Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Friendly Reminder From TigerTown 

kid president everything is going to be okay GIF by SoulPancake

After winning the WS in 2016 everything to me is actually gravy now. We got the ring and snapped the jinx. The haters can't say anything now so it is all good. Of course I do not enjoy seeing the team struggle as a diehard fan but it happens :thmup:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5806

  • NFLfan

    2270

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1833

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After winning the WS in 2016 everything to me is actually gravy now. We got the ring and snapped the jinx. The haters can't say anything now so it is all good. Of course I do not enjoy seeing the team struggle as a diehard fan but it happens :thmup:

Baseball has always been a bridge sport for me and depending on what happens this weekend it could be even less from now on

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was talking to a Whitesox fan at work last night and he like many have was mocking the Cubs for not winning it all in 108 years.

 

haters gonna hate GIF

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Baseball has always been a bridge sport for me and depending on what happens this weekend it could be even less from now on

Baseball is the toughest sport to repeat as Champions and it is very tough to even make the playoffs 2 years in a row. Cubs have made the playoffs 4 straight years from 2015-2018 and won a WS Championship in 2016 = a great run. So if they do have a bad season so be it. The mighty Cards have missed the playoffs 3 years in a row, Whitesox are a dump haha. I am content and happy and just going with the flow now days. Just very thankful we won in 2016 because when you get to the WS, no guarantee you will get back. Look at the Indians. Look at the Dodgers who can't get over the hump in this era. 2 teams that haven't won a ring in decades that are very good but no ring. Bragging rights = RING.

 

-Yankees haven't won a WS since 2009.

-Last team to repeat as WS Champions are the Yankees in 2000.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is how tough it is to win a WS Championship. Last time these teams won it all were:

Cards 2011

Yankees 2009

Phillies 2008

White Sox 2005 LOL

Reds 1990 

A's 1989
Dodgers 1988

Mets 1986

Pirates 1979

Indians 1948

-all notably solid franchises and the one's in bold are talked about the most and most successful. Cubs just won 1 in 2016. By the way the Brewers have never won 1 in franchise history will ferrell lol GIF

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 5:21 PM, NFLfan said:

 

Hopefully she won't need an attorney. All the best with that. 

 

On 3/30/2019 at 5:21 PM, NFLfan said:

 

Hopefully she won't need an attorney. All the best with that. 

All is good finally got approval 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

San Diego is starting the season pretty strong. I hope the Cards can stop that.
I hope the St. Louis crowd gives Fernando Tatis Jr a good ovation since his dad was a Cardinal. I remember him hitting the 2 grand slams in one inning in 1999. He had a great year. Batted .298 with 31 doubles, 34 HR's, OPB of .404.
Tatis Jr is going to be real good. I watched him 2 years ago playing for a local minor league affiliate of the Padres. The Fort Wayne Tin Caps. He was great.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is how tough it is to win a WS Championship. Last time these teams won it all were:

Cards 2011

Yankees 2009

Phillies 2008

White Sox 2005 LOL

Reds 1990 

A's 1989
Dodgers 1988

Mets 1986

Pirates 1979

Indians 1948

-all notably solid franchises and the one's in bold are talked about the most and most successful. Cubs just won 1 in 2016. By the way the Brewers have never won 1 in franchise history will ferrell lol GIF

 

My God.....you need a hobby.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, buccolts said:

My God.....you need a hobby.

 

Why the snarky remark. :facepalm:  We are trying to promote dialogue. If you don't like it, don't bother to click on the baseball thread. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 10:29 AM, Myles said:

San Diego is starting the season pretty strong. I hope the Cards can stop that.
I hope the St. Louis crowd gives Fernando Tatis Jr a good ovation since his dad was a Cardinal. I remember him hitting the 2 grand slams in one inning in 1999. He had a great year. Batted .298 with 31 doubles, 34 HR's, OPB of .404.
Tatis Jr is going to be real good. I watched him 2 years ago playing for a local minor league affiliate of the Padres. The Fort Wayne Tin Caps. He was great.

 

I remember his father playing for the Cards. He was a pretty good player. His son is or was the #1 baseball prospect. The Padres have something like 10 top 100 prospects. They will be a contender for the playoffs for years to come.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Why the snarky remark. :facepalm:  We are trying to promote dialogue. If you don't like it, don't bother to click on the baseball thread. 

I seen it, it did not even bother me. I am used to it from him :funny:. You are right though, last I looked this a sports website and I love the history of the game and following sports is technically a hobby. No big deal :thmup:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, buccolts said:

My God.....you need a hobby.

This is my hobby

 

   I have detailed histories of Princeton/Princeton Community Basketball(B/G) and Football since 1896

     In the boys basketball files I have records for the 7 North Gibson Schools that formed a Princeton Community(Hazleton, Mount Olympus, Patoka, Princeton, Princeton Lincoln, and White River Township)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I seen it, it did not even bother me. I am used to it from him :funny:. You are right though, last I looked this a sports website and I love the history of the game and following sports is technically a hobby. No big deal :thmup:

 

Funny how much sports can unite us or tear us apart. I'm the only Mets fan here. I'm the only Vikings fan here. Thankfully, folks are generally nice to me.

 

Did you hear about another person getting beaten at Dodger Stadium? Someone is hospitalized after some fans beat him. What's wrong with those fans? I have always felt safe when I go to games. I have been to close to 100. There were several when I went alone and at night. I never feared for my safety. I would not go alone to Dodger Stadium.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

Funny how much sports can unite us or tear us apart. I'm the only Mets fan here. 

 

Did you hear about another person begging beaten at Dodger Stadium. Someone is hospitalized after some fans beat him. What's wrong with those fans? I have always felt safe when I go to games. I have been to close to 100. There were several that I went alone and at night. I never feared for my safety. I would not go alone to Dodger Stadium.

I am not sure of these details but Dodger Blue is a Crip Color

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

This is my hobby

 

   I have detailed histories of Princeton/Princeton Community Basketball(B/G) and Football since 1896

     In the boys basketball files I have records for the 7 North Gibson Schools that formed a Princeton Community(Hazleton, Mount Olympus, Patoka, Princeton, Princeton Lincoln, and White River Township)

I hear ya, I just love posting history stuff about the game and what teams and players have accomplished. It may be redundant to some but this what the forum is for right? I am very proud of what the Cubs have accomplished this decade, hence the posts :thmup: 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This is my hobby

 

   I have detailed histories of Princeton/Princeton Community Basketball(B/G) and Football since 1896

     In the boys basketball files I have records for the 7 North Gibson Schools that formed a Princeton Community(Hazleton, Mount Olympus, Patoka, Princeton, Princeton Lincoln, and White River Township)

Congrats on the ND win last night. Beating UCONN is always huge.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am not sure of these details but Dodger Blue is a Crip Color

 

What does that mean? Is Crip a name of a gang? Sounds familiar but I don't follow gangs. Lol 

 

But these don't seem to be gang-related. These seem to be opposing fans fighting with each other. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Congrats on the ND win last night. Beating UCONN is always huge.

 

I did not realize they won. I noticed UConn up by something like 8 with a few minutes left. I assumed UConn would win. Didn't ND win last year too?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

 

What does that mean? Is Crip a name of a gang? Sounds familiar but I don't follow gangs. Lol 

 

But these don't seem to be gang-related. These seem to be opposing fans fighting with each other. 

Crips are a Gang

    There have been several occasions of innocents being attacked because of what they wear

     Rivalries can be bad too

         Princeton had an Series end with a rival for 30+ years after a fight between fan bases at mid court

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

I did not realize they won. I noticed UConn up by something like 8 with a few minutes left. I assumed UConn would win. Didn't ND win last year too?

Brianna Turner broke the schools career block record to ensure the victory 

     

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Crips are a Gang

    There have been several occasions of innocents being attacked because of what they wear

     Rivalries can be bad too

         Princeton had an Series end with a rival for 30+ years after a fight between fan bases at mid court

One reason why I only went to home games when I went to Colts games was because I felt safe. I went to around 50 games in my time from 1984-2013, last game I went too was the Texans game in 2013 and we stomped them. Anymore I just enjoy watching at home and not messing with crowds of people. I did go to 1 Colts road game, that at Chicago in 2004. I went with 3 other guys and 2 of them played O.Line for Ben Davis when I was in school lmao . Nobody was messing with us :thmup:. Colts won big that day but the Bears fans around us were actually cool.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Cubs and Mets relief pitcher Turk Wendell is at CitiField. Mets are bringing in many Mets alums. He is being interviewed now. And we hit a HR. 1-0 Mets in the top of 5th. :cheer2:

 

Turk was so popular here in NY. He was great with the fans. 

 

Now they're talking about Pat Mahomes, Jr., QB of the Chiefs. His father Pat Mahomes, Sr pitched for the Mets when Turk was there. I think Jr. is a Mets fan. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Something had to be done ....

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cubshq.com/amp/update/Cubs-send-Carl-Edwards-to-Iowa-Mike-Montgomery-to-IL-and-recall-two-pitchers-26137

 

Both will be available tonight......

 

Lead off change too, Descalo gets the nod against the Brewers.

Yeah something needed to be done, before we know it we will be 7 or 8 games out of 1st place by mid April westminster dog show GIF by Westminster Kennel Club

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Why the snarky remark. :facepalm:  We are trying to promote dialogue. If you don't like it, don't bother to click on the baseball thread. 

 

Actually, as snarky as it may have sounded, I meant it. I suppose I should have said 'another' hobby, though.

 

For someone who's obviously, and deservedly, proud that their team 'recently' won the WS, he's awfully insecure about what fans of other teams (White Sox & Brewers) think of the Cubs. It makes for a really bad read.

 

If he doesn't like what other fans think of the Cubs, he shouldn't go to their forums.

 

He can talk baseball all he wants. I just take issue when he feels the need to take childish swipes at other teams, and yes, even though his swipes aren't at mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

 

Actually, as snarky as it may have sounded, I meant it. I suppose I should have said 'another' hobby, though.

 

For someone who's obviously, and deservedly, proud that their team 'recently' won the WS, he's awfully insecure about what fans of other teams (White Sox & Brewers) think of the Cubs. It makes for a really bad read.

 

If he doesn't like what other fans think of the Cubs, he shouldn't go to their forums.

 

He can talk baseball all he wants. I just take issue when he feels the need to take childish swipes at other teams, and yes, even though his swipes aren't at mine.

The White Sox thing was at work not on a forum

    

  I have no problem with @2006Coltsbestever Because that is with me Princeton Community Tiger Sports and any former Tiger

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, buccolts said:

 

Actually, as snarky as it may have sounded, I meant it. I suppose I should have said 'another' hobby, though.

 

For someone who's obviously, and deservedly, proud that their team 'recently' won the WS, he's awfully insecure about what fans of other teams (White Sox & Brewers) think of the Cubs. It makes for a really bad read.

 

If he doesn't like what other fans think of the Cubs, he shouldn't go to their forums.

 

He can talk baseball all he wants. I just take issue when he feels the need to take childish swipes at other teams, and yes, even though his swipes aren't at mine.

 

I thought you were just joking with him at first, Geez.......

 

05188ce8d0400233305e75d5e4319bf911ac-wm.

 

Its not childish swipes, it’s called friendly banter, ribbing, trash talk. A lot of fans do it.........and he always gives credit where credit is due. Just like you mention he doesn’t have to go on thier forums or read thier comments, you don’t have to read his posts if it gets your underwear in such a knot. Also noticed no one else seems to have a problem with it. Oh and btw, with social media the way it is, you no longer have to go to thier forums to see what they are saying, sometimes they bombard the Cubs/Colts sites with trash talk.

 

Speaking of Crips......

so-just-chill-till-the-next-episode.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The White Sox thing was at work not on a forum

    

  I have no problem with @2006Coltsbestever Because that is with me Princeton Community Tiger Sports and any former Tiger

 

I'm not sure what your second sentence refers to, so if you'd clarify, thanks.

 

Regarding the White Sox thing, regardless. The White Sox won a WS recently also. Why the jab at them just 'cause it wasn't as recent as the Cubs? I'd guess he's taking a jab at someone not even on this forum(?). The Cubs won more recently. Why would he take guff from a White Sox fan, and feel the need to take the jab. He comes off as petty, and insecure.

 

Or is this a trash talk thing. Which, BTW, changes nothing in my mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

 

Geez.......

 

05188ce8d0400233305e75d5e4319bf911ac-wm.

 

Its not childish swipes, it’s called friendly banter, ribbing, trash talk. A lot of fans do it.........and he always gives credit where credit is due. Just like you mention he doesn’t have to go on thier forums or read thier comments, you don’t have to read his posts if it gets your underwear in such a knot. Also noticed no one else seems to have a problem with it. Oh and btw, with social media the way it is, you no longer have to go to thier forums to see what they are saying, sometimes they bombard the Cubs/Colts sites with trash talk.

 

so-just-chill-till-the-next-episode.jpg

 

I don't want to block him. I enjoy some of his posts in other forums, but I know of no way to block him just in the baseball forum.

 

Trash talk, you can keep.

Friendly banter? Ribbing? Who's he ribbing? There's on White Sox fan here who doesn't post much, and zero Brewers fans. Seems more like pounding his chest to himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...