Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our in ability to score over the last month is sad.

That’s it in a nutshell...absolutely ridiculous. Need to be some major changes, wether it be our batting coach, batting practice, or something else, downright disgusting to watch at times. The Cardinals would have won that game.

Im sorry, but wth was Madden thinking taking out Rizzo? Most clutch player on the team and unbeatable at first, unreal. I get what his “strategy” was, but wasn’t worth losing his bat. Dumb.

Hats off to the Rockies, they wanted it more, and got some help from the ump with some atrocious calls. 

I will never, let me repeat, NEVER, listen to another game that has Alex Rodriguez as an announcer/commentator, he is an absolute * and terrible to listen to, him and J-Lo can take a one way ticket to the Bahamas for all I care. The other two weren’t much better, and had obviously decided that they wanted the Rockies to win, never said a  word when the Cubs got screwed but quickly defended the Rockies. Dumb.

Welp, there’s always next year, going to have a bad taste in my mouth until Spring training.....now at least I can focus on the Colts and hopefully their progression this year.

Sorry if I sound like a sore loser, just disgusted.

:rantoff:

16 minutes ago, HOZER said:

That’s it in a nutshell...absolutely ridiculous. Need to be some major changes, wether it be our batting coach, batting practice, or something else, downright disgusting to watch at times. The Cardinals would have won that game.

Im sorry, but wth was Madden thinking taking out Rizzo? Most clutch player on the team and unbeatable at first, unreal. I get what his “strategy” was, but wasn’t worth losing his bat. Dumb.

Hats off to the Rockies, they wanted it more, and got some help from the ump with some atrocious calls. 

I will never, let me repeat, NEVER, listen to another game that has Alex Rodriguez as an announcer/commentator, he is an absolute * and terrible to listen to, him and J-Lo can take a one way ticket to the Bahamas for all I care. The other two weren’t much better, and had obviously decided that they wanted the Rockies to win, never said a  word when the Cubs got screwed but quickly defended the Rockies. Dumb.

Welp, there’s always next year, going to have a bad taste in my mouth until Spring training.....now at least I can focus on the Colts and hopefully their progression this year.

Sorry if I sound like a sore loser, just disgusted.

:rantoff:

We had a Very Good year, not a great one because it ended in a stunning loss. From 2015-2018 we have won 60% of our games and a World Championship and made the Playoffs 4 straight seasons. Lets celebrate that brother. Now that we are out of it who do you want to win it? I picked LA before the season, Kershaw deserves one. I can't stand the Brewers or their fanbase :cheers: I hope LA smokes them. I don't like RedSox or Yankees either, go Dodgers because I do not want the Astros to Repeat either.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had a Very Good year, not a great one because it ended in a stunning loss. From 2015-2018 we have won 60% of our games and a World Championship and made the Playoffs 4 straight seasons. Lets celebrate that brother. Now that we are out of it who do you want to win it? I picked LA before the season, Kershaw deserves one. I can't stand the Brewers or their fanbase :cheers: I hope LA smokes them. I don't like RedSox or Yankees either, go Dodgers because I do not want the Astros to Repeat either.

Good year, I agree, just so much wasted potential IMO. Cubs fan through and through, this one just stings I guess....what do you do:dunno: Just had a sick feeling our bats wouldn’t show up.

Rooting for the Dodgers, not only because it’s been so long, but my Bros in California are diehard fans, so hope they get it done since my Cubs are out!:Cry:

Screw the screwers, their fans are really getting a kick out of this, flying their stupid “L” flags around....Enjoy your time in the limelight, the Cubs will be back next year to be your daddy and sell out your stadium for you.

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Good year, I agree, just so much wasted potential IMO. Cubs fan through and through, this one just stings I guess....what do you do:dunno: Just had a sick feeling our bats wouldn’t show up.

Rooting for the Dodgers, not only because it’s been so long, but my Bros in California are diehard fans, so hope they get it done since my Cubs are out!:Cry:

Screw the screwers, their fans are really getting a kick out of this, flying their stupid “L” flags around....Enjoy your time in the limelight, the Cubs will be back next year to be your daddy and sell out your stadium for you.

If the A's won it all, I would be real happy. I picked LA to win it all before the season, they are due.

Had we had Jake and Chapman, 100 wins wouldve been there. The ChapPack (Chapman) is a Double Whopper with large Fries, large Coke. large Chocolate Shake around here :thmup:

-Who is the man that can strike out any man, Chapman, got a ChapPack! I already miss he and Jake both. Letting those 2 Pitchers go we deserve what we are getting now. Theo is a genius but he isn't lmao 

I am ok gang. I didn't jump off a cliff or anything lmao. Last night was such a bummer though. Before the season started I had picked the Dodgers/Yankees in the WS. We will see if it holds up? After we let Jake go I made that prediction. I know the hitting wasn't there but you can't let a Pitcher like Jake walk and get nothing in return, basically that is what happened. Darvish gave us nothing. Hamels was a nice pickup but he isn't Jake either.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Had we had Jake and Chapman, 100 wins wouldve been there. The ChapPack (Chapman) is a Double Whopper with large Fries, large Coke. large Chocolate Shake around here :thmup:

-Who is the man that can strike out any man, Chapman, got a ChapPack! I already miss he and Jake both. Letting those 2 Pitchers go we deserve what we are getting now. Theo is a genius but he isn't lmao 

Well the thing I don't like is that you let Chapman walk. Why not spend the big bucks to keep him? He has already cost you Gleyber Torres who now is turning into a star (24 HRs) for the Yankees but you don't have Chapman either. Should have locked him up long term..that would have locked up our bullpen for years to come given we had Strop and Edwards long term as well. Torres was a terrific piece and I understand why we gave him up but to not find a way to keep the guy we gave him up for hurts...a lot.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well the thing I don't like is that you let Chapman walk. Why not spend the big bucks to keep him? He has already cost you Gleyber Torres who now is turning into a star (24 HRs) for the Yankees but you don't have Chapman either. Should have locked him up long term..that would have locked up our bullpen for years to come given we had Strop and Edwards long term as well. Torres was a terrific piece and I understand why we gave him up but to not find a way to keep the guy we gave him up for hurts...a lot.

Yeah I miss Chap! I will never forget after we won the WS, I went to Burger King with a friend. My friend likes the Cubs to and said I want a Chap Pack lmao. The Shaft song was on the radio haha, We started  signing, who is the man that can strike out any man, CHAP is! We called the Double Whopper with Large Fries, Chocolate Shake and Large Coke the Chap Pack.

@NFLfan Hey...look on the bright side...as bad as the Mets were you still have the CY Young winner and you only missed out on a couple crappy games more than our Cubs did. In the end we both ended up with basically no October baseball...so Met, Cardinal, and Cubs fans are all depressed lol!

Cubs are going to watch this LA closely I think. With the whole Russell thing we may be in the market for a short stop this offseason. I am thinking Russell might have played his last game in a Cubbie uniform. Bad thing is he has almost zero value given how poor his season has been. I think the Cubs will make big moves this winter...they are taking steps back and the Cards and Brewers and Pirates are getting better. It's time to shake up this young team a bit...I think they are a little too comfortable/complacent...which is why they go through the streaks of not pitching/hitting.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Cubs are going to watch this LA closely I think. With the whole Russell thing we may be in the market for a short stop this offseason. I am thinking Russell might have played his last game in a Cubbie uniform. Bad thing is he has almost zero value given how poor his season has been. I think the Cubs will make big moves this winter...they are taking steps back and the Cards and Brewers and Pirates are getting better. It's time to shake up this young team a bit...I think they are a little too comfortable/complacent...which is why they go through the streaks of not pitching/hitting.

I can see Machado or Harper a Cub next season with the way our Bats have been. We also should have a healthy Darvish.

All in all, a look back at the last 4 seasons/years and here are my grades for what I call a Presidential term for the Cubs:

2015 = 97-65. Won Wildcard Game, won in NLDS, lost in NLCS. Final grade B+

2016 = 103-58. Won the NL Central Division as a #1 Seed, won in NLDS, won in NLCS, won the NL Pennant, won the World Series after being down 3-1 to the Indians. Final grade A+

2017 = 92-70. Won the NL Central Division as a #3 Seed, won in NLDS, lost in NLCS. Final grade B+

2018 = 95-68. Lost in Wildcard Game. Final grade = B-, still a B- as we made the Playoffs. Most people would take a B- anyday as it is better than Above Average.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see Machado or Harper a Cub next season with the way our Bats have been. We also should have a healthy Darvish.

:lol: That's funny! I think Darvish is going to be one of the biggest free agent signing busts of all time. If he ever gets better he still has issues tipping pitches....I'm not counting on it.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All in all, a look back at the last 4 seasons/years and here are my grades for what I call a Presidential term for the Cubs:

2015 = 97-65. Won Wildcard Game, won in NLDS, lost in NLCS. Final grade B+

2016 = 103-58. Won the NL Central Division as a #1 Seed, won in NLDS, won in NLCS, won the NL Pennant, won the World Series after being down 3-1 to the Indians. Final grade A+

2017 = 92-70. Won the NL Central Division as a #3 Seed, won in NLDS, lost in NLCS. Final grade B+

2018 = 95-68. Lost in Wildcard Game. Final grade = B-, still a B- as we made the Playoffs. Most people would take a B- anyday as it is better than Above Average.

It's been a good run with this core...but the problem is they just don't seem hungry anymore....and they look like they have lost their edge if you ask me. It took some MAJOR contributions from so late pickups like Chavez and Murphy and heroics from a call up in Bote to even get where we are. I'm making some major changes this year. To me I'm moving on from Russell whatever the cost even if it means not tendering him and letting him be a free agent,  I'm moving Schwarber too if I get to include him in a package for a starter for him or if it's to get someone to take Darvish off our hands. Can't imagine Murphy comes back based on money he will want. If I had my way we pay for Harper to play right. Move Heyward to center and play Bryant in left. Start Bote at 3rd, Javy at short, Zobriest/Happ at 2nd and Rizzo at first. Have Almora/Happ/Zobriest platoon and be bat off bench. Hoping Schwarber can land us a top line starter or killer closer and if that is the case bring back Hamels. I think you sell Schwarber and dump Russell if it clears cash for big moves in FA like Harper and Kimbrel. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

It's been a good run with this core...but the problem is they just don't seem hungry anymore....and they look like they have lost their edge if you ask me. It took some MAJOR contributions from so late pickups like Chavez and Murphy and heroics from a call up in Bote to even get where we are. I'm making some major changes this year. To me I'm moving on from Russell whatever the cost even if it means not tendering him and letting him be a free agent,  I'm moving Schwarber too if I get to include him in a package for a starter for him or if it's to get someone to take Darvish off our hands. Can't imagine Murphy comes back based on money he will want. If I had my way we pay for Harper to play right. Move Heyward to center and play Bryant in left. Start Bote at 3rd, Javy at short, Zobriest/Happ at 2nd and Rizzo at first. Have Almora/Happ/Zobriest platoon and be bat off bench. Hoping Schwarber can land us a top line starter or killer closer and if that is the case bring back Hamels. I think you sell Schwarber and dump Russell if it clears cash for big moves in FA like Harper and Kimbrel. 

I totally agree with you again. Especially about Russ and Kyle S. I love your lineup moves too. That is how I would have the Outfield.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

@NFLfan Hey...look on the bright side...as bad as the Mets were you still have the CY Young winner and you only missed out on a couple crappy games more than our Cubs did. In the end we both ended up with basically no October baseball...so Met, Cardinal, and Cubs fans are all depressed lol!

You believe that deGrom wins it? 

SI'd be ok with any of the following winning the world series.

In order:

Rockies

Brewers

Indians

Braves

A's

In order:

Rockies

Brewers

Indians

Braves

A's

In order:

Rockies

Brewers

Indians

Braves

A's

In order:

Rockies

Brewers

Indians

Braves

A's

21 minutes ago, Myles said:

In order:

Rockies

Brewers

Indians

Braves

A's

In order:

Rockies

Brewers

Indians

Braves

A's

You've been drinking? You're slurring your words and repeating yourself. :P

Who are you rooting for again??

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You've been drinking? You're slurring your words and repeating yourself. :P

Who are you rooting for again??

He is celebrating the Cubs losing haha . I would prefer the Rockies, A's, or Braves to win it all. I picked the Dodgers before the season to win it all but I don't like them as far as rooting for them. As long as the Brewers don't win it all I will be fine :funny:. No way in hell I can put up with that crappy/snobbish fanbase for a year. If they win it all I may jump off a cliff (just joking) :sarcasm:

Archived