Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5766

  • NFLfan

    2258

  • Jay Kirk

    2230

  • PrincetonTiger

    1830

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

It is Jackie Robinson Day today. It is the 70th Anniversary of when Jackie Robinson integrated baseball. A month or so later, Larry Doby integrated the AL, playing for the Cleveland Indians.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He pitched 4 innings and only gave up 1 run.

 

I read he was having a little trouble controlling the fastball and he hit two batters against Rangers. He only gave up one run in four innings so I’ll take it!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 9:41 PM, Jay Kirk said:

Spring training half over , any youngsters showing promise for your respective teams you had not counted on before camp began ?

after being shut down for a short time, Sonny Gray of the Reds oitched 2 games. 2 innings of shutout ball and 3 perfect innings the next. Not sure how many major league hitters he faced.Last I checked Nick Sensel ws doing pretty good. I think the Reds really hope he can play center field.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 8:01 AM, HOZER said:

 

I read he was having a little trouble controlling the fastball and he hit two batters against Rangers. He only gave up one run in four innings so I’ll take it!

There are a few good pitchers out there who have not gained total command of the fastball. That will come the more they pitch.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched rhe Reds and Indians today. Nick Senzel, last years #4 overall prodpect is becoming a center fielder. Reports are good. However, today, he was calling for a ball, playing in CF, and had to drift over maybe 8 steps.  Puig, playing right, comes charging over like his hair was on fire, calling enzel off and dropping the ball. I see Puig doing a lot of this, but my main concern was Puig fatally running over Senzel.:funny:

 

Puig also made a useless throw home, allowing a runner to advance from first to second.  Luis Castillo was pitching and looked pretty irritated about loosing the possibility of an infield DP.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

I watched rhe Reds and Indians today. Nick Senzel, last years #4 overall prodpect is becoming a center fielder. Reports are good. However, today, he was calling for a ball, playing in CF, and had to drift over maybe 8 steps.  Puig, playing right, comes charging over like his hair was on fire, calling enzel off and dropping the ball. I see Puig doing a lot of this, but my main concern was Puig fatally running over Senzel.:funny:

 

Puig also made a useless throw home, allowing a runner to advance from first to second.  Luis Castillo was pitching and looked pretty irritated about loosing the possibility of an infield DP.

 

That's a bit scary. Let's hope there was a lesson learned and this does not happen again. 

 

I don't know what to think of the Mets. I will wait until the regular season starts to see what to expect the rest of the year.

 

Baseball is almost here. It could not come soon enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Crazy money for someone that has only been to the playoffs once. I get he is great though.

 

I like him a lot but $430 million is too much for any player. :thmdown: The Angels give out tons of money. They signed Pujols to ridiculous money. They also have Ohtani, the player who is a starting pitcher who also plays in the field. What is he worth? (Shaking my head)

 

The Angels owner spends money like the late George Steinbrenner did. But at least the Yankees won championships. The Angels won a World Series a while back but that was before they were signing expensive players like this. Let's see what happens.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals complete a steal in my opinion . From all sources Paul Goldshmidt signed a 5 year ext with Cards for 130 mil . Love it ! Press conference tomorrow. :yahoo:Then Houston with the Colts been a great beginning to the weekend.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cardinals complete a steal in my opinion . From all sources Paul Goldshmidt signed a 5 year ext with Cards for 130 mil . Love it ! Press conference tomorrow. :yahoo:Then Houston with the Colts been a great beginning to the weekend.

 

I agree, Jay. I read about the extension earlier this week and thought "The Cardinals always do things the right way." They did not overpay like the Padres, Phillies and Angel's did. I loved it. Mets fans on the Mets blog are tired of me bringing up Goldy. Lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mariners won both games. They are 2-0, A's are 0-2. Ichiro retired.

 

Ichiro will be a first ballot Hall of Famer, IMO.

 

Are you ready for some baseball? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ichiro is the greatest hitter of all-time, screw Pete Rose :sarcasm:. Ichiro 1st ballot easily. Yeah I can't wait for Thursday. 

I don't think Rose was ever the greatest hitter. And he is my all time favorite player. Just not on my list of favorite people.  Williams in my opinion was the grestest hitter.  He lost several prime seasons due to 2 wars. Imagine his counting stats if he had played them . Staggering. Ichiro isn't too far behind him though

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

I don't think Rose was ever the greatest hitter. And he is my all time favorite player. Just not on my list of favorite people.  Williams in my opinion was the grestest hitter.  He lost several prime seasons due to 2 wars. Imagine his counting stats if he had played them . Staggering. Ichiro isn't too far behind him though

When I said screw Pete Rose, I was actually being sarcastic because off the field he did some shady stuff. Ted Williams definitely has an argument to being the greatest hitter ever.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ian Happ for the Cubs is optioned to Triple-A to begin the season Maddon announced today

 

Any reason given? Wasn't he a starter or platoon player last year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure why, it could be they just have a ton of depth as of now. Better players to fill his role.

 

How do you feel about this year's Cubs team? Is there an area of the team that you are concerned about? How has Yu looked?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

How do you feel about this year's Cubs team? Is there an area of the team that you are concerned about? How has Yu looked?

The starting Pitching staff has some age to it, so I am concerned there. We have no legit closer either as in a Chapman type. Yu has looked good so far. I see the Cubs as a playoff team, the batting lineup has a lot of talent. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Any reason given? Wasn't he a starter or platoon player last year?

They want him to work on making contact. His 2nd half last year and now spring he's hitting under .200. They did this with Schwarber too so that hope is it will clear his mind and get him back to understanding. Also to give him some consistent time

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Never get in a fart contest with your center is, I believe, among the first 10 rules in the NFL QBs guidebook.
    • With so many ex-Colts on this team, it might get pretty emotional. Those Jets will either be extra fired up or extra intimidated. Time will tell, but I bet its a good game.
    • On 1070 the Fan today, they were discussing this and media people who were at the game last week said that the stadium could accommodate 15-20 thousand and still maintain social distancing. Probably too late to extend occupancy for this week... But for Cincinnati good possibility, especially since INDY easing constraints. We will see.
    • Fixed it for you.  For those that missed it (MNF, Cowboys/Giants game, I was listening in my car on Westwood One radio live) a black cat went onto the field while a play was in progress.  Kevin Harlan announced both the play, and cat movements simultaneously.  After the whistle, Harlan did play by play of the whole cat incident. It was really funny then, and still is now.  You listen to it here- Bob Papa (Radio voice of the NY football Giants) was calling the game as well, and also did play by play and stated "The cat, is not in the hat" at one point. A lot of folks had fun with it too.   The CAT, a football life-  
    • No, not exactly. Not even close. 
  • Members

    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 685

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MFT5

      MFT5 421

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 101

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 575

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DarkSuperman

      DarkSuperman 3,781

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Gigc

      Gigc 259

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Oopty Oop

      The Oopty Oop 48

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shadow_Creek

      Shadow_Creek 621

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 9,449

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Peytonator

      The Peytonator 2,731

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...