Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He pitched 4 innings and only gave up 1 run.

I read he was having a little trouble controlling the fastball and he hit two batters against Rangers. He only gave up one run in four innings so I’ll take it!

On 3/9/2019 at 9:41 PM, Jay Kirk said:

Spring training half over , any youngsters showing promise for your respective teams you had not counted on before camp began ?

after being shut down for a short time, Sonny Gray of the Reds oitched 2 games. 2 innings of shutout ball and 3 perfect innings the next. Not sure how many major league hitters he faced.Last I checked Nick Sensel ws doing pretty good. I think the Reds really hope he can play center field.

On 3/15/2019 at 8:01 AM, HOZER said:

I read he was having a little trouble controlling the fastball and he hit two batters against Rangers. He only gave up one run in four innings so I’ll take it!

There are a few good pitchers out there who have not gained total command of the fastball. That will come the more they pitch.

I watched rhe Reds and Indians today. Nick Senzel, last years #4 overall prodpect is becoming a center fielder. Reports are good. However, today, he was calling for a ball, playing in CF, and had to drift over maybe 8 steps.  Puig, playing right, comes charging over like his hair was on fire, calling enzel off and dropping the ball. I see Puig doing a lot of this, but my main concern was Puig fatally running over Senzel.:funny:

Puig also made a useless throw home, allowing a runner to advance from first to second.  Luis Castillo was pitching and looked pretty irritated about loosing the possibility of an infield DP.

7 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

I watched rhe Reds and Indians today. Nick Senzel, last years #4 overall prodpect is becoming a center fielder. Reports are good. However, today, he was calling for a ball, playing in CF, and had to drift over maybe 8 steps.  Puig, playing right, comes charging over like his hair was on fire, calling enzel off and dropping the ball. I see Puig doing a lot of this, but my main concern was Puig fatally running over Senzel.:funny:

Puig also made a useless throw home, allowing a runner to advance from first to second.  Luis Castillo was pitching and looked pretty irritated about loosing the possibility of an infield DP.

That's a bit scary. Let's hope there was a lesson learned and this does not happen again. 

I don't know what to think of the Mets. I will wait until the regular season starts to see what to expect the rest of the year.

Baseball is almost here. It could not come soon enough.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Crazy money for someone that has only been to the playoffs once. I get he is great though.

I like him a lot but $430 million is too much for any player. :thmdown: The Angels give out tons of money. They signed Pujols to ridiculous money. They also have Ohtani, the player who is a starting pitcher who also plays in the field. What is he worth? (Shaking my head)

The Angels owner spends money like the late George Steinbrenner did. But at least the Yankees won championships. The Angels won a World Series a while back but that was before they were signing expensive players like this. Let's see what happens.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cardinals complete a steal in my opinion . From all sources Paul Goldshmidt signed a 5 year ext with Cards for 130 mil . Love it ! Press conference tomorrow. :yahoo:Then Houston with the Colts been a great beginning to the weekend.

I agree, Jay. I read about the extension earlier this week and thought "The Cardinals always do things the right way." They did not overpay like the Padres, Phillies and Angel's did. I loved it. Mets fans on the Mets blog are tired of me bringing up Goldy. Lol.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ichiro is the greatest hitter of all-time, screw Pete Rose :sarcasm:. Ichiro 1st ballot easily. Yeah I can't wait for Thursday. 

I don't think Rose was ever the greatest hitter. And he is my all time favorite player. Just not on my list of favorite people.  Williams in my opinion was the grestest hitter.  He lost several prime seasons due to 2 wars. Imagine his counting stats if he had played them . Staggering. Ichiro isn't too far behind him though

4 hours ago, hippiejohn said:

I don't think Rose was ever the greatest hitter. And he is my all time favorite player. Just not on my list of favorite people.  Williams in my opinion was the grestest hitter.  He lost several prime seasons due to 2 wars. Imagine his counting stats if he had played them . Staggering. Ichiro isn't too far behind him though

When I said screw Pete Rose, I was actually being sarcastic because off the field he did some shady stuff. Ted Williams definitely has an argument to being the greatest hitter ever.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure why, it could be they just have a ton of depth as of now. Better players to fill his role.

How do you feel about this year's Cubs team? Is there an area of the team that you are concerned about? How has Yu looked?

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

How do you feel about this year's Cubs team? Is there an area of the team that you are concerned about? How has Yu looked?

The starting Pitching staff has some age to it, so I am concerned there. We have no legit closer either as in a Chapman type. Yu has looked good so far. I see the Cubs as a playoff team, the batting lineup has a lot of talent. 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Any reason given? Wasn't he a starter or platoon player last year?

They want him to work on making contact. His 2nd half last year and now spring he's hitting under .200. They did this with Schwarber too so that hope is it will clear his mind and get him back to understanding. Also to give him some consistent time

Archived