Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs win, Cubs win 4-1! Take 2 out of 3 vs the Brewers. Fly the flag Hozer. Cubs are now 2 games ahead of the Brewers in the NL Central and 3.5 ahead of the Cards and Pirates. MVP hit another HR tonight, Cubs train is rolling at 24-14 on the season. 

NL Central standings as of May 12th

Cubs 24-14

Brewers 24-18 (2 back)

Pirates 20-17 (3.5 back)

Cards 22-19 (3.5 back)

Reds 18-23 (7.5 back)

chicago cubs wine GIF by MLB

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, Cubs win 4-1! Take 2 out of 3 vs the Brewers. Fly the flag Hozer. Cubs are now 2 games ahead of the Brewers in the NL Central and 3.5 ahead of the Cards and Pirates. MVP hit another HR tonight, Cubs train is rolling at 24-14 on the season. 

NL Central standings as of May 12th

Cubs 24-14

Brewers 24-18 (2 back)

Pirates 20-17 (3.5 back)

Cards 22-19 (3.5 back)

Reds 18-23 (7.5 back)

chicago cubs wine GIF by MLB

609F037F-4232-4904-8354-53CC41D55F10.jpeg.ba8d5b64b4479d06a9fc34eab97461d1.jpeg

woo hoo. We are going to the Reds and Cubs game in Zinzinnati Tueaday. 10 rows behind the Reds dugout.  It is Bark in the Park night, where people can bring dogs to the game. I bet someone sets behind me with a sheepdog that will lick the back of my head all night. But th weather is supposed to be good..

3 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

woo hoo. We are going to the Reds and Cubs game in Zinzinnati Tueaday. 10 rows behind the Reds dugout.  It is Bark in the Park night, where people can bring dogs to the game. I bet someone sets behind me with a sheepdog that will lick the back of my head all night. But th weather is supposed to be good..

That’ll be a good time, wish i could go, been wanting to go to a game in Cincinnati for a while. A lot to do within a short driving distance.

I wish i could take my dogs to a game, but they’re too socially awkward, lol, that would be a disaster!!! lol

Cubs have the day off today and then start a 3 game series at Cincinnati tomorrow. Almost halfway through May, the Cubs are 2 games ahead of the Brewers and 3.5 ahead of the Cards and Pirates. I will take it after starting 2-7. Since starting 2-7, Cubs are 22-7 and sitting at 24-14. It was just a matter of time that Kris Bryant (aka MVP) would get his timing back and go on a tear. Lester and Hamels both are pitching like they are 27 again as well. A lot of Baseball to be played so we need to keep it up. The Cubs beat the Brewers yesterday without Rizzo even.

Brewers lost again. Mid May is here and the Cubs are possibly on the verge of building a little cushion in the NL Central going into June. The Brewers and Cards both have 5 more losses already. Long way to go but so far so good.

NL Central standings as of May 14th

Cubs 24-14

Brewers 24-19 (2.5 back)

Cards 22-19 (3.5 back)

Pirates 20-18 (4 back)

Reds 18-23 (7.5 back)

Welp....now we know why Zobrist took a leave of absence. You just never know what’s going on with folks.:( Really sucks to hear this, going through a divorce is never easy. Hope they keep their 3 kids best interest in mind throughout the process. I wish them all well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cubs/ct-spt-ben-julianna-zobrist-divorce-20190515-story,amp.html

Cubs let one get away tonight, lost in 10 Innings to the Reds. A rare loss as they had won 13 of 15 games coming into tonight. That is what happens when you let a team like the Reds hang around that has a dangerous lineup. Cubs are still 10 games above .500 at 25-15 and in 1st place by 1.5 over the Brewers and still 3.5 over the Cards. 

40 games are in the books for the Cubs meaning 25% of the season is over already. The next 41 games and we will be 50% complete at 81 games. So far through the 1st Qtr of the season I give the Cubs an A- :thmup:. Very close to a solid A but the slow start was bothersome when they started 3-8. Having said that since starting 3-8 Cubs are 22-7 and in 1st place by 1.5 games over the Brewers in the NL Central. They now have the 2nd best record in the NL behind the Dodgers.

Cubs take care of the Nats 14-6, MVP hit 3 HR's! Fly the flag Hozer. The NL Central Standings look like this as of May 18th:

Cubs 26-16

Brewers 27-20 (1.5 back)

Pirates 22-20 (4 back)

Cards 23-22 (4.5 back)

Reds 20-25 (7.5 back)

-Cubs looking solid so far this season, Brewers are hanging close, Cards after starting 20-10 are now struggling a bit. Long way to go though. 

Cubs lost but so did the Brewers so no harm done. Cubs still maintain a 1.5 game lead over the Brewers in the NL Central, 3 over the Pirates, and 3.5 over the Cards. If we can have the lead in the division going into June which is a huge month I will take it. After starting the season 2-7 I wasn't sure how May would end up. Still don't.

9 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Finally finished with my Undergrad Degree so may be around a bit more. Except the next few days as I head to Toronto in the morning, will give review of the stadium, will be there Monday Blue Jays vs Red Sox on LF line

Congratulations! Time flies. It seems that you had just told us 2 years ago that you were a senior in high school. I can't believe 4 years have already passed. All the best in your professional (and personal) life.

200.gif

weber state dance GIF

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I told you Chili sucked a big bag of cowboy bebop eggs GIF

You and Hozer both said that. I think you or Hozer told me that the Mets were in big trouble when they hired Davis. Mets fans are fed up. I read that he had been fired at 2-3 jobs already. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You and Hozer both said that. I think you or Hozer told me that the Mets were in big trouble when they hired Davis. Mets fans are fed up. I read that he had been fired at 2-3 jobs already. 

Yeah I wanted him gone and so did Hozer. All Cubs fans disliked him. Our hitting took a dip with him at the helm.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here are my favorite pitchers chicago cubs mlb GIFdwight gooden mets GIF. I would pay money to watch those 2 guys pitch. 

I would. I paid to see Gooden pitch against the Mets on my birthday. Lol. How do you like that for a birthday outing? We lost to Gooden and the Yankees. 

Archived