 2nd tier QB's.  But they won't.   And that's how I see it shaping up, leading up to our pick.  How right will I bet?  Ha!  I always get surprised on draft day.
  • Members

    • Clem-Dog

      Clem-Dog 373

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • chad72

      chad72 10,663

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colts_Fan12

      Colts_Fan12 5,548

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 308

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BleedBlu8792

      BleedBlu8792 1,529

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsArmy84

      ColtsArmy84 177

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • John Waylon

      John Waylon 3,411

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Orioles22

      Orioles22 86

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tweezy32

      tweezy32 416

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 49

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...