Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, NFLfan said:

I agree. As much as I don't like Clemens, he belongs in the Hall of Fame.

You think Bonds gets voted in? He and Clemens have not come close.  Many of the Baseball writers who vote for the Baseball HoF say they will not vote for PED users. So far, no one who has tested positive or admitted to using PEDs has gotten in. Even those suspected of using have come way short of getting voted in, like Bagwell. However, I think David Ortiz will make it 5 years from now.

I think Big Mac belongs as well . I also think its time Pete Rose is allowed in . They think they are doing the game a service. I don't think they are its like they are trying to edit history. Impossible history is what it is even if they don't like it.

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Bagwell, Pudge, and Tim Raines.  Looks like the beginning for the abuser?  I loved all 3 of these guys.

I never thought Raines was among the suspected abusers.

If Bagwell is in, Bonds will get in also. They played at the same time and Bonds was a much better player.

I always saw Pudge as a Hall of Fame player, more so than Raines or Bagwell.

Congrats to all.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

If Bagwell is in, Bonds will get in also. They played at the same time and Bonds was a much better player.

Congrats to all.

They talked about Raines at the time.  His body was huge.  Of course I am Oldtimers officially. :)  

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, Jay Kirk said:

I think Big Mac belongs as well . I also think its time Pete Rose is allowed in . They think they are doing the game a service. I don't think they are its like they are trying to edit history. Impossible history is what it is even if they don't like it.

Pete Rose definitely belongs, what a joke they wont let him in. All-Time Hits leader!

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Congrats to all.

These players who are NOT not in were 'bad to the bone.'  Time to get them in the HOF.

20 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Its a farce Lee Smith is not in , it was his final ballot

I could see Lee Smith being voted in by the senior committee years down the road.

Jeff Kent was an underrated player. He was a perennial All-Star player (I think) after he left the Mets. For a second baseman he had a lot of power. I think he has one more year on the ballot. He may not make it. The media does not like him.

Two baseball players died in car accidents this weekend. Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura and former Indians infielder Andy Marte died in separate car crashes in the Dominican Republic. Ventura was a 25 year old who helped the Royals win the World Series. That is terrible news.

Rest in peace. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18531119/kansas-city-royals-right-hander-yordano-ventura-25-killed-car-accident

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Two baseball players died in car accidents this weekend. Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura and former Indians infielder Andy Marte died in separate car crashes in the Dominican Republic. Ventura was a 25 year old who helped the Royals win the World Series. That is terrible news.

Rest in peace. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18531119/kansas-city-royals-right-hander-yordano-ventura-25-killed-car-accident

Its very sad for these families teams and fans , I know first hand how they feel we lost Taveras a young 5 tool Dominican the same way, Cards still digging out of hole it left. Devastating There must be a real problem on the roads there.My prayers go out to the families and the teams

On January 22, 2017 at 8:09 PM, Jay Kirk said:

Its very sad for these families teams and fans , I know first hand how they feel we lost Taveras a young 5 tool Dominican the same way, Cards still digging out of hole it left. Devastating There must be a real problem on the roads there.My prayers go out to the families and the teams

Unfortunately I'm hearing alcohol was involved in at least one of the fatalities. I don't get these athletes, YOU'RE MILLIONAIRES!!!! I have not a doubt in my mind you can afford a sober driver for Gods sake!!! Ok stepping off my soapbox. Still sad either way.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The latest Vegas odds on who will win the WS in 2017 (Top 5) as of Jan 28th, 2017:

1. Cubs 4.5 to 1

2. RedSox 5 to 1

3. Indians 8 to 1

4. Giants 12 to 1

4. Astros 12 to 1

RedSox getting tons of love!

-Mets are 18 to 1 if you are wondering NFLFan.

-Cards are 20 to 1 if you are wondering Jay.

No not wondering lol never go with Vegas on baseball

17 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

No not wondering lol never go with Vegas on baseball

The Cubs of 2017 wont be as Great as last season but I still think they can Repeat. They wont go 103-58 again and they lost Chap and Fowler. I can still see them winning 95 games or so though and playing looser in the Playoffs since they won it all. They are the 1 team in sports that it may be easier to Repeat than winning their first one because of the curse they faced. The Cubs had tons of pressure on them last season, they really have none now. They are hero's in Chicago and World Champions.

The 2016 Cubs had the 9th best winning % of any team since 1947 that won the WS when African Americans were finally allowed to play and WW2 was over. They wont top that but I really don't care. That was the 2nd best day of my SPORTS life when they beat Cleveland in Game 7 and won the WS. Only the Colts winning the SB over the Bears tops it. Colts beating the Pats was better in a way but we still had to finish it with the Bears. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cubs of 2017 wont be as Great as last season but I still think they can Repeat. They wont go 103-58 again and they lost Chap and Fowler. I can still see them winning 95 games or so though and playing looser in the Playoffs since they won it all. They are the 1 team in sports that it may be easier to Repeat than winning their first one because of the curse they faced. The Cubs had tons of pressure on them last season, they really have none now. They are hero's in Chicago and World Champions.

They also did t have Schwarber for most of last season:rock:

We will definitely miss Fowler, although I was never a huge fan of Chapman.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really liked Chap. I think Maddon over used him but I loved his power pitching. Fowler will be the bigger loss I agree there.

Lol your optimistic I really feel The Cards will give them more than they want. It wont be no cakewalk

I'm very interested to see what kind of year Schwarber has , has a lot of talent . Can he make the adjustments when pitching staffs change way they pitch him ? Time will tell but from what I seen I think he will. Will he be injury prone ? Who knows

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I'm very interested to see what kind of year Schwarber has , has a lot of talent . Can he make the adjustments when pitching staffs change way they pitch him ? Time will tell but from what I seen I think he will. Will he be injury prone ? Who knows

He is an awesome talent, I hope he can stay healthy. Cubs have a powerful lineup, Great hitting and smart base running. Not a lot of speed but when you have a team hitting HR's that isn't needed much. Not even sure who will be leadoff at this point. Fowler is a huge loss.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is an awesome talent, I hope he can stay healthy. Cubs have a powerful lineup, Great hitting and smart base running. Not a lot of speed but when you have a team hitting HR's that isn't needed much. Not even sure who will be leadoff at this point. Fowler is a huge loss.

Agreed will effect the D as well , hes an underrated player IMO

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

With the addition of Fowler the Cards run production should go up with Carpenter in an RBI spot . I think on offense the key is Grichuk, Will we see the one that struggled early and got sent down , or the one when called back up tore it up. ?

Yeah you guys got a Very Good player. He led off Game 7 with a HR, he set the tone a lot for the Cubs and he did have a tad bit of speed to go along with his hitting ability.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you guys got a Very Good player. He led off Game 7 with a HR, he set the tone a lot for the Cubs and he did have a tad bit of speed to go along with his hitting ability.

Who do they predict as a leadoff man ? Its very important

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Who do they predict as a leadoff man ? Its very important

I really don't know as of now. It may be Zobrist or Schwarber? I kind of wish we had more speed but I don't think Baez or Russell could handle being leadoff, that is our speed guys. Then again having power early then speed in 2nd or 3rd innings still could pay off.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't know as of now. It may be Zobrist or Schwarber? I kind of wish we had more speed but I don't think Baez or Russell could handle being leadoff, that is our speed guys. Then again having power early then speed in 2nd or 3rd innings still could pay off.

I keep hearing it'll be Schwarber

On 1/28/2017 at 2:40 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The latest Vegas odds on who will win the WS in 2017 (Top 5) as of Jan 28th, 2017:

1. Cubs 4.5 to 1

2. RedSox 5 to 1

3. Indians 8 to 1

4. Giants 12 to 1

4. Astros 12 to 1

RedSox getting tons of love!

-Mets are 18 to 1 if you are wondering NFLFan.

-Cards are 20 to 1 if you are wondering Jay.

Mets will defy the odds. :P

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It could be Almora 

Archived