Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Completely unrelated, I miss watching The Master's Championship. I am watching now while checking out the forum. :)

I just cannot watch golf on tv....like watching grass grow!!!!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You were also cocky because you had either swept the season series against the Mets or lost only one game. Lol.

That playoff series was reminiscent of the 1988 playoff series between the Mets and Dodgers. The Mets had won 10 or 11 games in the season series (Mets lost only one game in season series). Most people thought the Mets would win the pennant. The Dodgers won in 7. It was the year Hershizer had his best season.

Oh I thought Cubs would win no doubt but they got smoked. Wasn't ready yet is what it showed me.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yeah?? It is so relaxing. 

I cannot watch soccer or boxing. Lol. 

BOXING?! I love boxing! Of course I'm a little partial to it since I used to box. I still box about once a year in a charity event, fire vs police for make a wish, what a great cause!!! Worth the brain damage IMO, lol!

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah?? It is so relaxing. 

I cannot watch soccer or boxing. Lol. 

I use to love Boxing when I was younger, the 80's and 90's had tremendous fighters like Tyson, Evander, Sugar Ray, Roy Jones. I love the Rocky movies too. Today I don't even follow it much. I just seen Ted 2 recently and his bear took over the name of Clubber Lang, that was awesome!

Golf, Soccer, and Hockey are 3 sports I have just never got into - just flat out boring. I have tried and do know a little about each but I am mainly Pro Football, Pro Basketball, and Pro Baseball. I like College Basketball Tournament time as well and watch a little College Football. Tennis I can deal with if it's 2 big name players playing/mens or womens, Pro Boxing I loved in the 80's and 90's but not so much now.

Zobrist just hit a HR, Cubs lead 6-3 :rock:

7 minutes ago, GOZER said:

BOXING?! I love boxing! Of course I'm a little partial to it since I used to box. I still box about once a year in a charity event, fire vs police for make a wish, what a great cause!!! Worth the brain damage IMO, lol!

Lol. I "liked" it but reluctantly. I can't imagine any of my friends getting punched and hurt. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't get hurt. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Golf, Soccer, and Hockey are 3 sports I have just never got into - just flat out boring. I have tried and do know a little about each but I am mainly Pro Football, Pro Basketball, and Pro Baseball. I like College Basketball Tournament time as well and watch a little College Football. Tennis I can deal with if it's 2 big name players playing/mens or womens, Pro Boxing I loved in the 80's and 90's but not so much now.

Make it a competition I will watch especially if a Princeton or Tri-State Native is involved 

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I "liked" it but reluctantly. I can't imagine any of my friends getting punched and hurt. Sorry to hear that. I hope you don't get hurt. 

I used to Box too but it was a long time ago when I was in shape lmao. We always had local bars back in the 90's and early 2000's that would have tournaments and you all you had to do was sign up. I was always in shape back then because I ran like 7 miles a day. If I tried now I wouldn't last 1 Round against these young kids!

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know how I got to like Golf. I always thought it was boring. But I started watching it  and got to like several of the players. There was a time there that I was watching every major (Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA Championship) as well as several of the other tournaments. I don't watch as much but I do like the Master's.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know how I got to like Golf. I always thought it was boring. But I started watching it  and got to like several of the players. There was a time there that I was watching every major (Masters, US Open, British Open, and PGA Championship) as well as several of the other tournaments. I don't watch as much but I do like the Master's)

I watched when Tiger was in it just to see if he would win or lose. When he isn't in it, I don't even follow it. One great thing about the Masters is I know it's April and that means it's warm weather in Indy!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to Box too but it was a long time ago when I was in shape lmao. We always had local bars back in the 90's and early 2000's that would have tournaments and you all you had to do was sign up. I was always in shape back then because I ran like 7 miles a day. If I tried now I wouldn't last 1 Round against these young kids!

Lol. Glad you came out alright. You and GOZER don't come across as the boxing types. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Glad you came out alright. You and GOZER don't come across as the boxing types. 

I don't know sometimes I think I have brain damage :sarcasm:. I didn't do it much. My buddies always wanted me to do it because I was in great shape then. I won a few and lost a few. Boxing used to be a great sport but anymore there isn't any big names out there to follow in the heavy Weight Division. Way back you had Tyson and Evander and even Lewis was damn good.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watched when Tiger was in it just to see if he would win or lose. When he isn't in it, I don't even follow it. One great thing about the Masters is I know it's April and that means it's warm weather in Indy!

I really followed PGA golf when Evansville Native Jeff Overton was a weekly factor

Mets now up 3-2, mid third. Thankfully they threw out Gordon at third. Otherwise, the game would be tied.

Base runners run on Thor often. It was good to see the catcher Rene Rivera throw out 2 base runners in that inning. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah I wasn't paying attention, what did they say? I was getting me a Gatorade and heard the blast haha. Then seen the replay.

The announcer began to say that it will be a problem if the Mets only score via the home run. As soon as he said that, Bruce hit the HR. I was not exaggerating when I said these guys seem to to rely on the HR to score.  That is not a formula for winning. Teams don't hit HRs every game. 

Noah is almost done. He has had another stellar pitching performance.

When I see Mattingly, I think of PT. PT loves players who are from his area. I wonder if PT is watching. 

PT often reminds me that one of the most famous people in Mets history, Gil Hodges, is from his part of the country. So is Jim Abbot who threw a no-hitter as a pitcher for the Yankees.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Not a good day for the Cards

No it wasn't looked ugly , Martinez couple bad calls on balls strikes a misplay in the field and he was done. Carpenter has been terrible with the bat , that isn't helping but much like Bryant you must stick with him because you know he will hit.

Archived