Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have Yahoo!, ESPN, and B/R notifications to tell me when the games(Cubs, Colts, Blackhawks, Pacers, UK, ND, Evansville, and now Aces) start

Yeah I was sleeping and just woke up a while ago and seen it was getting ready to come on. They moved the game up in fear of rain. It's still 0-0 to the Bottom of the 3rd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5809

  • NFLfan

    2277

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1837

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

Posted Images

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just proud of what they have accomplished this decade. Yu Darvish on the other hand is a different story :facepalm:

 

haha You'll be proud of him some day, I hope.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Is it still raining 

Yep rain delay at the moment. If the game can not continue the Cubs will get the win. Once 5 Innings is complete, it is considered a complete game. In the playoffs teams would just resume where they left off the next day which it should be like that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep rain delay at the moment. If the game can not continue the Cubs will get the win. Once 5 Innings is complete, it is considered a complete game. In the playoffs teams would just resume where they left off the next day which it should be like that.

Thanks

    My Dad was on the Baseball Coaching Staff at PCHS before I was born and my sister played travel fast pitch Softball from age 8 to 18 on top of school ball before college ball at Kentucky Wesleyan

 

      MLB needs to adopt the International Overtime Rule they used

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Who is Chloe? 

I think it is @Chloe6124 but I could be wrong

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chloe is a poster that post a lot on here on Colts threads. Chloe was in this thread earlier but did not post :thmup:

 

Ah. Okay. I see Chloe posting all the time but not on the Baseball thread. 

 

It is great having fans of different teams post here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Have any of you watched Jackie ? I have not yet.

 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't either.

 

Jackie Robinson story? I think I saw it. 

 

I loved the documentary "Baseball" by Ken Burns. It was about the history of baseball. I enjoyed that a lot. 

 

Anyone see the movie "41"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

 

Jackie Robinson story? I think I saw it. 

 

I loved the documentary "Baseball" by Ken Burns. It was about the history of baseball. I enjoyed that a lot. 

 

Anyone see the movie "41"?

Yeah I think Jay was talking about the movie 42. It came out in 2013 and got 4 stars out of 5. I have not seen it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

 

Jackie Robinson story? I think I saw it. 

 

I loved the documentary "Baseball" by Ken Burns. It was about the history of baseball. I enjoyed that a lot. 

 

Anyone see the movie "41"?

I gave the Ken Burns series to my Dad for Christmas a few years back

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Natural got 4 stars out of 5, Field of Dreams got 4 stars out of 5, and so did 42. For Love of the Game got 3.5 stars.

DYK that one of the ghost players in Field of Dreams was Gil Hodges

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think Jay was talking about the movie 42. It came out in 2013 and got 4 stars out of 5. I have not seen it.

 

I wrote "41". I meant "61" with Billy Chrystal. It was about Roger Maris. He broke Babe Ruth's record for most HRs in a season.

 

I don't think I saw 42. I must have but I don't remember.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

I wrote "41". I meant "61" with Billy Chrystal. It was about Roger Maris. He broke Babe Ruth's record for most HRs in a season.

 

I don't think I saw 42. I must have but I don't remember.

Yeah I have never seen 42 but to get 4 stars is top notch. Anything rated a 3 or above is usually pretty good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never seen 61 either, it got 4 stars. Bull Durham got 3.5 stars if anyone is wondering.

 

Bull Durham got only 3.5 stars? 

 

What sports movie is the most highly acclaimed?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Bull Durham got only 3.5 stars? 

 

What sports movie is the most highly acclaimed?

I have looked up all the good to great one's and the highest one got 4 out of 5.

Natural - 4

Field of Dreams - 4

42 - 4

61 - 4

For Love of the Game - 3.5

Bull Durham - 3.5

the 1st Major League - 3.5

Mr 3000 got a 3.

 

No 4.5's or 5's.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have looked up all the good to great one's and the highest one got 4 out of 5.

Natural - 4

Field of Dreams - 4

42 - 4

61 - 4

For Love of the Game - 3.5

Bull Durham - 3.5

the 1st Major League - 3.5

Mr 3000 got a 3.

 

No 4.5's or 5's.

 

A league of their own got 3.5 stars, that was the womens Baseball team with Tom Hanks, Sandlot got a 4. I forgot about Sandlot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have looked up all the good to great one's and the highest one got 4 out of 5.

Natural - 4

Field of Dreams - 4

42 - 4

61 - 4

For Love of the Game - 3.5

Bull Durham - 3.5

the 1st Major League - 3.5

Mr 3000 got a 3.

 

No 4.5's or 5's.

 

How about sports movies in general. 

 

Caddyshack 

Hoosiers

We are Marshall

The one about the Texas school coached by Don Haskins

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

How about sports movies in general. 

 

Caddyshack 

Hoosiers

We are Marshall

The one about the Texas school coached by Don Haskins

Hoosiers got 4

We are Marshall 3.5

Caddyshack 3.5

 

added: the 1st Rocky got a 4, Rocky 2 and Rocky 3 got 3.5 stars. Stallone kicked rear to get that out of 3 movies that were sequels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...