Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why can't you watch or follow both? Pretty easy to do with the internet. I follow all sports lol.

Cubs with another day game again, 220ET start.

Indianapolis 500 starts at 11 CST

 

  I rarely get to watch a Cubs broadcast

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5804

  • NFLfan

    2265

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1833

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Indianapolis 500 starts at 11 CST

 

  I rarely get to watch a Cubs broadcast

MLB.com gives you play by play of all Cubs games and it's free. Just go to their site and click on follow that game and it will give you updates (play by play). I have to do that at work sometimes when I can't watch. The race is actually on the radio here. Aces do not play until 8ET tonight. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MLB.com gives you play by play of all Cubs games and it's free. Just go to their site and click on follow that game and it will give you updates (play by play). I have to do that at work sometimes when I can't watch. The race is actually on the radio here. Aces do not play until 8ET tonight. 

I have SiriusXM 

  A fellow Princeton Tiger(Jackie Young) takes precedent over everything else and it is a day long process 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have SiriusXM 

  A fellow Princeton Tiger(Jackie Young) takes precedent over everything else and it is a day long process 

Yeah I hear ya. I will follow all of the sports more than likely. I used to go to the race every year when I was younger. Haven't been in years now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I have already watched Monaco

I have only been to the Nascar race here once believe it or not, that was the 1st year it was here in 1994. I can say I went though. I was always more of an Indycar guy. I went to the Indy 500 every year during the 90's. Anymore just not into the crowds of people or the heat or into the drivers as much/the race itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That brings up an interesting topic, name the top 3 sporting events that you have attended in your lifetime. You can only name 3.

 

3. The 1991 Indy 500 race I went too. My favorite driver of all-time Rick Mears won his final Indy 500 on that day. I was only 19 years old that May.

 

2. Game 3 of the 2000 NBA Finals, Lakers at Pacers. Pacers won that day to get back into the series trailing only 2-1 at that point. The fans were rowdy as Shaq and Kobe went down! That was Reggie's day. I had a great seat as well as I went with a friend of mine. We probably drink at least 4 or 5 beers while at that game haha .

 

1. For me would be the Pats at Colts Sunday night game in 2009. I went with a group of friends and we had great seats. Before the game we drink a 6 pack each and were feeling good. Colts were 8-0 (undefeated) and came back from being down 34-14 to win 35-34. One of the best games I have ever seen and I was there. Peyton threw a TD pass to Reggie Wayne with just seconds left to seal the win. Peyton trumps Brady and BB to improve to 9-0. The ol 4th and 2 BB game.

 

-I have never been to a Cubs playoff game. I do have a cousin that lives close to Wrigley so that may happen one day.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That brings up an interesting topic, name the top 3 sporting events that you have attended in your lifetime. You can only name 3.

 

3. The 1991 Indy 500 race I went too. My favorite driver of all-time Rick Mears won his final Indy 500 on that day. I was only 19 years old that May.

 

2. Game 3 of the 2000 NBA Finals, Lakers at Pacers. Pacers won that day to get back into the series trailing only 2-1 at that point. The fans were rowdy as Shaq and Kobe went down! That was Reggie's day. I had a great seat as well as I went with a friend of mine. We probably drink at least 4 or 5 beers while at that game haha .

 

1. For me would be the Pats at Colts Sunday night game in 2009. I went with a group of friends and we had great seats. Before the game we drink a 6 pack each and were feeling good. Colts were 8-0 (undefeated) and came back from being down 34-14 to win 35-34. One of the best games I have ever seen and I was there. Peyton threw a TD pass to Reggie Wayne with just seconds left to seal the win. Peyton trumps Brady and BB to improve to 9-0. The ol 4th and 2 BB game.

 

-I have never been to a Cubs playoff game. I do have a cousin that lives close to Wrigley so that may happen one day.

Too many to name 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MVP out, looked concussed. At least it isn't his shoulder, He got up slow after colliding with Heyward on a fly ball. 7-1 Reds, not our day.

 

And here I am giving my sons teammates a hard time for not calling it in the outfield and running into each other, :facepalm:

aff94315d0074ffdd2c151c033cedd98.jpg

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HOZER said:

 

And here I am giving my sons teammates a hard time for not calling it in the outfield and running into each other, :facepalm:

aff94315d0074ffdd2c151c033cedd98.jpg

It looked like Heyward called for it but some reason Bryant still went for the ball. Maybe he didn't hear him? I would keep Bryant at 3b period. Maddon loves to experiment a lot but sometimes it back fires. Keeping Yu in into the 8th irritated me badly yesterday but luckily we still won. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MVP get well. 

 

Looks like he traveled with team to Houston, so sounds like he’s not injured too badly, no head injury at least! We’re on to Houston.

 

oh hey look at this, Cubs ex player Hector Rondon is a closer with the Astros......and a key contributor to their “lights out” bullpen...isn’t that magnificent?! :censored:

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-hector-rondon-astros-20190527-story,amp.html

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

RIP Bill Buckner

 

Yeah, I read that earlier. It is sad to hear. He was young and suffering with Lewy Body dementia which is awful. 

 

Hope he can rest in peace now. Red Sox fans were brutal to him after he made that error that led to extending the World Series which the Mets won. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs trail 9-6 going to the 8th at Houston. I figured this would be a rough series. Our Pitching is looking like it was at the beginning of the season which isn't good. Luckily everyone else in the division is losing right now too. Brewers, Cards, and Pirates all lost tonight. If the Cubs lose tonight they will still be in 1st in the NL Central by a half game over the Brewers, 4 over the Cards and Pirates, and 5 over the Reds. A lot of time to improve still but June is approaching. We have shown we can be a really good team by the way we played from mid April to mid May but the pitching has to improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Standings heading into May 29th in the NL Central are:

Cubs 30-23

Brewers 31-25 (.5 back)

Cards 26-27 (4 back)

Pirates 26-27 (4 back)

Reds 26-29 (5 back)

 

I think heading into May 29th any Cubs fan would take this in reality. We are leading the division and had a stretch for a month from mid April to mid May where we played great baseball. I am really surprised at how the Brewers and Cards have struggled so they have their problems too. 

 

As of now through 53 games the Cubs are still on pace to win 92 games % wise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It looked like Heyward called for it but some reason Bryant still went for the ball. Maybe he didn't hear him? I would keep Bryant at 3b period. Maddon loves to experiment a lot but sometimes it back fires. Keeping Yu in into the 8th irritated me badly yesterday but luckily we still won. 

I would like to point out the reason they moved KB to outfield is to get Bote, Russell in who both started to heat up. Also we only have 3 OF on 25man right now and thus to give them a break/make best lineup we have to move Bryant who is the only infielder currently who also can play outfielder well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

From Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago via Twitter

Quote

Albert Almora Jr down on one knee after a foul ball apparently hit a small kid/baby in the stands. Was rushed upstairs immediately. Minute Maid has gone quiet. Awful scene here

 

Link

 

Hope the kid is okay. They may need to consider extending the nets. Almora seemed shook up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

From Jesse Rogers of ESPN Chicago via Twitter

 

Link

 

Hope the kid is okay. They may need to extend the nets.

The kid is talking and alert and will be ok according to the kids mom and security. Almora has been notified and is relieved at this point.

 

On a side note, if I had a baby or a kid younger than 8 or so I would not take them to a game. Just too young with the crowd around, also stuff like tonight can happen. That is just me. I didn't start going to Colts and Pacers games until I was 12 because my mom thought I was too young until then. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The kid is talking and alert and will be ok according to the kids mom and security. Almora has been notified and is relived at this point.

 

On a side note, if I had a baby or a kid younger than 8 or so I would take them to a game. Just too young with the crowd around, also stuff like tonight can happen. That is just me. I didn't start going to Colts and Pacers games until I was 12 because my mom thought I was too young until then. 

 

I used to take my niece and nephews but we never sat where a ball could hit us. I did sit in the field level with my niece a few times but we were protected by netting.

 

How old was this kid? Thanks for the update. Good news.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

I used to take my niece and nephews but we never sat where a ball could hit us. I did sit in the field level with my niece a few times but we were protected by netting.

 

How old was this kid? 

4, I edited my post a little. See above. 4 is way too young. I have actually seen people holding babies at games before though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had a kid, I would take him/her if they were 10 or so because as a young kid it would be a cool experience. Anything younger than that is pushing it IMO. 10 puts someone in the 5th grade.

 

I used to take them when they were younger. I used to take my niece when she was 6-7.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

I used to take them when they were younger. I used to take my niece when she was 6-7.

That is fine but still awfully young. 4 is definitely way too young IMO. Also what is the point of bringing a baby (1 or 2 years old) to a game, they have no idea what is going on and the parent has to focus on watching the kid non-stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs win, Cubs win 2-1 over the Astros! Very much needed to end the 3 game losing streak. MVP is back and healthy hitting a HR and the Professor pitched 8 great innings. Cishek closed the game in the 9th. Brewers had the day off so the Cubs are now 1 full game ahead of them in the NL Central. Cubs improve to 31-23, Brewers remain at 31-25 in 2nd. Fly the flag Hozer :thmup:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is fine but still awfully young. 4 is definitely way too young IMO. Also what is the point of bringing a baby (1 or 2 years old) to a game, they have no idea what is going on and the parent has to focus on watching the kid non-stop.

 

Well, what if someone has no one to care for the child/baby? I would not take a baby as he/she could not appreciate the game. But some people have no babysitters. We don't know their reasons. Say, they are Cubs fans vacationing in Houston. They may not have anyone to leave the baby with. (I know most of the time that is not the case, but just giving an example.)

 

I would not take a baby to a game because not only can't the baby appreciate it, but it is difficult to watch and enjoy the game when you have to tend to a baby.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

Well, if someone has no one to care for the child/baby. I would not take a baby as he/she could not appreciate the game. But some people have no babysitters. We don't know their reasons. Say, they are Cubs fans vacationing in Houston. They may not have anyone to leave the baby with. I know most of the time that is not the case. 

 

I would not take a baby to a game because not only can't the baby appreciate it, but it is difficult to watch and enjoy the game when you have to tend to a baby.

I agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First off....what a terrifying moment tonight, I can’t begin to imagine what Almora felt after that as he’s a parent of two toddlers...so awful!!!! Glad she’s going to be ok it seems, here’s another link. Heartbreaking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1281122001

 

Although I’m happy for the win, I would take a loss if it meant that didn’t happen to the poor little tike.....but I’ll still dust this thing off.....

 

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...