Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

@PuntersArePeopleToo Thank you for sharing that. It is great that you have gone to so many ballparks to watch games. When I visit different cities, I will have to visit their ballparks. 

I thought that you have been to Camden Yards. Many people tell me that it is a beautiful stadium and they enjoy their time there. I should take a trip there. I still have never been to the new Yankees Stadium. I liked the old one very much and could not understand why a new one was needed. It was majestic.

The ballpark that I would most like to visit besides Camden Yards is the one in San Francisco where HRs fall into the water behind the stadium. On TV, it looks like a great place to watch a game.

Where is the next place you will be visiting? 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad the Brewers are slumping now too. They are just 14-13, their lineup is loaded but their pitching is suspect. Cubs are now at .500 after that bad start, long way to go. I still think the Cards have the best overall team in the division and the Cubs and Brewers are right there. The Reds are even 11-14 right now, not too bad.

The Mets have brought the Brewers back to life. Goodness gracious. They are hitting the cover off the ball. I have not watched the last two games but I will today. Was that deGrom who pitched on Friday? That game was so lopsided that I did not bother to check the game, as I was focused on the draft. 

The Mets pitching has been terrible. I believe we lead the majors in ERA. We are 13-14 now. 

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets have brought the Brewers back to life. Goodness gracious. They are hitting the cover off the ball. I have not watched the last two games but I will today. Was that deGrom who pitched on Friday? That game was so lopsided that I did not bother to check the game, as I was focused on the draft. 

The Mets pitching has been terrible. I believe we lead the majors in ERA. We are 13-14 now. 

You are 13-13 and unfortunately the Brewers beat deGrom and Thor. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs with a nice win over the D-Backs 9-1. Yu got a win so that is always good to see. Bote hit 2 HR's as well. Rubber match is this afternoon. Cubs are now 13-12 and still 2.5 games back of the 1st place Cards in the NL Central. 

Yes a much needed win for Yu , maybe he will get his head right.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes a much needed win for Yu , maybe he will get his head right.

Yeah he looked good for a change but it is only 1 game. Such a long season but I still think the Cards, Cubs, and Brewers all make the playoffs. I will stick by that. 3 from the Central get in and I had the Dodgers and Braves winning their divisions. Braves are struggling a bit but are right there with the Mets and Phillies record wise.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs with a nice win over the D-Backs 9-1. Yu got a win so that is always good to see. Bote hit 2 HR's as well. Rubber match is this afternoon. Cubs are now 13-12 and still 2.5 games back of the 1st place Cards in the NL Central. 

Almost forgot.........

12BD832C-658B-4344-A677-8DE77DC45BD4.jpeg.5c1f0ecd10faf77af6d61f41988056e1.jpeg

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That's right. Lol. I thought they lost 14 games already.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

There is a certain way to pitch the Crew especially Yelich , the Cards found out the hard way early , however they owned him in St Louis . You must keep him and the rest of the hitters honest . You cant let them dive across the plate. You must pitch them inside and execute to set up the outer half. If you don't you will pay for it. Their pitching wont hold up , they are one starter away from disaster and pen is just so so .

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

There is a certain way to pitch the Crew especially Yelich , the Cards found out the hard way early , however they owned him in St Louis . You must keep him and the rest of the hitters honest . You cant let them dive across the plate. You must pitch them inside and execute to set up the outer half. If you don't you will pay for it. Their pitching wont hold up , they are one starter away from disaster and pen is just so so .

Against Yelich you can't be afraid to throw a 1st pitch strike either, some pitchers are and get behind in the count. I know easier said than done but when he gets ahead in the count he is deadly. 

42 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

There is a certain way to pitch the Crew especially Yelich

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Against Yelich you can't be afraid to throw a 1st pitch strike either, some pitchers are and get behind in the count. I know easier said than done but when he gets ahead in the count he is deadly. 

Yelich is now out of the game (lower back discomfort). They just took him out in the 5th and his defensive replacement made a great play robbing a Mets player of a possible double and throwing out the runner (our pitcher) who was on base. The opposing pitcher is Gio Gonzalez who is a "Mets killer". Mets seem never to beat him but we are winning today.

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@PuntersArePeopleToo Thank you for sharing that. It is great that you have gone to so many ballparks to watch games. When I visit different cities, I will have to visit their ballparks. 

I thought that you have been to Camden Yards. Many people tell me that it is a beautiful stadium and they enjoy their time there. I should take a trip there. I still have never been to the new Yankees Stadium. I liked the old one very much and could not understand why a new one was needed. It was majestic.

The ballpark that I would most like to visit besides Camden Yards is the one in San Francisco where HRs fall into the water behind the stadium. On TV, it looks like a great place to watch a game.

Where is the next place you will be visiting? 

I have actually never been to Baltimore. The only city I have been to with an MLB team and not gone to a game at is DC. 

My next ballpark is Rogers Centre up in Toronto I will be there on May 20 vs Red Sox. And I do not know if i'll get to any other this season as I start an internship in June.

5 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I have actually never been to Baltimore. The only city I have been to with an MLB team and not gone to a game at is DC. 

My next ballpark is Rogers Centre up in Toronto I will be there on May 20 vs Red Sox. And I do not know if i'll get to any other this season as I start an internship in June.

Okay. Enjoy it. Let us know how you like it. 

Archived