Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was over before it started, not to sound snobby. No matter what happens in LA I can't see the Red Sox blowing this.

I went to Fenway last night with my husband for game 1. We almost froze to death  but I never seen a team I felt this destined to win it all in a long time.

Fenway is great btw but man SOOOOO old lmao. And the fans, whoa........they go nuts.

That was my first time there.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit I haven't seen an Offense all decade long like these Red Sox have. I think the 2016 Cubs had better Pitching with Lester, Jake, and Hendricks + Chapman but the Red Sox Offense seems to score when they want and need too. It's almost comical. 

I am no baseball expert lol, but it seems the Red Sox find ways to score no matter what even if it looks ugly for a while.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I am no baseball expert lol, but it seems the Red Sox find ways to score no matter what even if it looks ugly for a while.

Yeah they do. They just Hit really well, whether it be just Singles or the HR. They make really good contact as a whole team. I have to admit this is over, I would be stunned if Boston blew a 2-0 lead. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they do. They just Hit really well, whether it be just Singles or the HR. They make really good contact as a whole team. I have to admit this is over, I would be stunned if Boston blew a 2-0 lead. 

Maybe they slip up in LA a bit? (it's a long trip)

But I don't feel this Dodgers team is in the same realm as the Red Sox at all. I doubt they can win at Fenway.

I think in baseball at times it's just often someone's year.......and it's often blatant when it happens lol. Red Sox had that win craziness all season and it just feels like it's their time but that doesn't mean they repeat at all.

I am sure when the Cubs did it you felt it coming in a way too.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

Maybe they slip up in LA a bit? (it's a long trip)

But I don't feel this Dodgers team is in the same realm as the Red Sox at all. I doubt they can win at Fenway.

I think in baseball at times it's just often someone's year.......and it's often blatant when it happens lol. Red Sox had that win craziness all season and it just feels like it's their time but that doesn't mean they repeat at all.

I am sure when the Cubs did it you felt it coming in a way too.

Yeah we rolled in 2016 up until the WS. The Indians had me sweating though when they went up 3-1. Once the Cubs got it to 3-3, I felt great about Game 7 though. Cubs just had the better team and in a 1 game situation the better team wins 9 out of 10 times. When the better team loses the other team has to play perfect in a 1 game situation and get all the big breaks. It doesn't even appear that Boston fans even have to sweat at all with this one LOL. This may be a sweep?

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we rolled in 2016 up until the WS. The Indians had me sweating though when they went up 3-1. Once the Cubs got it to 3-3, I felt great about Game 7 though. Cubs just had the better team and in a 1 game situation the better team wins 9 out of 10 times. When the better team loses the other team has to play perfect in a 1 game situation and get all the big breaks. It doesn't even appear that Boston fans even have to sweat at all with this one LOL. This may be a sweep?

Oops nevermind, I had forgotten the Cubs had to come back from 3-1 to win it. It was sort of a reverse to me at the time with the Cavs getting the 3-1 comeback vs. the Warriors and the Indians blowing the 3-1 lead. Kinda odd.

Yeah that was a crazy World Series with Cubs/Indians. I had honestly forgotten. I remember some sort of rain delay in game 7 and everything. And I remember the Cubs being a good pitching team but not as good with scoring?

No I don't think Sox fans really feel the heat on this one right now since the Yankees/Astros were more intense.

IMO the Sox took off when they got that 16-1 win over NY.....

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

Oops nevermind, I had forgotten the Cubs had to come back from 3-1 to win it. It was sort of a reverse to me at the time with the Cavs getting the 3-1 comeback vs. the Warriors and the Indians blowing the 3-1 lead. Kinda odd.

Yeah that was a crazy World Series with Cubs/Indians. I had honestly forgotten. I remember some sort of rain delay in game 7 and everything. And I remember the Cubs being a good pitching team but not as good with scoring?

No I don't think Sox fans really feel the heat on this one right now since the Yankees/Astros were more intense.

IMO the Sox took off when they got that 16-1 win over NY.....

Yeah in 2016 the Cubs rolled over the Giants 3-1 and Dodgers 4-2 (neither went 7 games) but those Indians were Very Good. Yeah being up 2-0, the Sox could even lay an egg in Game 3 and you still have nothing to worry about IMO. Doesn't look like LA can even win at Fenway.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.com/2018/10/25/cubs-pitcher-jon-lester-sends-his-encouragement-a-invitation-to-tyler-trent/amp/

What a story! Lester you are THE MAN!!!! I love the fact that these guys take time out of their schedules to do things like this...looks like there was a signed Andrew Luck jersey hanging there as well:rock:This kid has been an inspiration to the Boilers and the surrounding community for sure, and now to many more around the country thanks to Espn, very cool.

Whew....for some reason my eyes are sweating a little bit.....

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Rizzo, Baez, and Heyward up for Golden gloves!!!! Good luck to them!!!!

Baez is a no brainer IMO. Heyward is a Defensive machine too. Rizzo is solid at 1st as well. I miss watching our guys play already. The haters got us this year but we still were Good/made the Playoffs for the 4th straight season so we weren't a complete fail in 2018. Can't wait for 2019 Cubs Baseball. I have a feeling some big moves will be made by us.

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wgntv.com/2018/10/25/cubs-pitcher-jon-lester-sends-his-encouragement-a-invitation-to-tyler-trent/amp/

What a story! Lester you are THE MAN!!!! I love the fact that these guys take time out of their schedules to do things like this...looks like there was a Luck jersey hanging there as well:rock:This kid has been an inspiration to the Boilers and the surrounding community for sure, and now to many more around the country thanks to Espn, very cool.

Whew....for some reason my eyes are sweating a little bit.....

Great stuff, the Cubs not only have great players, they have great guys. I read a story a while back where MVP visited a little girl in the hospital that couldn't walk and spent the whole day with her. Gave her his jersey, etc.. Rizzo has given over 100,000 dollars to cancer research as well. Rizzo is a cancer survivor.

Dodgers blow a 4-0 lead and lose. This series is pretty much over now. Only 2 teams that I can really remember have comeback from 3-1 by winning the last 2 games on the road in the WS and those are the 1979 Pirates and 2016 Cubs. This season has been another fun one chatting in here but after Sunday night's game it may be over. Red Sox up 3-1.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers blow a 4-0 lead and lose. This series is pretty much over now. Only 2 teams that I can really remember have comeback from 3-1 by winning the last 2 games on the road in the WS and those are the 1979 Pirates and 2016 Cubs. This season has been another fun one chatting in here but after Sunday night's game it may be over. Red Sox up 3-1.

Yep for all intense purpose but on the upside Colts look better Pacers look pretty good ND in hunt for national title and cant wait to see this IU team on the hardwood.

Archived