Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is the best Red Sox team of all-time IMO. They really do not have any weaknesses. 2004 was special because they ended the curse and came back to beat to the Yankees in the ALCS down 0-3 but this Sox team is the best they have had. I don't blame you for partying :thmup:, when the Cubs won it all in 2016, I did it up as well :cheers:

Dodgers must be cursed or something lol.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers look like the curse team in Baseball, them and the poor Indians. Kershaw for LA may never even win 1 Ring :dunno:

Red Sox BURNED Kershaw, I almost "almost" felt sorry for him.

I admit I have become a baseball fan and you may at times have a new person here to chime in from time to time.  lmao . Dare I say it......football is my third sport now? I have not been into football as much at all this year, barely. I might for the playoffs but I am just kinda bored. It's not even a Colts thing either, it's just I am having issues following all the teams or getting into it.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Red Sox BURNED Kershaw, I almost "almost" felt sorry for him.

I admit I have become a baseball fan and you may at times have a new person here to chime in from time to time.  lmao . Dare I say it......football is my third sport now? I have not been into football as much at all this year, barely. I might for the playoffs but I am just kinda bored. It's not even a Colts thing either, it's just I am having issues following all the teams or getting into it.

Baseball is a great sport, you will get bored with the Regular Season until around August but once the Division races heat up it gets interesting and the Playoffs are just pure drama. Kershaw is going to go down like Karl Malone and Dan Marino sadly = Great Hall of Fame players but 0 Rings.

Can the Red Sox Repeat? Out of the major sports: Pro Baseball, Pro Football, Pro Basketball, and Pro Hockey, Baseball has the longest drought for a Repeat Champion.

-Baseball = The last Repeat Champion was the 2000 Yankees. We have seen teams like the Giants win 3 in 5 seasons = 2010/2012/2014 but not Repeat. The 2016 Cubs were a dominant 1 year team going 103-58 but they lost in the NLCS in 2017. 

-Football = The 2004 Patriots Repeated

-Basketball = The 2018 Warriors just Repeated

-Hockey = The 2017 Penguins Repeated 

Baseball where the Repeat doesn't happen anymore :dunno:

I was not pleased with the Mets hiring a former agent as GM. Too much conflict of interest. It is showing already. The GM is promoting Tim Tebow to Triple A with the goal of getting him to the majors some time soon. Tim Tebow was a client of this agent. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was not pleased with the Mets hiring a former agent as GM. Too much conflict of interest. It is showing already. The GM is promoting Tim Tebow to Triple A with the goal of getting him to the majors some time soon. Tim Tebow was a client of this agent. 

I would give him a chance and see what he does in the 1st couple of years. You never know??

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Latest rumor now is Harper is interested in joining the Phillies. I just heard it on ESPN. I guess if he does, he and Jake can get fat eating PhillySteaks and Cheeses with extra Mayo and Onions+Peppers on their sandwich's.

Philly has tons and tons of cash...they are a big market team with basically one of the lowest payrolls in baseball and a nice core of young players. They may land Harper and Machado they have that much money.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:25 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bryce Harper nixed deal for 10 years/300 Mill with the Nats. Looks like he will be somewhere different.

Thinking he wants player options and probably 10-350

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Philly has tons and tons of cash...they are a big market team with basically one of the lowest payrolls in baseball and a nice core of young players. They may land Harper and Machado they have that much money.

Yeah I see him ending up in Philly and Machado staying in LA for some reason. 

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don't expect that to happen at all , I will be surprised if they end up with either . I don't put much faith in ESPN . Go more off what I read  not really seeing them mentioned to much in rumors . Lol it wont be long before we find out. I really don't feel Harpers numbers warrant that contract , he is no Stanton . Not saying hes not a really good player , but to me if you don't hit very close to 300 with power that's ludicrous JMO . I certainly hope the Cards don't shell out that kind of contract but I know they are players in the sweepstake's . I would be shocked if Josh Donaldson doesn't end up a Cardinal. I also have read Harper wants to go where he can win , I just don't see Philly as that ticket. Time will answer the question my friend and I cant wait to watch things play out.

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Cubs are willing trade Kris Bryant. Per Theo Epstein: "We have never operated with untouchables". Our FO built a Championship team in a short timeframe, now they are trying to tear it apart by not re-signing Jake and signing a washed up Darvish, now this in a short timeframe. Not sure what our FO is doing since we won the 2016 Championship but I don't like it. If we trade Bryant, Baez, or Rizzo the city of Chicago would freak out and in all honesty they should. All of those guys are young and leaders, Bryant just won the NL League MVP in 2016.

-I do want to note, Jake and Kris Bryant have the same agent in Scott Boras who I don't like (I have my reasons). That is also Bryce Harper's agent. Obviously Agents have a lot of influence on players decisions where they should play and how much money they should get. 

-I guess no matter what happens, I will always have 2016. The 2016 team was a special team that went 103-58 and broke an embarrassing curse of a 108 year drought without winning a WS. The haters can't call us losers anymore :thmup:. We were lucky enough to have Pitchers like Jake and Chap who are no longer Cubs which were a huge reason the Cubs won the WS. So as a fan I have my Ring and I waited 32 years for it myself being a fan since 1984. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

According to ESPN's Buster Olney, the Cubs are willing trade Kris Bryant. Per Theo Epstein: "We have never operated with untouchables". Our FO built a Championship team in a short timeframe, now they are trying to tear it apart by not re-signing Jake and signing a washed up Darvish, now this in a short timeframe. Not sure what our FO is doing since we won the 2016 Championship but I don't like it. If we trade Bryant, Baez, or Rizzo the city of Chicago would freak out and in all honesty they should. All of those guys are young and leaders, Bryant just won the NL League MVP in 2016.

-I do want to note, Jake and Kris Bryant have the same agent in Scott Boras who I don't like (I have my reasons). That is also Bryce Harper's agent. Obviously Agents have a lot of influence on players decisions where they should play and how much money they should get. 

-I guess no matter what happens, I will always have 2016. The 2016 team was a special team that went 103-58 and broke an embarrassing curse of a 108 year drought without winning a WS. The haters can't call us losers anymore :thmup:. We were lucky enough to have Pitchers like Jake and Chap who are no longer Cubs which were a huge reason the Cubs won the WS. So as a fan I have my Ring and I waited 32 years for it myself being a fan since 1984. 

Appetantly they don’t think they can re-sign him. He is asking for way more money than they feel comfortable paying him. Not sure why they can’t afford him but that was the word. Bryant would not be the guy I would want to trade. Im all for moving some guys like Happ and swerber and Russell if someone would want him but it would take a lot to give up Bryant, Rizzo, or Baez.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Appetantly they don’t think they can re-sign him. He is asking for way more money than they feel comfortable paying him. Not sure why they can’t afford him but that was the word. Bryant would not be the guy I would want to trade. Im all for moving some guys like Happ and swerber and Russell if someone would want him but it would take a lot to give up Bryant, Rizzo, or Baez.

Speculation, clickbait, nothing more. Epstein already commented, a reporter pretty much took his untouchable comment and ran with it!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-kris-bryant-theo-epstein-20181109-story,amp.html

6 hours ago, HOZER said:

Speculation, clickbait, nothing more. Epstein already commented, a reporter pretty much took his untouchable comment and ran with it!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-kris-bryant-theo-epstein-20181109-story,amp.html

ESPN tends to do that. I love the overall job Theo has done but after not re-signing Jake and signing Darvish to that ridiculous contract I never know what he may do.  

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ESPN tends to do that. I love the overall job Theo has done but after not re-signing Jake and signing Darvish to that ridiculous contract I never know what he may do.  

You win some; you lose some. Theo is a winner. I'm sure he does not want to lose Bryant. Jake was older and asking for ridiculous money. Theo signed Darvish and missed but that is just one. (Btw, he was right about Fowler, no?) 

Give Theo the benefit of the doubt.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You win some; you lose some. Theo is a winner. I'm sure he does not want to lose Bryant. Jake was older and asking for ridiculous money. Theo signed Darvish and missed but that is just one. (Btw, he was right about Fowler, no?) 

Yeah Theo has been great for the most part so I shouldn't complain. He is a winner and the Cubs finally won a WS but if he trades Bryant I won't be happy. ESPN loves to exaggerate alot though, so Bryant probably isn't going anywhere but you never know.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Theo has been great for the most part so I shouldn't complain. He is a winner and the Cubs finally won a WS but if he trades Bryant I won't be happy. ESPN loves to exaggerate alot though, so Bryant probably isn't going anywhere but you never know.

I think Boras is the one to blame if you lose Bryant, but I don't believe that will happen.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I Think Epstein’s done a fine job, other then Darvish.......:thmdown: and you’re right, he won’t always hit a home run.

As for the Fowler deal...He did want big money to stay, so Epstein did have to do what he had to do, but I kind of wonder if his decline last season was more related to a culture change, old management, foot fracture, etc? I know Jays not a fan of the signing...and I’m sure I’m being nostalgic but I really wouldn’t mind having him back, I think he still  has plenty of fuel in the tank:dunno:

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, HOZER said:

Imagine lol a reporter taking someone's comment and running with it.:sarcasm:

On 11/10/2018 at 4:45 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Theo did move quite a few popular players in his day in Boston. Nomar and Manny. He isn’t afraid to move guys even popular ones if it is part of what he sees making the team better. 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:30 PM, HOZER said:

I agree it’s that time of year but we do have to remember who his agent is and the fact he was upset they got another year of arbitration by not calling him up the start of his rookie season. Add in it seems the Cubs are not making a play on his best friend maybe there could be something to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived