Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

9 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Hozer Trouble with the Curve , much of it was shot in old Dawsonville Georgia . Motel scenes about 2 miles from my Mom and Sisters homes. The motel is still there to this day, about ten minutes from the backside of the Appalachian Mountains ,Smokie Mountain's about an hour away or so . About 45 min to Tallulah Gorge where Deliverance was filmed.

Georgia is a beautiful state. Had family in Ackworth and Cartersville, loved visiting with them!!! Have been to Atlanta(meh) and Savanna, that city was fun. Vacationed on Tybee island east of Savanna, awesome clean beaches, highly recommend the place!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Savanna, that city was fun.

My sisters and I visited Savannah last year. One of my sisters lives in a suburb of Atlanta but she loves Savannah. I thought parts of Savannah was pricier than NYC. Lol. I was really hungry for a banana one day. A store there charged me over $2 for one. haha

This year we are thinking of going to Hilton Head, not too far from Savannah.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fly the flag Hozer, Hamels ruled. Cubs win 5-1. Contreras is a monster. Are we back? Maybe? 

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpegDidnt catch the whole game due to being in Indy for a convention, listened to last few innings on way home. Sounds like Hammels found his groove and Bote let one have it!!! 

GoCubsGo!!!

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Good to see you come out of :peek:.  haha  The weather is almost too hot for me. Lol. I like cool weather. I'm off today and will go out and enjoy the weather later. 

I have not followed the Yankees but I know that the Red Sox were doing poorly. Early on, teams that should be doing well are not. But it is still so early. The Mets were hot to start last year and faded away after May. The Yankees are too talented to stay down.

Turn the channel back to YES. :)

I'm on it now. Same old story. They load the bases with one out. Then Bird strikes out for out #2.  But this time one of the new guys comes through with a 2 run single. 2-1 Yanks after 1.

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I'm on it now. Same old story. They load the bases with one out. Then Bird strikes out for out #2.  But this time one of the new guys comes through with a 2 run single. 2-1 Yanks after 1.

The Mets' hitting has been much improved. I'm pleased. 

Btw, did you hear that former Cubs and Yankees pitcher Scott Sanderson passed away? My condolences. 

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

Georgia is a beautiful state. Had family in Ackworth and Cartersville, loved visiting with them!!! Have been to Atlanta(meh) and Savanna, that city was fun. Vacationed on Tybee island east of Savanna, awesome clean beaches, highly recommend the place!

Agreed Brother we went to Savanna and Tybee last year are going back sometime within the next few weeks. Did you eat at Paula Deans ? Go across the bridge to Hilton Head ?

Jake Arrieta won his 100th game last night putting his career record at 100-68 with an era of 3.60. Jake will always be my favorite pitcher that wore a Cubs uniform. As a Cub he was an amazing 68-31 with an era of 2.56. He was 2-0 in the 2016 WS vs the Indians when it really counted. He also won the Cy Young in 2015. My man Jake!

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake Arrieta won his 100th game last night putting his career record at 100-68 with an era of 3.60. Jake will always be my favorite pitcher that wore a Cubs uniform. As a Cub he was an amazing 68-31 with an era of 2.56. He was 2-0 in the 2016 WS vs the Indians when it really counted. He also won the Cy Young in 2015. My man Jake!

Yu know , maybe a trade could be worked out :funny:

50 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed Brother we went to Savanna and Tybee last year are going back sometime within the next few weeks. Did you eat at Paula Deans ? Go across the bridge to Hilton Head ?

When were you in Savannah, Jay? I was there in September. I don't recall seeing Paula Dean's restaurant but my sister has been there. We went to Vick's (by the Bay), Gryphon or Gryphton, and a few other restaurants. We had fun. We did not get to go to Hilton Head because the day we wanted to go, it was raining a lot. So we stayed in Savannah.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man I wished, freakin Yu :funny:. In the history of the Cubs Jenkins and Maddux are the 2 best pitchers but Jake is my favorite, I guess it is because they won the WS with him. Yu = :puke:

Hey image.thumb.png.4fdccd0e699e7de2576dacb4e1b98393.png that guy wasn't bad either

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

When were you in Savannah, Jay. I was there in September. I don't recall seeing Paula Dean's restaurant but my sister has been there. We went to Vick's (by the Bay), Gryphon or Gryphton, and a few other restaurants. We had fun. We did not get to go to Hilton Head because the day we wanted to go, it was raining a lot. So we stayed in Savannah.

In early April , and what is Vick's ?

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

We spent most of our time on Tybee. If you go back, I highly recommend a place on the island called the Sundae cafe, the food and setting was awesome! It’s a little surprising because it’s in a small shopping center, you would never know it’s so nice. It stays busy, gets great ratings, and you usually have to have a reservation to get in. The fried green tomatoes were delicious! 

The place we ate at in Savanna was a brewery, but I can’t recall the name, I swear I wasn’t drinking that much, lol! It had kind of a hipstery rock setting. Food was pretty good. I’ll have to check out Paula Deans next time I go.

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Man what’s up with MVP? Needs to get out of his funk!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-angels-20190413-story,amp.html

Looks like Catarini will be out for 6 weeks with broken hand, Taylor Davis called up, yeah this Taylor Davis, lol.....

tumblr_ox9banONJI1toamj8o3_400.gif

Yeah Caratini was playing good too. MVP is struggling, not sure what is going on with him :dunno:

On 4/12/2019 at 10:44 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yankees will win the East IMO. The Rays will fade a little and the Red Sox won't have anywhere near the year they had last year.

This was exactly how I saw it going before the season started. I know it's a long season but I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far. It sure was nice to get CC back today & have him pitch so well.I hope that's a sign of things to come.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:44 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yankees will win the East IMO. The Rays will fade a little and the Red Sox won't have anywhere near the year they had last year.

This was exactly how I saw it going before the season started. I know it's a long season but I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far. It sure was nice to get CC back today & have him pitch so well.I hope that's a sign of things to come.

Jay Kirk I think the breaks went the Reds way tonight. I think Bader should have let Martinez...I think it was Martinez in right catch that fly ball. But you have to love his aggressive play. Fun to watch.  I  think Rasiel Iglesias was lucky tonight because his command was really lacking. David Hernandez out of the bullpen is just so impressive. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Archived